ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Kaepernick files grievance against NFL owners for collusion

You can’t prove collusion here. When you alienate yourself through your own actions, that’s not collision. That’s just common business sense. Cardinal rule of business is that you don’t hire problems. They’ll only manifest themselves and contaminate your organization also. Owners have seen, assessed and determined they don’t want that cancer to affect their team. They own the team. Their house, their rules apply. Nothing to see here. Pay not attention to the man behind the curtain. Lol

There was an article about a month ago that talked about how the ravens were gonna sign him. Right before they signed him, his girlfriend tweeted out that the ravens owner was racist. Ray Lewis was in his corner trying to get him signed with the ravens until he/his gf pulled that move.

This is exhausting. In my opinions we go to
Sporting events, concerts, etc to get away from politics and the grind of life. And it almost never fails that whoever is performing uses it as a platform for insert xyz cause.

Sure there is social injustices, bad cops, hateful people, etc. There are more than 300 million Americans, we are not all Going to agree.

I personally think you should stand for the flag and national anthem. But that's my opinion as someone who is patriotic. There are others who say that kneeing is the right of the person. I'm not posting to argue either side.

I'm just simply posting to say I'm tired of it, and because of all this I have turned off the NFL games.

Last year CK said he realized his actions would affect his employment, but obviously he didn't think it would matter. Now that he realizes it is going to probably end his career he wants to sue the owners. I believe employers have the right to hire and fire who they wish based on who fits their program/business.

Until you see yourself as equal, you will never be equal. When rules and exceptions have to constantly be created to make you equal then you're never going to be equal. I know this comment may be "out there"'for some of you, and for those that want to argue it are missing the point.

Honestly not trying to be political, just over the politics.

I have thought a lot about this, is Colin Kaepernick really the guy to lead the fight for discrimination? He was raised in a home with white parents, a star athlete from childhood. Has he ever experienced racism? I doubt that he has, he has lived what most would consider a dream life. This would be like a male leading the fight for women's rights back in the day. How much does he actually understand about racism? I believe him to be an attention seeker who made his stand at the worst possible time. I believe racism exists, I believe reverse racism also exists. Kaepernick could have done a lot of good things with his position to help unite people he instead chose to tap on the wedge that is in this country. In my opinion

I have thought a lot about this, is Colin Kaepernick really the guy to lead the fight for discrimination? He was raised in a home with white parents, a star athlete from childhood. Has he ever experienced racism? I doubt that he has, he has lived what most would consider a dream life. This would be like a male leading the fight for women's rights back in the day. How much does he actually understand about racism? I believe him to be an attention seeker who made his stand at the worst possible time. I believe racism exists, I believe reverse racism also exists. Kaepernick could have done a lot of good things with his position to help unite people he instead chose to tap on the wedge that is in this country. In my opinion

Well said

Never have understood the term reverse racism. Racism is racism, whether it be towards a minority faction or majority doesnt matter

Reactions: Ole Hambone
Never have understood the term reverse racism. Racism is racism, whether it be towards a minority faction or majority doesnt matter
Just let the man's post stand for what it is. There is no need to correct him. Reverse racism/reverse discrimination is a correct term for describing racism perpetuated by minorities and/or affirmative action.

That word gets thrown around too loosely. You can be a racist for just about anything these days.

Just let the man's post stand for what it is. There is no need to correct him. Reverse racism/reverse discrimination is a correct term for describing racism perpetuated by minorities and/or affirmative action.
Im beginning to think you have a problem with me

You actually typed these words, with a straight face? "Has he ever experienced racism? I doubt he has, he has lived what most would consider a dream life"

1. How would you know? (You don't)
2. If you are a successful minority, you don't face racism?

Try again

It's ok whoever was trying to correct me I have ignored. Their superiority was more than I could take in the past. Or they could just be a clown.

Reactions: RazorbackForever
Racism is discriminating based on skin color or race, so what would the reverse of that be? Thats why the term makes no sense, but carry on with the stalking

Great, I hope he gets paid a massive amount. I'm totally on board with what he is fighting. Holding my fist in the sky for Kaepernick!

Yup, right there with you. If the convicted criminals and abusers of women can work in the NFL then there is a place for Colin. MLK would be proud!

Reactions: qteezy
You actually typed these words, with a straight face? "Has he ever experienced racism? I doubt he has, he has lived what most would consider a dream life"

1. How would you know? (You don't)
2. If you are a successful minority, you don't face racism?

Try again

I know how star athletes are placed on a pedestal. I know he has been one since a child. I clearly stated that was my opinion, ironically after your words of wisdom my opinion remains the same.

AKA, I'm a white dude with an inferiority complex and need to feel opressed.

Yup, right there with you. If the convicted criminals and abusers of women can work in the NFL then there is a place for Colin. MLK would be proud!
Exactly! I just don't understand the passion for Kap's protest but the silence on the issues that he is protesting.

Reactions: Woodshed 1914
Not bad ones , for sure. Nobody deserves to play in the NFL. Everyone deserves to work and support their families

Kaepernick is obviously not a bad QB relative to other ones in the league. Based on merit, he should clearly be in the league.

Kaepernick is obviously not a bad QB relative to other ones in the league. Based on merit, he should clearly be in the league.
He disqualified himself with some ignorant protests that got him blacklisted. He made his choices, now the owners are making theirs. It would be bad for business for anyone to hire him at this point.

Reactions: Joe Thornton
He would make someone a good backup, but he wouldnt accept that position. There are a few teams he could probaly start for, unfortunately for him being a qb for an NFL team carries a responsibility that isnt all on the field

Reactions: Joe Thornton
He would make someone a good backup, but he wouldnt accept that position. There are a few teams he could probaly start for, unfortunately for him being a qb for an NFL team carries a responsibility that isnt all on the field

That isn't true

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT