ADVERTISEMENT

Monday News, Notes & Thoughts

Danny West

Recruiting Analyst
Oct 24, 2004
Tontitown, AR
www.hawgsports.com
- Still expecting good news to come Arkansas' way very soon. On Saturday we reported there would be good news coming "in the next couple of days," and this makes the second of those couple days so keep your head on a swivel.

- Hearing very, very good things about freshman OL Zach Rogers lately. Sounds like he's going to make a real push this spring. As we've said for two years in-a-row, when he's healthy he's as good as any. Sounds good for him so far. We are now one week away from the start of spring drills. As a side note, we will hear from Bret Bielema again on Wednesday.

- Kellen Diesch told me he enjoyed the Arkansas visit and that he is now done with Junior Day visits for this spring. The other places he's visited lately include Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Tennessee. Pittman has Arkansas off to a very nice start here.

- Devin White, the 4-star cousin of Jared Cornelius, said the Hogs remain in strong contention after his trip to Fayetteville on Saturday.

- If I had to pick the next instate offer, I think Tyrone Mahone of Bentonville has a nice shot to get one from the Hogs, as well. It'd be between those two for my guess right now, though.

We say it a lot but it's important to remember this time of year: This staff will always take their time before extending an instate offer. Even though other teams may beat them to the punch sometimes, those other teams don't have to be prepared to take a commitment from them when they offer. If Arkansas offers, they have to be 100 percent ready for a commitment. Just like we've seen with some of Arkansas' offers. A kid might want to commit and then the staff has to tell him to come in for a visit. You can't do that with instate kids, so this type of process happens everywhere, not just at Arkansas.

- I am still considering DE McTelvin Agim an Arkansas lean after this weekend. Probably more now than I did prior to the visit. As of today I think Arkansas gets all four that they've offered from within the state thus far. Couldn't have said that about all their 2015 instate targets at this time last year but feel very confident in where they're at with these four so far.

- Keep the name liked his film and he'll play somewhere. Plays in class 3A at Jackson (Tenn.) Central-Merry and hasn't received much interest yet. Physical guy, though. Look for his name once camp rolls around.

- New QB name to keep an eye on is Neiko Hollins (6-4, 205) of Missouri City (Texas) Hightower. Not saying he's a definite offer or anything, but he's on their radar and has been receiving lots of mail from them. Be nice to see what he's got at camp if he can make it. Big kid with a really big arm on film.

This post was edited on 3/9 4:25 AM by Danny West

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News