ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A&E indefinitely suspends Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson

How do you suspend someone from "reality"? The whole show should be permanently suspended.

Phil has a right to his beliefs as does anyone else. I like the fact that he is not defined by fame or the TV show. Good for him.

Alec Baldwin routinely voices his opinions about gays in a much much worse way. Yet continues to be a mainstay in the public's eye. Wonder if he wasn't such a huge Liberal if he'd still have the support that he does?

PC is out of hand, I don't even watch TV anymore.

A&E to Phil Robertson-
"Now don't get us wrong Phil, we LOVE that you live your life by what the Bible says....just not that part."

Originally posted by mtsuhog85:
Alec Baldwin routinely voices his opinions about gays in a much much worse way. Yet continues to be a mainstay in the public's eye. Wonder if he wasn't such a huge Liberal if he'd still have the support that he does?

That's apparent because Alec Baldwin was suspended by NBC also.

Originally posted by Charlie B Barkin:
Thank god, terrible actor.
He is not supposed to be an actor.

He is a real person who has legitimate beliefs that he states WITHOUT MALICE TO ANYONE. His faith tells him this:

"Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers?they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

Has the adulterers Anon. group also complained? What about drunkards, swindlers?

If A & E wants to humor the gays and lesbians that is their business but they will suffer the consequences of THEIR free speech.

Absolutely sad that America has come to this. One of the main reasons or ancestors came to this country was to have FREEDOM from oppressions....like A & E suspending Phil for doing absolutely NOTHING wrong !!! People are free to cuss and act in vile ways but you can't state your stand on issues one thinks is immoral ?? Don't the gays state their case constantly ??? I never thought I'd see the day when AMERICA would become so bankrupt of ethics and morals. It's never pushed on anyone...but they still can't even stand for anything close to it to be mentioned it in public. We're in trouble.....

Why does everyone have to agree with everything these days? They asked the man a question and they knew the answer before they asked it. I thought he was pretty nice about it too. America has too many wusses in it to survive too much longer. You can't speak the truth anymore without someone getting their little feelings hurt. If you don't agree, just shut up and move on. Everyone shouldn't have to agree about everything.

This is bound to cost these bearded dudes at least as much as it cost Chik-Fil-A, Bill Maher and his c**t month, Alec Baldwin and MSNBC. Well MSNBC and their 25 viewers probably don't count

Love there show and them in general. There the only people on TV that doesn't drink cuss have sex and do drugs on there show. I wish more of America was more like them, it would be a hell of lot better. I support Phil 110%. I just wish A&E had a back bone to stand up and support him instead of agreeing with the idiots he was referring to...

Originally posted by floridahog:
Originally posted by mtsuhog85:

That's apparent because Alec Baldwin was suspended by NBC also.
How about his credit card commercials? You know the one where he had to apologize for not turning off his cellphone on the flight?

Originally posted by ClearLakeHog-2:

He is a real person who has legitimate beliefs that he states WITHOUT MALICE TO ANYONE. His faith tells him this:

"Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers?they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

Has the adulterers Anon. group also complained? What about drunkards, swindlers?

If A & E wants to humor the gays and lesbians that is their business but they will suffer the consequences of THEIR free speech.

Sigh...

Originally posted by LaHoggaNostra:

This is bound to cost these bearded dudes at least as much as it cost Chik-Fil-A, Bill Maher and his c**t month, Alec Baldwin and MSNBC. Well MSNBC and their 25 viewers probably don't count
I doubt it they will move stations and double their viewership.

Some folks think homosexuality is wrong.....some folks think there is nothing wrong with it. If you really believe that folks should be able to do and or say and or be what they want.....thats cool.

The great irony is that he is just stating what he believes and feels is right and true. How is that different than a homosexual saying they believe homosexuality is right.....

Its the same thing at its root....yet folks continue to blow it out of proportion. It's extremely tired.

Originally posted by treestandhog:
Absolutely sad that America has come to this. One of the main reasons or ancestors came to this country was to have FREEDOM from oppressions....like A & E suspending Phil for doing absolutely NOTHING wrong !!! People are free to cuss and act in vile ways but you can't state your stand on issues one thinks is immoral ?? Don't the gays state their case constantly ??? I never thought I'd see the day when AMERICA would become so bankrupt of ethics and morals. It's never pushed on anyone...but they still can't even stand for anything close to it to be mentioned it in public. We're in trouble.....
I don't agree with the discipline either, but you guys are blurring free speech with the right of a company to require certain type of conduct from it's employees. He has the freedom to speak about whatever he wants, but individuals and companies have the right to react to that as they see fit. Again, I think it's way too much PC that's going into this and causing the reaction from the network, but it's their right just as it's his right to say what he wants. Freedom of speech does not exclude you from repercussions by society to what you say, no matter how much we might disagree with that.

Originally posted by ClearLakeHog-2:

Sigh...
The Gate Keeper is going to be busy turning them away..

Originally posted by Woodlands_Hog:

Originally posted by LaHoggaNostra:

I doubt it they will move stations and double their viewership.
I agree, I should have left out Alec. My point was it did not cost CFA and Maher when they said stuff that was not PC

You guys who are confusing the freedom of speech with the right to voice their opinions free from judgment of their employer are a little dramatic. His employer suspended him for voicing an opinion that they do not want associated with them which is well within their rights. Phil Robertson did not get locked up in prison and have his tongue cut out. Hopefully you guys see the difference. If not, carry on with your overreactions because they are comical.

A & E can do all they want cause it won't change any of the Robertson's beliefs. He is a very devote Christian man, so they are insane if they actually thought he would believe otherwise. Go ahead and cancel or whatever they want, it won't change them! Besides another network will pick up in a heart beat.

And yes freedom of speech is from government, not a company.

This post was edited on 12/18 9:45 PM by jtuck33

Originally posted by ksmathis:
You guys who are confusing the freedom of speech with the right to voice their opinions free from judgment of their employer are a little dramatic. His employer suspended him for voicing an opinion that they do not want associated with them which is well within their rights. Phil Robertson did not get locked up in prison and have his tongue cut out. Hopefully you guys see the difference. If not, carry on with your overreactions because they are comical.
Most know its not officially freedom of speech, but if you say something that is not PC you could get canned.

Hence, why PR got canned. Its not in line with what the main stream media wants.

OTOH, if he was flaming gay, atheist, he could say just about anything and get away with it. Especially, if it was against a Christian.

Originally posted by ksmathis:
Thank you, ksm, for spelling this out so I didn't have to. 1st amendiment precludes the government from inhibiting free speech. Private companies, not so.

Originally posted by chicks1244:
Love there show and them in general. There the only people on TV that doesn't drink cuss have sex and do drugs on there show. I wish more of America was more like them, it would be a hell of lot better. I support Phil 110%. I just wish A&E had a back bone to stand up and support him instead of agreeing with the idiots he was referring to...
You my friend can "Ring the Bell", as you are spot on. GO HAWGS and GO PHIL!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT