ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Early Memorial Day Message

OlKuntryBoy

Signee
Silver Member
Jan 31, 2021
Palm Harbor, FL
On Monday, May 31st, many will celebrate Memorial Day with a start-of-summer barbecue, trip to the beach, or just chill and hang out with some family and friends. No matter your plans, it's paramount to remember the true meaning of the holiday a day dedicated to honoring the fallen soldiers that have fought to protect our freedom.

This is not Veterans Day, it's not a celebration, it is a day of solemn contemplation in which we remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, their life for the freedoms we enjoy. Even though it is a solemn day it is also a day of thanks. General George Patton said it best: “"It is wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God such men lived."

Ceremonies are important, but our gratitude must be more than visits to the troops and once a year Memorial Day ceremony. We honor the dead best by treating the living well.

Memorial Day hits different for me I have the lasting memories of soldiers I fought with side-by-side who did not come home. Each day I strive to honor them in the way I go about my life…

REMEMBER FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News