ADVERTISEMENT

Long to Nebraska?

Our Athletic programs from top to bottom have never been stronger. Our program has never been richer. Our players have never been this academically qualified. Our problems have never been this few.

The idiocy that surrounds our program fan-wise is incredible. I am softening on my defense of BB. But Long is by far the best AD in the country. You guys that are hysteric because of football need to get to the hospital and get your tampons checked for sepsis because you appear brain-dead.

BB can leave and the program will be fine. But there is no other AD that will operate at the level of Long that we could possibly hire. Nobody.

Our Athletic programs from top to bottom have never been stronger. Our program has never been richer. Our players have never been this academically qualified. Our problems have never been this few.

The idiocy that surrounds our program fan-wise is incredible. I am softening on my defense of BB. But Long is by far the best AD in the country. You guys that are hysteric because of football need to get to the hospital and get your tampons checked for sepsis because you appear brain-dead.

BB can leave and the program will be fine. But there is no other AD that will operate at the level of Long that we could possibly hire. Nobody.
Why on earth do you think that? What about all the AD's whose programs win championships? None of those guys are better???

Sry. You can say he isn't a bad AD. But to say he is hands down the best AD In the country???? Hahahaha delusional is a nice word and I'll leave it at that.

Why on earth do you think that? What about all the AD's whose programs win championships? None of those guys are better???

Sry. You can say he isn't a bad AD. But to say he is hands down the best AD In the country???? Hahahaha delusional is a nice word and I'll leave it at that.

Did I say that? Reread my post and don't stop until you hit the period. He is not the best. I am not sure you can't really say there is a "best." with certainty. But I will say he is the best among schools at our level and one of the top-10 in the country.

BTW... Your post above is an example of the sepsis-brain of which I referred. Either you can't read or are too lazy to comprehend. Both hurt the value of by UA education when you publicize your ignorance. Please stop hurting the value of UA graduates. Stop posting or take the time to read and comprehend before replying.

BTW... Your post above is an example of the sepsis-brain of which I referred. Either you can't read or are too lazy to comprehend. Both hurt the value of by UA education when you publicize your ignorance. Please stop hurting the value of UA graduates. Stop posting or take the time to read and comprehend before replying.
lol I read it all. IMO you are the ignorant one. for you to say there is not another AD that could operate at the level of Jeff long is all I needed to read to realize you are not a smart human being. I don't hate they guy, don't think he is terrible, but to say no one could operate better than him as our AD and act like you know that 100% is sooooooooooooooo stupid.

Honestly don't like to argue. But I just highly Disagree with you. And I realize you don't agree with my opinion. So agree to disagree.

lol I read it all. IMO you are the ignorant one. for you to say there is not another AD that could operate at the level of Jeff long is all I needed to read to realize you are not a smart human being. I don't hate they guy, don't think he is terrible, but to say no one could operate better than him as our AD and act like you know that 100% is sooooooooooooooo stupid.

Honestly don't like to argue. But I just highly Disagree with you. And I realize you don't agree with my opinion. So agree to disagree.

I did not say "there is not another AD that could operate at the level of Jeff long." Are you a liar or have you really been unable to read a very simple post? What I said is there is not other AD of his quality we could hire at Arkansas. The ADs at Notre Dame and Alabama are not coming to Arkansas.

You lack of appropriate capitalization and punctuation does not help your defense.

Last edited:
I did not say "there is not another AD that could operate at the level of Jeff long." Are you a liar or have you really been unable to read a very simple post? WHat I said is there is not other AD of his quality we could hire at Arkansas. The ADs at Notre Dame and Alabama are not coming to Arkansas.

You lack of appropriate capitalization and punctuation does not help your defense.
lol you think I care about punctuation and capitalization on a message board typing from a phone. I don't. Sry if that bothers you.

"But there is no other AD that will operate at the level of Long that we could possibly hire. Nobody."

Since you keep claiming I can't read..the above sentence you typed. I disagree with that comment. I'm not trying to take a shot at you or argue with you. But when you start trying to take shots at me about being dumb and not being able to read is frustrating. We just disagree plain and simple. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm going to try and take personal shots at you on a message board where we are both clearly fans of the same team.

Anyways, sry if I offended you with my original comment. My bad. It's touchy with everyone, including myself right now. We as hog fans don't deserve to be going through this right now.

Reactions: ermackey

The idiocy that surrounds our program fan-wise is incredible. I am softening on my defense of BB. But Long is by
Did I say that? Reread my post and don't stop until you hit the period. He is not the best. I am not sure you can't really say there is a "best." with certainty. But I will say he is the best among schools at our level and one of the top-10 in the country.
Did you really say he's the best AD BY FAR, then say you never said that? Also calling people liars and using tampons in your arguments? You have lost your mind

Reactions: Chauvinist Pig
Long will probably get a raise after the fans at the Auburn game praise the abundance of food and water there is available......not to mention the short lines in the restrooms

I did not say "there is not another AD that could operate at the level of Jeff long." Are you a liar or have you really been unable to read a very simple post? What I said is there is not other AD of his quality we could hire at Arkansas. The ADs at Notre Dame and Alabama are not coming to Arkansas.

I feel like with just a touch of effort you could really take the condescending douche nozzle act right over the top.

You go Snowflakes!!!!

Reactions: rzrbk7777
Yes it is.

Heh. Maybe you intend to have comic value, eh? I like the Nebraska football model. Incredible continuity in their program for 40 years that culminated in their NC's in the '90's. While they do still have an incredible fan base, the program has slid dramatically since Dr. Tom left. It is not a better job.

What up Jeff? Didn't know you were a member of the board.

Exactly. You snowflakes that want Long gone because you are butthurt about this season need to grow a pair!

Were you a faculty member and never a student? Sorry if off base but thought I read that in the past.

I was never a student at Arkansas. Point?

You caught me guy! I think you are a terrible fan (not really a fan at all) because you weren't a student. Seriously, just trying to figure out his mo.

Reactions: DaxC
Long is going to be leaving sooner than later, and it will be the UA's decision. Don't be surprised if Long is very open to discussions from interested suitors.
Where are you guys getting this info? Is it just a gut feeling, or do you have concrete info that Long is leaving or is being fired? Seems speculative at best to me.

If any part of me had any doubts that my disgust for Long was warranted, zippy here just finished the job. Long is a hero to far left radical idiots. They hold him in the same esteem they hold Nancy, Chuck, Bernie,and Barry. We surely deserve to be mediocre at everything and we should be grateful that we are. Maybe we should be grateful that other SEC schools who are struggling lie USCe, A&M, and OM see us on the schedule and have hope that they can pick up an SEC win. We make other programs feel good about themselves. That's almost as good as a participation trophy. I'll pass.

Now, Mackey, see if you can put some facts behind your claim. How many schools at our level you reckon would trade places with where we are? Certainly not the 8 SEC schools ahead of us in revenue, or the ten or 12 that want us to be their homecoming game. Certainly not the fans/donors of those schools who don't want to be crapped on like he did the Hog fans. Not the programs who think wins are more fun than good gpa's. Not the schools who don;t benefit from SEC money and would need Long to fund the program on his own(9th in the SEC in non-SEC revenue).

I do agree, we certainly should not expect to operate at he level Long has us at if he leaves. Please enlighten us on all of the great benefits we as Hog fans enjoy through Long that we would be missing if he weren't here? I see none that I would miss and plenty I would be glad to be rid of.

I was a student (PhD, 2008) and also worked for the Athletic Dept in several capacities during my time there.

Thanks, remember now the athletic dept. piece and that you fancy yourself a genius. Hence the bias/agenda.

if Long were to leave it would be his choice. Absolutely absurd to think he would feel any heat because one program is not performing to fan expectations when he is running one of the 25 most profitable programs in all of college sports. Some of you are just plain delusional

Reactions: DaxC
No one is irreplaceable. Plenty of people in the business that are like Long and have a similar resume to him when he came from Pitt. We could get someone else.

Long has been good to the Razorback Brand. Just not good for the trophy shelves.

If he can take a step back, he will see that he has to make a change. A good chunk of the financial progress he has made will be cut into with the buyout we will have to pay. But that is solely his own fault. And if he has done so well in the financial part of the business, then it won't matter anyway. If he is too stubborn to make the change, then he may be gone too.

No one hires a fired AD so I would imagine if it got that sideways. He would leave for another gig first. Like Nebraska.

L
If any part of me had any doubts that my disgust for Long was warranted, zippy here just finished the job. Long is a hero to far left radical idiots. They hold him in the same esteem they hold Nancy, Chuck, Bernie,and Barry. We surely deserve to be mediocre at everything and we should be grateful that we are. Maybe we should be grateful that other SEC schools who are struggling lie USCe, A&M, and OM see us on the schedule and have hope that they can pick up an SEC win. We make other programs feel good about themselves. That's almost as good as a participation trophy. I'll pass.

Now, Mackey, see if you can put some facts behind your claim. How many schools at our level you reckon would trade places with where we are? Certainly not the 8 SEC schools ahead of us in revenue, or the ten or 12 that want us to be their homecoming game. Certainly not the fans/donors of those schools who don't want to be crapped on like he did the Hog fans. Not the programs who think wins are more fun than good gpa's. Not the schools who don;t benefit from SEC money and would need Long to fund the program on his own(9th in the SEC in non-SEC revenue).

I do agree, we certainly should not expect to operate at he level Long has us at if he leaves. Please enlighten us on all of the great benefits we as Hog fans enjoy through Long that we would be missing if he weren't here? I see none that I would miss and plenty I would be glad to be rid of.
LOL trying to make it political!!!! As one who is to the far right of John Birch I'd have to say your premise is highly flawed. One of the 25 most profitable programs in all of college sports. https://talkbusiness.net/2015/09/ra...m-one-of-few-in-the-country-to-turn-a-profit/ I dare say there are several schools in the SEC that would trade for the sake of being profitable.

Reactions: ermackey
Thanks, remember now the athletic dept. piece and that you fancy yourself a genius. Hence the bias/agenda.
Not a genius. I just tend to know what I am talking about and follow a logical decision-making process rather than emotional reactionary thought. May seem like genius, but it is a rather basic way of thinking and living.

It is also a way to avoid bias. By rationally trying to identify the problem and then identify a solution that best addresses the problem, you tend to wash-out bias and reduce radicalism. You should try it sometime, snowflake.

Reactions: Wallyhogg
if Long were to leave it would be his choice. Absolutely absurd to think he would feel any heat because one program is not performing to fan expectations when he is running one of the 25 most profitable programs in all of college sports. Some of you are just plain delusional
Wally gets it. Long has ZERO pressure from BOT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT