ADVERTISEMENT

OT Lavar Ball on white guys

Hogaudacious

Letterman
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” -LaVar Ball

Two things here:
1) Isn't his son the one who got burned on defense almost every play guarding De'Aaron Fox.
2) His son is half white

This guy has become to the the sports equivalent to the "cash me outside girl".

He is spiraling out of control. Reminds me of OJ after he lost all control of his life.

This will definitely affect UCLA sooner or later. He is effectively criticizing Bryce Alford in saying this. If I were Steve Alford, I would revoke the remaining Ball kids' schollys and go a different direction. Not sure the remaining kids are worth the trouble that crazy dad is causing. It will only get worse from here.

Reactions: Hogaudacious
He's a hype man. I love it. I won't love it if it effects his kids games, but I don't think it will. I pay no attention to what he's actually saying.

Reactions: Woodshed 1914
He is spiraling out of control. Reminds me of OJ after he lost all control of his life.

That's giving Lavar way too much credit, because no one really cares if he spirals out of control. Until his son made him famous, no one ever knew he had even played in the NBA. He wants attention and he's actually a genius at getting it, because we're talking about him here on a Razorback site.

That's giving Lavar way too much credit, because no one really cares if he spirals out of control. Until his son made him famous, no one ever knew he had even played in the NBA. He wants attention and he's actually a genius at getting it, because we're talking about him here on a Razorback site.
But saying stuff like he said there...he will be blackballed by everyone pretty soon. He has proven himself to be an imbecile

Reactions: Hogaudacious
I_wont_not_use_no_double_negatives.jpg

As a Laker fan, I'm terrified at the prospect of Alonzo Ball getting drafted to LA. I think if he were to go any where else his Dad wouldn't be a huge issue, but the Ball's home is like 10 mins away from the staples center. I have to think if Lavar believes this kind crazy shit, then it will definitely rub off on his kids, which will create a huge sense of entitlement.

Reactions: hogsfan2621
As a Laker fan, I'm terrified at the prospect of Alonzo Ball getting drafted to LA. I think if he were to go any where else his Dad wouldn't be a huge issue, but the Ball's home is like 10 mins away from the staples center. I have to think if Lavar believes this kind crazy shit, then it will definitely rub off on his kids, which will create a huge sense of entitlement.
Not sure how the kid could possibly make the Lakers any worse than they already are?

“Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” -LaVar Ball

Two things here:
1) Isn't his son the one who got burned on defense almost every play guarding De'Aaron Fox.
2) His son is half white

This guy has become to the the sports equivalent to the "cash me outside girl".

One other point: Pretty sure Duke started three white players when they won the title in 2010. And they beat a Butler team with more than a couple of white guys. Lavar remains full of shit.

Richard Williams,part II,except his girls eventually backed up all the braggadocio.

I had uncles that could beat Michael Jordan, outrun Carl Lewis, and Whip Ali all in the same day. It's just that this is normally said at a family reunion or cookout.

Kevin Durant? Father no where to be found. LeBron James? Father no where to be found.
James Harden? Father no where to be found

The list goes on and on. I have an appreciation for him being active in his sons lives and raising them to be men. Keeping them off the streets and in the classroom and on the court. Sure he says crazy stuff sometimes. My father did also. The would be a better place if there were more fathers like LaVar Ball.

One other point: Pretty sure Duke started three white players when they won the title in 2010. And they beat a Butler team with more than a couple of white guys. Lavar remains full of shit.

Yea and how about a Gonzaga team that had a bout 6 white guys on their team and almost won the whole thing.

I had uncles that could beat Michael Jordan, outrun Carl Lewis, and Whip Ali all in the same day. It's just that this is normally said at a family reunion or cookout.

Kevin Durant? Father no where to be found. LeBron James? Father no where to be found.

The list goes on and on. I have an appreciation for him being active in his sons lives and raising them to be men. Keeping them off the streets and in the classroom and on the court. Sure he says crazy stuff sometimes. My father did also. The would be a better place if there were more fathers like LaVar Ball.

Glad LaVar Ball kept his kids off of the street but that is all I'll credit him for. He obviously has some sort of narcissistic personality disorder...and my bet is that his kids are pretty messed up

I had uncles that could beat Michael Jordan, outrun Carl Lewis, and Whip Ali all in the same day. It's just that this is normally said at a family reunion out cookout.

tge

It's blatantly obvious he is using his sons talents to prop himself up into the limelight. The Ball kids would still be getting the same amount of recognition if he were to keep his mouth shut, they are that good. Instead he is burning bridges down for them, him saying this crazy shit doesn't make it easier on them, in fact it makes it much harder. We can say our uncles and our Dad's would say this type of stuff, but when they say it, it's not in front of the national media for us to have to deal with.

Plain and simple: He's trying to make a name for himself off his sons' success. Like @RazorbackForever said, he get's credit for keeping them off the street, that's it.

It's blatantly obvious he is using his sons talents to prop himself up into the limelight. The Ball kids would still be getting the same amount of recognition if he were to keep his mouth shut, they are that good. Instead he is burning bridges down for them, him saying this crazy shit doesn't make it easier on them, in fact it makes it much harder. We can say our uncles and our Dad's would say this type of stuff, but when they say it, it's not in front of the national media for us to have to deal with.

Plain and simple: He's trying to make a name for himself off his sons' success. Like @RazorbackForever said, he get's credit for keeping them off the street, that's it.

The only time Lavar says something outrageous is when one of his kids is catching heat in the media. He does this to avert negative attention from his kids. Its all done with a purpose. This thread is a perfect example. UCLA lost because Lonzo got dominated and he's gotten everyone to forget that.

The only time Lavar says something outrageous is when one of his kids is catching heat in the media. He does this to avert negative attention from his kids. Its all done with a purpose. This thread is a perfect example. UCLA lost because Lonzo got dominated and he's gotten everyone to forget that.

Who forgot Lonzo got dominated, it is literally the first thing that came to my mind when he said it. Also, when your kids are half white and you say “Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” you have to understand the irony, which I don't believe he does.

You might think he's doing this intentionally to take heat off his kids, but to me it looks like he's just an idiot who puts his foot in his mouth at any given opportunity. You are giving his intelligence WAY to much credit.

Who forgot Lonzo got dominated, it is literally the first thing that came to my mind when he said it. Also, when your kids are half white and you say “Realistically you can’t win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow,” you have to understand the irony, which I don't believe he does.

You might think he's doing this intentionally to take heat off his kids, but to me it looks like he's just an idiot who puts his foot in his mouth at any given opportunity. You are giving his intelligence WAY to much credit.

I know for a fact it's done intentionally. I saw it said with my own eyes. Lavar is no idiot. Things are going exactly how he wants them to go.

I'm not defending shit.
Actually you are. You're making it "ok" Bc you say it's "going just how he planned". He has proven over and over that's he's an idiot. Bet if a white dude made racist comments you wouldn't give him that defense.

Hell, Some of the best ever and current players have been calling the guy an idiot for weeks.

Reactions: Mass31
So one of the top prospects in the country, his dad makes racist comments and it shouldn't be news? OK! Let it be the other way around and see what happens.

I agree with you on the double standard and the hypocrisy. I wouldn't consider it news-worthy if it were the other way around, either. People are f****** stupid.

I wouldn't say it takes genius to draw massive amounts of attention by acting like a buffoon.

Reactions: Mass31
Actually you are. You're making it "ok" Bc you say it's "going just how he planned". He has proven over and over that's he's an idiot. Bet if a white dude made racist comments you wouldn't give him that defense.

Hell, Some of the best ever and current players have been calling the guy an idiot for weeks.

Actually I clearly said his son is the reason they lost. I was raised in Arkansas and some of the away games weren't so pleasant. But I harbor no hate. My mother integrated West End High School as well as the university of Alabama and harbors no hate. My parents raised me that way. In short you don't know jack shit about me and surely not enough to judge my character.

Reactions: UTRIP UMP and kj0N
...and yes, allowing guys to carry the ball every time they make a move to the hoop has hurt the slower white guys in the NBA on defense. Cant get away w it in NCAA, which is why white guys can be effective defenders.

Want to know why Westbrook is unstoppable? They call it a "hang dribble" but it's just a modern day carry that cant be defended by a slower player.

I agree with you on the double standard and the hypocrisy. I wouldn't consider it news-worthy if it were the other way around, either. People are f****** stupid.

I believe it is news worthy. He's a top 5 pick in the NBA draft, whether you care or not, Lavar is dictating the perception of his kids. His kids might be great people, but unfortunately the only vantage point we get is through Lavar, which gives off a pretty bad impression.

Go on twitter and look up #LavarBall, the running joke is African Americans wanting to trade Lavar Ball or exile him (pretty comical stuff). His comment were no doubt racists and you better believe NBA fans, coaches, and most importantly GM's are taking notice and realizing what they are going to have to deal with if they decide to draft any Ball kid.

Reactions: RazorbackForever
Actually I clearly said his son is the reason they lost. I was raised in Arkansas and some of the away games weren't so pleasant. But I harbor no hate. My mother integrated West End High School as well as the university of Alabama and harbors no hate. My parents raised me that way. In short you don't know jack shit about me and surely not enough to judge my character.

For the record, I didn't intend to besmirch your character. I've always liked you and think you're a fair-minded and thoughtful poster. Just thought your posts on this particular subject were a little strange.

But read Danny's post above. Danny did not say it was ok. But he pointed out the way Ball has everyone talking.

You can do that without "defending" it. That is how I also read Woodshed's posts.

Reactions: Woodshed 1914

THIS!!! I respect the guy for being a good dad in an age where fathers not being involved in their kids life is far too common. The only problem I have is that although what he said might be true if he was the opposite race and said something like that he would be vilified. He's a troll and a damn good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT