ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting OV Recap: Hogs host 2022 JUCO DT Taylor Lewis

NWAHutch

Hall of Fame
Staff
Apr 30, 2018
Recap of Taylor Lewis' official visit. Sounds encouraging...

Arkansas’ search for another defensive lineman in the 2022 class has taken it to the junior college ranks.

Having already landed a pair of defensive ends and a defensive tackle from the transfer portal, the Razorbacks hosted Taylor Lewis from the College of the Canyons in California this weekend.

The 6-foot-3, 300-pound defensive tackle spent a few days in Fayetteville checking out what Arkansas had to offer and it sounds like it was a productive visit for the Razorbacks.

“The visit was smooth,” Lewis said. “I can see myself playing here. Everything was better than I thought it would be. It was a real smooth visit.”

Lewis had an opportunity to do several things while in town with his mother, but the highlight was — without a doubt — “the stadium for sure.”

He said he could easily see himself out there against the likes of Cincinnati, Alabama and others this season.

“That stadium is huge,” Lewis said. “I’ve never been in anything like that. I almost got emotional going out there, for real.”

While veteran defensive tackle Isaiah Nichols was his host on the visit, Lewis also hung out with transfers Jordan Domineck and Terry Hampton. Domineck is a defensive end from Georgia Tech and Hampton is a defensive tackle from Arkansas State — both of whom are summer enrollees.

The Razorbacks also added defensive end Landon Jackson from LSU. All of the additions, as well as the returning players, will be coached by yet another new defensive line coach this year.

Deke Adams drew positive reviews from players during spring ball and he made an impression on Lewis during his visit this week.

"Learning from Coach Adams I feel that's going to benefit me because the kind of guy he is,” Lewis said. “He's a family man first. He puts his wife and everything he's got going as a priority.

“He also cares about his players too and that speaks volumes. Especially at this level with coaches. You don't get that a lot. It's a business, but you've still got to care about your players. I feel he's going to develop me a lot and make me better than I was before I came here."

Coming off a season in which he made 18 tackles — including 1.5 for loss — in six games, Lewis was a unanimous first-team All-SCFA selection.

There is no set timeline, but he said a decision is “real close, a few days away.” He’s already taken an official visit to Oregon State and had previously planned to set ones up with Missouri and Nebraska, but added that he doesn’t have any other visits scheduled.

“I might be done with that,” Lewis said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News