ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Kaepernick files grievance against NFL owners for collusion

I have thought a lot about this, is Colin Kaepernick really the guy to lead the fight for discrimination? He was raised in a home with white parents, a star athlete from childhood. Has he ever experienced racism? I doubt that he has, he has lived what most would consider a dream life. This would be like a male leading the fight for women's rights back in the day. How much does he actually understand about racism? I believe him to be an attention seeker who made his stand at the worst possible time. I believe racism exists, I believe reverse racism also exists. Kaepernick could have done a lot of good things with his position to help unite people he instead chose to tap on the wedge that is in this country. In my opinion
Your comment sir is a big part of the underlying problem in this country. Why do you assume social status exempts you from racism or discrimination, at the end of the day a racist doesn't care how much money you have or how you grew up. He used his platform and instead of people taking the time to learn what he was doing all they did was turn it political and try to crucify him. How about we all take off our blinders and set aside our hate, then truly try to understand where this man is coming from.

Yup, right there with you. If the convicted criminals and abusers of women can work in the NFL then there is a place for Colin. MLK would be proud!
But if the Owners do not want to hire him, who has the right to make them? Why don't we throw out all of our free market values and take away the rights of all business owners?

Reactions: Joe Thornton
You actually typed these words, with a straight face? "Has he ever experienced racism? I doubt he has, he has lived what most would consider a dream life"

1. How would you know? (You don't)
2. If you are a successful minority, you don't face racism?

Try again

1. How DO YOU KNOW he doesn't know? You don't.

2. You idiotically assume that anybody that is not "majority" must be victims of racism? How the crap could you possibly know that? You are simply spewing PC crap you have no way of knowing.

3. Every time I read one of your posts or see your gifs, I immediately think of Jeff Spiccoli from Fast times at Ridgemont High. Mentally. you are the same guy.

But if the Owners do not want to hire him, who has the right to make them? Why don't we throw out all of our free market values and take away the rights of all business owners?

Nobody has the right to make them, but if they colluded to "blacklist" him then he has a case.

This man you speak of is a punk that is doing nothing but causing trouble. He did it purely for personal gain and when he was called out for that, he donated a little bit of money to some charity. Now his self-serving maneuver has gotten him exactly where he deserves to be... unemployed

He's donated a million dollars. What a punk.

This man you speak of is a punk that is doing nothing but causing trouble. He did it purely for personal gain and when he was called out for that, he donated a little bit of money to some charity. Now his self-serving maneuver has gotten him exactly where he deserves to be... unemployed

incredulous.gif

Well before we get to that lets first discuss why you amongst others want to exclude Kaep and others from their 1st amendment right.

Reactions: qteezy
Your comment sir is a big part of the underlying problem in this country. Why do you assume social status exempts you from racism or discrimination, at the end of the day a racist doesn't care how much money you have or how you grew up. He used his platform and instead of people taking the time to learn what he was doing all they did was turn it political and try to crucify him. How about we all take off our blinders and set aside our hate, then truly try to understand where this man is coming from.

We're not talking about a engineer, or accountant here. I do not think your bank account makes you exempt from racism. If you believe star athletes do not receive preferential treatment you sir are probably wearing blinders.

Reactions: RazorbackForever
Well before we get to that lets first discuss why you amongst others want to exclude Kaep and others from their 1st amendment right.
1st amendment rights dont protect you from consequences of your speech. If i call my boss a douchebag in my meeting tomorrow (which i would very much like to do, i think he may be this razorbackforever guy) my rights wouldnt protect me from being fired.

Reactions: JPB64
These threads bring out the deep thinkers and intellectuals on this board. Always enlightening.

Reactions: Lefty8

If you call a million dollars a little money then let's talk business sometime. I don't know him so I won't call him a punk, I don't know the intent of his heart or if God is using him. I am rather choosing to use the debate his actions have caused for good. Try using this time to reach out to other races and just listen instead of showing hate or ignorance. Whether he is genuine or not his words carry a lot of truth.

Maybe you are the one with blinders on? I don't have a racist bone in my body or any hate in my heart, but I bet you assume so because I am totally against anybody kneeling during the anthem. I feel it is very disrespectful and not the right time to do it. Of course they have the right and Owners have the right not to employee a person who takes controversial stands on issues that cost them $. I can't believe this actually has to be explained to people.

1st amendment rights dont protect you from consequences of your speech. If i call my boss a douchebag in my meeting tomorrow (which i would very much like to do, i think he may be this razorbackforever guy) my rights wouldnt protect me from being fired.
So if your religion prevents you from standing for the anthem, would you lose your job or would your rights be protected? Try looking at this realistically instead of with blinders.

Reactions: Woodshed 1914

Prime example of a false equivalency. You're smarter than that.

1. How DO YOU KNOW he doesn't know? You don't.

2. You idiotically assume that anybody that is not "majority" must be victims of racism? How the crap could you possibly know that? You are simply spewing PC crap you have no way of knowing.

3. Every time I read one of your posts or see your gifs, I immediately think of Jeff Spiccoli from Fast times at Ridgemont High. Mentally. you are the same guy.
giphy.gif

That is a junior high school response man! Nobody is saying he can't kneel or should be arrested for it. I'm just saying he is wrong in doing that and totally misguided. And the Owners have the right to not hire a divider of the fanbase. I'm guessing a lot of you posters that are against the Owners have never owned your own business.

Nobody has the right to make them, but if they colluded to "blacklist" him then he has a case.
I seriously doubt they "colluded" to not hire him. Collusion happens to control prices and create monopolies. All these Owners know that hiring this clown would hurt their bottom line.

That is a junior high school response man! Nobody is saying he can't kneel or should be arrested for it. I'm just saying he is wrong in doing that and totally misguided. And the Owners have the right to not hire a divider of the fanbase. I'm guessing a lot of you posters that are against the Owners have never owned your own business.

Somebody watches too much Fox news. Where was your patriotism when swastika flags were flying high in Charlottesville? I don't remember one single post from you on the matter. So if its selective, is it truly patriotism? Or is it agenda driven garbage that cloaks your disdain for people that look like Colin and I.

Somebody watches too much Fox news. Where was your patriotism when swastika flags were flying high in Charlottesville? I don't remember one single post from you on the matter. So if its selective, is it truly patriotism? Or is it agenda driven garbage that cloaks your disdain for people that look like Colin and I.
I might not have posted on it but I will now. I think those white supremacist idiots have the right to protest, but I hate them more than any of these kneelers and hope they disappear from society quickly. And I promise you I have no disdain for any people based on the color of their skin. I just don't think protesting DURING the Anthem is appropriate. Agree to disagree on this issue

Only someone that hates America would want to deny a citizen of their 1st Amendment rights.
Almost everyone agrees people have the right to protest legally if they choose. However, to think anyone can do any anything they want anywhere they want is nonsense. These players kneeling at their place of employment for the anthem is hurting their employer financially. Employers have the right to tell them to stop it if they choose. In addition, while citizens do have the right to protest, sometimes there are consequences associated with those actions. Most Libs seem to want to be exempted from those consequences. Kap, as some call him, is a case in point.

Reactions: RazorbackForever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT