ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki, a question about Bielema at the Texas HS Coach's meeting

Lowcountry Hog

All-Conference
Nov 26, 2017
James Island
The following has been discussed quite a bit around these parts, but I am wondering about your take as you were following high school football and recruiting in Texas at the time.

https://www.si.com/cauldron/2015/09/22/bret-bielema-kliff-kingsbury-arkansas-texas-am

Of course, that didn’t stop Bielema from accepting an invitation to speak at the Texas High School Coach’s Association meeting in Houston last July — just days, ironically, after his fetish with kneel downs were made known. It was there that Bielema so rankled Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury, who uncharacteristically spoke about Bielema’s comments after his Red Raiders defeated Arkansas last Saturday night.

“At the Texas High School Coaches Convention this summer he stood up and said if you don’t play with a fullback we’ll kick your ass, and if you throw it 70 times a game we’ll kick your ass,” Kingsbury said. He continued: “He just got his ass kicked twice in a row and probably next week by A&M too. That did feel good.”

I suppose my question is this: How was Bret Bielema viewed by Texas HS coaches? Do you feel that Arkansas had a presence in Texas under his stewardship?

Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News