ADVERTISEMENT

Razorbackism

Originally posted by eek-a-hog:
Only religion I believe in.
Careful....some Muslims will cut your head off for that. Just saying it because it is true and I'd like you to be safe and keep posting.

This post was edited on 3/28 5:47 PM by Hog Alumni

For your sake, and that of your soul, I sure hope there is a HOG HEAVEN.

eek,

I wonder if you have ever been invited
into God's family. Well, I officially invite you. (And anybody else that is reading this) If you are interested...
let's talk. Here or privately.
my e-mail is...
astros11111111111@yahoo.com

God's family is a pretty awesome.
I'm sure if given the chance, they each
would invite you too . Just as they were
once invited. Here's a few that said yes.

Basketball-Pete Maravich, Dikembe Mutombo,
AC Green, Kevin Durant, D Wade, Derek
Fisher, David Robinson.

Football-Reggie White, Tom Landry, Joe Gibbs, Roger Staubach, Kurt Warner,
Eli Manning, Tim Tebow, Tony Dungy,
Phillip Rivers, Deon Sanders, Mike Singletaty, Mike Barber, John Harbaugh,
Anthony Munoz, David Tyree, Hershel Walker.

Baseball-Josh Hamilton, Curt Schilling
Mariano Rivera, Albert Pujols, John Smoltz, Clint Hurdle, Andy Pettitte,
Sean Casey, Joe Carter, Orel Hershiser.

NASCAR-Mikey and Darrell Waltrip, Joe Gibbs again, Blake Koch, Mike McDowell,
Trevor Bayne, Dale Jarrett, Mark Martin.

Golf-Bubba Watson, Tom Lehman,
Zach Johnson, Paul Azinger.

Plus...people like Lou Ferrigno,Carrie Underwood,
Mary Lou Retton, Stephen Baldwin,
and......

all the Duck Dynasty folks!!!
Phil-Si-Willie and all their families!

And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:17

Is that email address for real? Was astros1, astros11, astros111 etc already taken? The number 1 button on your keyboard broken?

I don't give a rats ass what God Lou Ferggino, Mary Lou Retton, Gary Coleman or Screech choose to worship, but that email address is truly fascinating.

This post was edited on 3/29 11:33 PM by Hog Heffner

Seems like both sides just lack the ability to stfu and ignore it. Non believers always have to throw some smart ass remark out there, and the faithful always have to prove that they are right. What doe's it f'n matter, how someone else believes? If you think your way is the only way, then you are wrong.
My way works for me, but you will never see me try to convince someone that my way should be their way... if everybody would just ignore if you don't agree, then it'd be a non-issue.

I forget how odd that e-mail must look.
Being an Astros fan, I actually
did try Astros1 and it was taken of course. As was Astros11, and Astros111
I believe. Well, 11 is my favorite number. (It became my favorite number
because of Joe Ferguson, Razorback QB
a hundred years ago.) So....Astros and
eleven ones!

As far as Lou Ferrigno's God, or Mary
Lou Rettons God, I was hoping you guys
would see somebody on that list that you
respected. Hopefully several. And it would give you a thought to look and see WHY these people that you respect, worship and serve God. And maybe, it would draw you to the path that leads to
your salvation.

wps88 2.0... that was quite a statement
by eek. For those of us that read the Bible, and believe it to be from God,
we know eeks in trouble. He may have
just been kidding, but to say that likely means he doesn't believe the Bible. Should we just let that pass? It would
be a lot easier to do that. Just ignore it. But then eek's still in trouble and
now we are guilty of doing nothing to help.
I have a challenge for you. There's a
video on youtube called
23 minutes in hell
by a man named Bill Wiese. Watch
that, then let's talk.

If religion is not a topic of this board back handed slaps on religion shouldn't be either. Yet here this thread is.

I personally think the open attack of Christianity is a good thing. It ignites a discussion of truth and faith that Christians have been scared of starting for 2000 years. I've been a horrible example over the years but everyone has salvation if they only ask for it even myself. I'm trying harder everyday to truly walk a better path as a Christian man, husband, and father. If everyone aspired to do just that our nation and our world would be a much better place. Christians oppose sin but do not call for brutal physical punishments for those who commit them because they thems elves are sinners and view all sin equally. Our media and even many self proclaimed Christians highly distort this equation with un-Christ like behavor. However the question of what Christ like behavior looks like is an excellent topic for discussion as well.

I have a peace of mind now and a confidence in all things that I've never owned before. I grew up in Christianity, baptized at 12, married a Christian woman Yadda yadda yadda.... Just recently (as a grown man) I finally realized all of that means nothing without simply accepting his love and choosing be a better example of that love drawing others to him.

I'm not perfect. Neither is anyone else. I don't say that to feel better about myself. I say it because I know someone here has a void in their life that they are too scared or too ashamed to acknowledge. It's OK. He has already paid your debt and only cares about the love you will share going forward.

Thanks for starting another religion thread. Thanks to anyone who discusses Christianity even those who argue against it. If he weren't real or the one true source of love and strength would we still be talking about him 2000 years later? Based on life needed elements and conditions the probability of life happening on its own on this planet is the Scientific probability of ZERO multiplied by 10 to the 278th power. So start at the scientific probability of zero and add trillions of zeros behind that decimal point. Or, With a 4 foot deep field of quarters that covers the entire state of Texas drop a pencil out of an air plane and that pencil lands standing upright on top of its eraser wile positioned on the only quarter with its face up. Or take the novel Moby dick. Cut every individual letter out of the book. Shake it in a trash bag. Then from 30,000 feet spill the letters and if they all fall perfectly in place (wind and other variables added in) to rewrite the complete book in a singular string of words you have the probability of life.

Science tells us that not only should life not exist but by its own deffiniton of improbability.... it's impossible for us to be here. True Christians aren't scared of Science. Science is the dedicated study of his creation.
This post was edited on 3/30 8:04 AM by BOSSHOGFREE

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:
If religion is not a topic of this board back handed slaps on religion shouldn't be either. Yet here this thread is.

I personally think the open attack of Christianity is a good thing. It ignites a discussion of truth and faith that Christians have been scared of starting for 2000 years. I've been a horrible example over the years but everyone has salvation if they only ask for it even myself. I'm trying harder everyday to truly walk a better path as a Christian man, husband, and father. If everyone aspired to do just that our nation and our world would be a much better place. Christians oppose sin but do not call for brutal physical punishments for those who commit them because they thems elves are sinners and view all sin equally. Our media and even many self proclaimed Christians highly distort this equation with un-Christ like behavor. However the question of what Christ like behavior looks like is an excellent topic for discussion as well.

I have a peace of mind now and a confidence in all things that I've never owned before. I grew up in Christianity, baptized at 12, married a Christian woman Yadda yadda yadda.... Just recently (as a grown man) I finally realized all of that means nothing without simply accepting his love and choosing be a better example of that love drawing others to him.

I'm not perfect. Neither is anyone else. I don't say that to feel better about myself. I say it because I know someone here has a void in their life that they are too scared or too ashamed to acknowledge. It's OK. He has already paid your debt and only cares about the love you will share going forward.

Thanks for starting another religion thread. Thanks to anyone who discusses Christianity even those who argue against it. If he weren't real or the one true source of love and strength would we still be talking about him 2000 years later? Based on life needed elements and conditions the probability of life happening on its own on this planet is the Scientific probability of ZERO multiplied by 10 to the 278th power. So start at the scientific probability of zero and add trillions of zeros behind that. With a 4 foot deep field of quarters that covers the entire state of Texas drop a pencil out of an air plane and that pencil lands standing upright on top of its eraser wile positioned on the only quarter with its face up. Or take the novel Moby dick. Cut every individual letter out of the book. Shake it in a trash bag. Then from 30,000 feet spill the letters and if they all fall perfectly in place (wind and other variables added in) to rewrite the complete book in a singular string of words you have the probability of life.

Science tells us that not only should life not exist but by its own deffiniton of improbability.... it's impossible for us to be here

This post was edited on 3/30 7:42 AM by BOSSHOGFREE
Preach on brother

I opened this thread thinking it would be fun words to express Razorback sentiment.

I guessed wrong.

Originally posted by razorback9455:
I opened this thread thinking it would be fun words to express Razorback sentiment.

I guessed wrong.
Props for your restraint, dude. Seriously.

You can find statistical arguments to support your case no matter what side of it you stand on. While I am a believer in I.D, god sure waited a long time if he put life on this earth in its current form considering Humans have only been on this planet for 200,000 years and the universe is 13.5 billion years old. It just depends on where you believe the mechanism started. I happened to believe it started at the singularity.

Originally posted by WMFC:
I'm offended and am leaving the board....
Posted from Rivals Mobile
roll.r191677.gif
I know right.

Danny was saying to Titan that they were not around to monitor/delete religious/anti religious/politics etc etc. However yet again was he not only around , he posted in one once again lol.

It doesn't bother me either way , it really doesn't. But damn at least come out and say 'this is a christian board and we will allow christian beliefs only' or just ban all religious topics and stick to it.

Like the OP, if that isn't total delusion then I don't know what is lol. It is NOT his job or right to try to persuade somebody who doesn't believe in the first place and never ever will .

I live by high morals and will help anyone out at anytime. I don't lie /cheat/ steal , hell I don't hunt because I can not hurt anything.

So I sure as hell do not need some fool preaching to me for not donating 50% of my wage to some fraud.

I donate a lot to charities like the Red Cross/Salvation Army and also do a lot of work with houses for humanity and the likes.

So I am good with myself and how I approach life TVM.

Well i'll get in BTGB.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

End of story.

I love everybody, even those that would rather see me dead. Those that don't agree I love you too.

Peace and good will to all.

Originally posted by RazorbackDundee:

Originally posted by WMFC:
I'm offended and am leaving the board....

It doesn't bother me either way , it really doesn't. But damn at least come out and say 'this is a christian board and we will allow christian beliefs only' or just ban all religious topics and stick to it.
The hypocrisy of the moderators is underwhelmingly predictable.

I feel really bad for all of the people in 3rd world countries who are going to hell because they'll never have a chance to learn what Christianity is or read a bible. Guess they should've been born in a country tolerant of Christianity or lived somewhere missionaries could reach them to be able to convert them.

Some Christians might too... or they might just come to your place of work and shoot you.

Originally posted by brianflops:

I feel really bad for all of the people in 3rd world countries who are going to hell because they'll never have a chance to learn what Christianity is or read a bible. Guess they should've been born in a country tolerant of Christianity or lived somewhere missionaries could reach them to be able to convert them.
Whilst I most certainly was not born and raised in a "third world Country" and it was "tolerant" of Christianity it also was probably the opposite to here .America = 70% christian 20%others 10% neutral , Australia = 60% neutral 30% Christian 10% other.

We do pretty darn good on the moral standards IMO and sure are not going to any "HELL" if you actually believe what you are saying.

If what you are saying is true then I am 100% toast and it does not matter what I do in life.

cool that just opened up an amazing amount of choices.

Brianflops, if you feel bad enough then there is always the option of you going to these third-world countries and sharing.

If you are using that as example of why there is no God, then that's a very weak argument.

Dundee, if it were works based you would be in great shape. Well except for the part about your righteousness being as a filthy rag.

Thank God for Grace. Try it some time. Dump the religious rhetoric and give grace a chance.

Originally posted by Woodlands_Hog:
Brianflops, if you feel bad enough then there is always the option of you going to these third-world countries and sharing.

If you are using that as example of why there is no God, then that's a very weak argument.

I believe there is a God.

Just putting it out there that if the only way to get to heaven is to be Christian, there's millions and millions of people throughout the world that will never have a chance.

Just putting it out there that if the only way to get to heaven is to be Christian, there's millions and millions of people throughout the world that will never have a chance.
The Great Commission was/is the calling of Christians to go out and teach and win all nations. This is why Christianity sends missionaries throughout the world. As we speak, there are missionaries living with their families in places of poverty, violence, disease, hunger, and war. They do this not for personal rewards, as those rewards are sparce in that line of work, but b/c Jesus called us to do just that. For every missionary, there are lots of everyday folks that support them with donations, prayers, and moral support.

If there are people left out w/o hearing the truth, it is b/c of the failure of man to obey God's instruction. There are surely enough folks on this planet to reach every human, there is just a lack of those who try. That's the thing about God, if you don't want to care, if you don't want to believe, if you don't want to follow His laws, He will let you do just that. If folks leave this world w/o ever hearing about Jesus, that is on the folks who have heard but chose not to care.

Originally posted by rzrbk7777:

The Great Commission was/is the calling of Christians to go out and teach and win all nations. This is why Christianity sends missionaries throughout the world. As we speak, there are missionaries living with their families in places of poverty, violence, disease, hunger, and war. They do this not for personal rewards, as those rewards are sparce in that line of work, but b/c Jesus called us to do just that. For every missionary, there are lots of everyday folks that support them with donations, prayers, and moral support.

If there are people left out w/o hearing the truth, it is b/c of the failure of man to obey God's instruction. There are surely enough folks on this planet to reach every human, there is just a lack of those who try. That's the thing about God, if you don't want to care, if you don't want to believe, if you don't want to follow His laws, He will let you do just that. If folks leave this world w/o ever hearing about Jesus, that is on the folks who have heard but chose not to care.
So how are we supposed to get into North Korea? Or Iran? How are the tribal people living in the Amazon who don't have interactions or the ability to communicate with the outside world supposed to know about Christianity?

Of course there are going to be people who are "left out w/o hearing the truth". It would be absolutely impossible for Christians to reach every human on the planet, and one would be very naïve to even think that possible. So, again, are these people who have never been reached and know nothing about Christianity, or even the fact that it exists, going to hell? That just seems a little but unfair, don't you think?

This post was edited on 3/31 4:35 PM by brianflops

So how are we supposed to get into North Korea? Or Iran? How are the tribal people living in the Amazon who don't have interactions or the ability to communicate with the outside world?

Of course there are going to be people who are "left out w/o hearing the truth". It would be absolutely impossible for Christians to reach every human on the planet, and one would be very naïve to even think that possible. So, again, are these people who have never been reached and know nothing about Christianity, or even the fact that it exists, going to hell?
There are missionaries in China, the Sudan, parts of the old Soviet Union, muslim countries, all over Africa, and lots of other places nobody would ever go on vacation. Many of these missionaries live at great risk in order to do God's work. In many places, they have church services in hidden places. Imagine if everybody just in America supported mission work how many more folks could be reached. God gave us the knowledge and the means to see that nobody fails to hear His word, it is humans who have chose to not believe and it is humans who have closed Him out of places like Iran and North Korea. God allows free will, and a lot of evil people see it as permission to be evil.

God gave the earth to humans along with instructions on how to use it. It is up to us to do what He instructed. If some people get left out b/c nobody told them the truth, it is on us.

And it is not impossible to reach everybody on the planet, but it is unlikely b/c of the vast number of people who HAVE heard the word that choose to disregard it. You can read through this thread and see a number of people who have been around Christianity their whole lives that would do nothing to save souls if they were put right in the middle of a place where nobody had ever heard about God. That is the problem, and it is not God's doing.

So how are we supposed to get into North Korea? Or Iran? How are the tribal people living in the Amazon who don't have interactions or the ability to communicate with the outside world?

Of course there are going to be people who are "left out w/o hearing the truth". It would be absolutely impossible for Christians to reach every human on the planet, and one would be very naïve to even think that possible. So, again, are these people who have never been reached and know nothing about Christianity, or even the fact that it exists, going to hell?
There are missionaries in China, the Sudan, parts of the old Soviet Union, muslim countries, all over Africa, and lots of other places nobody would ever go on vacation. Many of these missionaries live at great risk in order to do God's work. In many places, they have church services in hidden places. Imagine if everybody just in America supported mission work how many more folks could be reached. God gave us the knowledge and the means to see that nobody fails to hear His word, it is humans who have chose to not believe and it is humans who have closed Him out of places like Iran and North Korea. God allows free will, and a lot of evil people see it as permission to be evil.

God gave the earth to humans along with instructions on how to use it. It is up to us to do what He instructed. If some people get left out b/c nobody told them the truth, it is on us.
You're not answering my question. If a person is unable to know Christianity, or that it even exists, will they go to hell? It sounds like you're saying yes they will, because Christians were unable to reach them. How is that those people's fault? Why should they be punished for, by your own words, Christians not being able to reach them?

I understand there are missionaries all over the world. That doesn't change the fact that they will not reach every single human on the planet. Therefore every single person on the planet would not have the choice, opportunity, or freedom to know about Christianity. These people will go to hell because some people are "evil"?

You're not answering my question. If a person is unable to know Christianity, or that it even exists, will they go to hell? It sounds like you're saying yes they will, because Christians were unable to reach them. How is that those people's fault? Why should they be punished for, by your own words, Christians not being able to reach them?

I understand there are missionaries all over the world. That doesn't change the fact that they will not reach every single human on the planet. Therefore every single person on the planet would not have the choice, opportunity, or freedom to know about Christianity. These people will go to hell because some people are "evil"?
I did answer your question, and the answer is yes. I am far from a Biblical scholar, but I do know that we carry not only our sins, but the sins of our fathers. By our fathers, it is talking about the generations before us that allowed folks to have power to remove God from places like Iran and North Korea. It is man who has created false gods, it is man who has demanded that no god be worshipped, and it is man who has chosen a path away from the one true God.

If you are a Christian, you know the basic truth that we all fall short of the sinless life that would be required to get to Heaven if not for the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins. No one is worthy, not even one. In order to rise above our own faults we must believe in Jesus and accept His gift. While it may be unjust that some will never even have the chance to accept or reject God, it is our injustice and not God's that cuts so many off from having a chance to hear the truth.

God gave us free will b/c He wants us to seek him b/c we know who and what He is. It is that free will that has gotten in the way of the Great Commission and it is that free will combined with the evil that comes with it that will cause some to never hear God's word. The sins of the fathers.

Add on question for you.

If Christianity were stifled world wide the way it already is in some places, and nobody was allowed to mention God or Jesus, would you think God should let everybody into Heaven b/c the world had removed Him and thus, nobody had a chance hear the gospel? Should Bin Laden get into Heaven b/c he had the misfortune of growing up in a place where a false religion prevailed and he grew to believe it?

It's a sad deal but as I have already said more than once, it is on us b/c we(mankind) put ourselves where we are. Those of us that had choices and did nothing(or worse, worked against God), are responsible for those that never had a choice.

Dundee, if it were works based you would be in great shape. Well except for the part about your righteousness being as a filthy rag.

Thank God for Grace. Try it some time. Dump the religious rhetoric and give grace a chance.
My point exactly Woodsland.

I live by fairly high morals standards , what gives a person the right to push their beliefs onto someone else whom is obviously not interested?. Is it O.K. for the Muslims to push Allah or Buddhists to push Buddhism to all corners of the globe or one of the other thousand other religions out there now?, they all think their god/religion is the only one the right one.

Wouldn't it just be better to keep your beliefs to yourself on not try to force your will onto someone else?.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT