ADVERTISEMENT

NFL

I'm done

You can believe as you choose but don't
disrespect the symbol for the ones that fought and died for your freedom to live in a free country with choices

A damn shame

Each team should have a history lesson

Reactions: HawgWild79
I'm frustrated as hell with a lot of these mis-guided FB players, but not to the point where I'll quit watching. Everybody wants a platform these days, smh.

I'm done

disrespect the symbol for the ones that fought and died for your freedom to live in a free country with choices

A damn shame

Have you read what Villanueva thinks? He's totally embarrassed that he's become the symbol of anti-kneeling. There's nothing wrong with using your platform to improve the lives of others. That's the point here. Nobody is disrespecting the military, not by a longshot.

It's anti kneeling now? Good grief

I wonder How many of those kneeling are doing a damn thing about helping their neighbor

Reactions: HawgWild79
I'm done

A damn shame

And yet so many currently serving or veterans have no problem with it because they fought for the right to peacefully protest. It's not black and white.

Reactions: Woodshed 1914
And yet so many currently serving or veterans have no problem with it because they fought for the right to peacefully protest. It's not black and white.
Go protest at your place of employment and see how that goes over. I’m fine with people protesting injustices, just do it on your time.

Go protest at your place of employment and see how that goes over. I’m fine with people protesting injustices, just do it on your time.

If my employer wanted to fire me over it, then that would be their right.

I'm done

A damn shame

Have you read what Villanueva thinks? He's totally embarrassed that he's become the symbol of anti-kneeling. There's nothing wrong with using your platform to improve the lives of others. That's the point here. Nobody is disrespecting the military, not by a longshot.
So if the NFL is all about making a statement, why didn't they let the cowboys have a small sticker on their helmet last year for support of the Dallas officers slain for being policemen? NFL is all about liberal causes. I see no reason to support protests based on lies like Hands up don't shoot

Oh no, I'm not done at all. All this peaceful protesting makes me want to watch it more. I've never had more respect for professional athletes. It's not about the flag, or disrespecting the military, it's individual citizens with a platform, attempting to bring awareness and change to inequality in this country. They are protesting, and it's starting a conversation.

Their mission is being accomplished whether you agree with them or not. Simply by having an opinion, and voicing it, you are giving further meaning to their quiet, silent, peaceful protest.

I appreciate all yalls comments and opinions.

So if the NFL is all about making a statement, why didn't they let the cowboys have a small sticker on their helmet last year for support of the Dallas officers slain for being policemen? NFL is all about liberal causes. I see no reason to support protests based on lies like Hands up don't shoot
Yikes

I didn't vote for Trump.

I don't fully understand what these protests are about.

Racism goes both ways.

GO COWBOYS!

Oh no, I'm not done at all. All this peaceful protesting makes me want to watch it more. I've never had more respect for professional athletes. It's not about the flag, or disrespecting the military, it's individual citizens with a platform, attempting to bring awareness and change to inequality in this country. They are protesting, and it's starting a conversation.

Their mission is being accomplished whether you agree with them or not. Simply by having an opinion, and voicing it, you are giving further meaning to their quiet, silent, peaceful protest.

I appreciate all yalls comments and opinions.
If you think they are bringing perceived inequalities to an end you are as misguided as them

Enjoying the NFL more than ever these days, last weekend they had 3 OT games and a few others that came down to the wire, love my Sunday ticket! The NFL has tightend up it's broadcast, games are quicker,

If we're talking about players who kneel, in week 2 there were only 10 accounted for, it was going away. And then somebody decided to hit up twitter and blow the hole thing up.

Last edited:

Nevermind that the league is run by billionaire Republicans that all gave money to Trump.

Refute it
I have no idea what any of this has to do with hands up. You're connecting things that don't connect, it doesn't make sense. I'm guessing your position is that theres no disadvantage to being black in America, in which case an entire different argument is needed.

I think the players could be more clear with their intent, but I still will never hold it against anyone who uses the platform they've earned to raise awareness for whatever cause they might have. I don't have to agree with the cause to accept its presence as squarely American in nature.

That is either a lie or you don't comprehend English. BTW I think Trump responded in an idiotic way but he never Stated that they would be arrested

"If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL,or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem."

That was in English wasn't it?

It should have been ignored from day one

The media knows they can yank everyone's chain. People need to be cool

Just vote with your pocketbook

It is no more than a clash of cultures, not a good guy -bad guy thing.

There will never be a time when we do not have any bad cops......so what can we do about it? There are enough laws already.

There is a bottom line and that is DO NOT LET WHITE COPS AROUND BLACK CITIZENS.

Anything else will fail because this involves millions of humans and you know how they are

"If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL,or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem."

That was in English wasn't it?
Oh I guess you think that means he wants legislation introduced to outlaw sitting for the Anthem. He is talking about what he thinks Owners should do, and they have the right to do, is fire them. I wouldn't do it but I think they are disrespectful in doing and would damn sure let them know. Young and dumb is what I would attribute it to

Oh I guess you think that means he wants legislation introduced to outlaw sitting for the Anthem. He is talking about what he thinks Owners should do, and they have the right to do, is fire them. I wouldn't do it but I think they are disrespectful in doing and would damn sure let them know. Young and dumb is what I would attribute it to

"Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out. He’s fired. He’s fired!"

-Donald Trump

That's all fine and dandy except that he's violating the law by telling owners that they should fire players that kneel.

Like I said, I don't agree with that crap. I wish he could shut his mouth many times, but he can't control himself. For the record, I DO NOT think of these guys kneeling like that, I just think that it is wrong

That's all fine and dandy except that he's violating the law by telling owners that they should fire players that kneel.
Do you really think that he is really COMMANDING them to do that? I sure take it as he is stating his position on the matter. He shouldn't talk like that as President, but he always can't stay Presidential unfortunately

N.F.L. Owners’ Unity With Players Might Be Short-Lived

20170925192449.jpg

Like I said, I don't agree with that crap. I wish he could shut his mouth many times, but he can't control himself. For the record, I DO NOT think of these guys kneeling like that, I just think that it is wrong
He is running his mouth but he is not out of control. This was planned. He is playing the left like a cheap fiddle and the left fell for it again. This is an issue he knew he could win.

He is running his mouth but he is not out of control. This was planned. He is playing the left like a cheap fiddle and the left fell for it again. This is an issue he knew he could win.

Yeah he was the big winner here for sure. Haha.

What exactly did he win lol?
How about the health care bill failing again. Republicans have failed again but he has the media in an uproar over idiot football players kneeling at a ball game rather than focusing on real problems. That is a political win because most in the country agree with him on the issue of kneeling. If you are a Liberal, you probably can't see that but, of course, I have no idea what your political leanings are.

h

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT