ADVERTISEMENT

See last night's TV report on Colorado and Pot?

Originally posted by razrback5:

Thought it was pretty clear. I'm saying that any responsible parent already keeps their children away from these things. I don't believe anyone has the right to tell others what they can/can't put into their own body- and that reason alone should be enough to justify legalization. But that's not the only reasonable justification. There's also the tax revenue argument and the hit that the cartel/street gangs would take with their market taken from them.

I threw in the last bit to let people know that I'm not some left-wing nut, either. I'm extremely fiscally conservative and pro-gun. I just believe if you want real freedom in this country, we should stop trying to legislate human nature.
I thought you were being sarcastic originally.

Guess not.
Just saw this. Why would you think I'm being sarcastic?

Re: CNN 9 Central Tonight

Originally posted by mtsuhog85:
Dont get me started on the prescribed drugs. If medical mj is a true fix let it loose, but adhd for example. Take a drug to cure adhd, take a drug to get hungry, then take a drug to go to bed. Doctors and drug companies are hitting the jackpot with that problem.

Wife is a pt and she has to deal with some of the pill seekers. Those people....
I'm not really disagreeing with you, but why do you care.

I have a couple of different bosses who were taking Xanax constantly, ambian to sleep, concerta to work. And pot for weekends.

Not my lifestyle, but it certainly didn't effect me or make me want to get their doctor arrested.

It's like homeschooling your kids...

I kind of think its awful to tell a 10 year old that the world is 6000 years old, but if that's the life people want to live than whatever,

As long as it isn't hurting me or my family then who cares?

Originally posted by Hogswell Hogs:

Thought it was pretty clear. I'm saying that any responsible parent already keeps their children away from these things. I don't believe anyone has the right to tell others what they can/can't put into their own body- and that reason alone should be enough to justify legalization. But that's not the only reasonable justification. There's also the tax revenue argument and the hit that the cartel/street gangs would take with their market taken from them.

I threw in the last bit to let people know that I'm not some left-wing nut, either. I'm extremely fiscally conservative and pro-gun. I just believe if you want real freedom in this country, we should stop trying to legislate human nature.

Guess not.
Because you suggested we should legalize all drugs. Which is absurd and asinine.

Originally posted by WhiskeyDrunk:
I will be watching. I hope they legalize it completely so I can run circles around all the stoners in my industry while making more money investing in the companies that profit from marijuana sales. Survival of the fittest. Laziness sounds like a personal problem to me. Prayers sent.
Sativa vs Indica Whiskey

Last time I smoked Sativa I finalized 2 months of accounting and retiled a bathroom. While jamming out to Dave Brubeck.

I will be watching. I hope they legalize it completely so I can run circles around all the stoners in my industry while making more money investing in the companies that profit from marijuana sales. Survival of the fittest. Laziness sounds like a personal problem to me. Prayers sent.
happy0003.r191677.gif

Whiskey you need to go get you a stiff drink, get shitfaced drunk and make a fool of yourself. When you liver shuts down at age 50 I bet you think differently I guess someone else can spend allll that money you be making.

After reading through this thread, you can add irritability to the long list of dangerous side effects. Seriously side effects is the key word. Not everyone reacts to a drug the same. There's so much bull crap out there on this issue from both sides it's impossible to sift through it all.

Guess not.
Because you suggested we should legalize all drugs. Which is absurd and asinine.
Because the war on drugs is going so well.

Drugs didn't used to be illegal. But in the span of a few generations, prohibition has become the "moral" stance, no matter how ineffective it really is.

And I still can't bring myself to think that I should get to decide what someone else puts into their body.

why not?? Country is going to hell anyway.

Originally posted by jhskiier:

Sativa vs Indica Whiskey

Last time I smoked Sativa I finalized 2 months of accounting and retiled a bathroom. While jamming out to Dave Brubeck.
1 Sativa hit and my whole house is clean in less than an hour....My lunch is made for the next day...and I walked the dogs for a good 45 min. If my gf comes home in-between that time, I double my average time and leave a smile on her face. So 5 min......
happy0009.r191677.gif

And I still can't bring myself to think that I should get to decide what someone else puts into their body.

Originally posted by razorback1037:
Anyone that thinks the legalization of marijuana will cause a "widespread pickup" in crime is fooling themselves.
Bingo.

More like..massive increase in tax revenues when more states adopt.

"Your industry"?? Investing in companies where? Arkansas? It's more like "THEIR" (MJ) industry; and the cats I know selling hydroponic supplies... KNOW what they are selling and how their product helps the industry--- imho would be tough to "run circles" around someone knowing their "industry" better than you might

no flame.. jmho

Lots of potheads itt. I think I need to meet up with a couple of y'all before our next "bowl" game.
smokin.r191677.gif

And I definitely need to get some of that Sativa that Penthouse is talking about...I might make it 7 minutes!
roll.r191677.gif

Sativa just makes me jittery. Love indica.

or is liberal and watches the grap on CNN which I am sure will look at Pot with a clear mind!
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by hogminer:

Originally posted by John Rogers:
"A widespread pickup in crime is just ahead"

The TV reported this or you are predicting this? Curious. What evidence backs up that statement?

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Crime will decrease IMO. Just a matter of time before its legal everywhere in the US except Arkansas.
And Georgia. I don't see it being legal here anytime in the near future. Georgians that don't want their $$$ to line the pockets of Big Pharma will have to drive a state over just to get some physical relief for a plethora of medical conditions that pot is supposed to help.

Meanwhile, beer, wine, and liquor is legal. To my knowledge, it's not helping to relieve the pain or nausea (etc) associated with any medical condition like cancer, MS, or any painful disease--even diabetic neuropathy.

This post was edited on 3/11 4:21 PM by Pigasus22

Lol, wow. You may want to look a little closer at who you work with before you make that prediction. You are most likely working with a good amount already. Unless of course, you work with very few people.

Its no different than a lazy alcoholic. I am dead for two days if I get proper drunk. Things affect everyone differently.

MJ is no bad drug. It is only people who can't control themselves who chooose to make it a bad thing in their lives. same goes for booze or any prescription drug.

I know many, many people who are way, way, way, above the average tax bracket who use it daily.

So, in short, good luck with that theory.

I know there may be uses as a drug, but I have seen, on many occasions, first hand how lazy and useless it makes you as a person.
Lazy or content? Weed makes you content (happy with your current state) so there is a correlation, but are you going to hate on him because he's doing what makes him happy? Or because your not happy with what makes him happy? Regardless, weed isn't going to turn a go getter into a lazy ass. If you have ambition it doesn't matter. Plenty of very successful people use weed and have done successful things while using weed. Now if he just sits on his ass all day and never does a thing with his life thats on him, blame it on whatever makes you happy though.

Originally posted by afritts:
After reading through this thread, you can add irritability to the long list of dangerous side effects. Seriously side effects is the key word. Not everyone reacts to a drug the same. There's so much bull crap out there on this issue from both sides it's impossible to sift through it all.
Side effects of medical marijuana compared to prescription painkillers? Go read up and come back and discuss.

Originally posted by floridahog:

Side effects of medical marijuana compared to prescription painkillers? Go read up and come back and discuss.
It is possible that the irritability you speak of is a side effect of one person infringing on another persons freedoms. Please keep in mind that you are telling complete strangers what they can and cannot do. Kinda F'd up.....

Originally posted by Eight three:
"Your industry"?? Investing in companies where? Arkansas? It's more like "THEIR" (MJ) industry; and the cats I know selling hydroponic supplies... KNOW what they are selling and how their product helps the industry--- imho would be tough to "run circles" around someone knowing their "industry" better than you might

no flame.. jmho
Didn't mean to lead on like I was getting into the MJ biz. It was half a joke about the sales people I compete against. I think I put 3 different thoughts into one paragraph. Sorry for the confusion. I have zero problem with MJ and hope all the pot stocks take off like a rocket.

Originally posted by Penthouse65:

Originally posted by floridahog:

It is possible that the irritability you speak of is a side effect of one person infringing on another persons freedoms. Please keep in mind that you are telling complete strangers what they can and cannot do. Kinda F'd up.....
Way too simple but I think you nailed most of the causes for problems America right there Penthouse.

Narrowmindedness, Selfishness, etc.... " I want what I want and I'm not listening to your reasoning bc I know what is right for a fact jack"

Truthfully, legalizing pot is the least of our problems. If you only knew what is in the food we're all consuming right now, you would shit a brick. (Pardon my "French")

This post was edited on 3/11 4:38 PM by Pigasus22

Call me what you want. When it comes up in the state I live in, im voting no. I know how it affects people. They don't coin the term "pothead" for nothing.
Fair enough...but you seem to still group everyone into one category. Think about that as you sip a cold one later...

Originally posted by Pigasus22:
Truthfully, legalizing pot is the least of our problems. If you only knew what is in the food we're all consuming right now, you would shit a brick. (Pardon my "French")

don't recall being picky about what I was ingesting during my 'chronic' daze..........

I'm ingesting a 'Nutriblast' green slime smoothie every morning.................trying to turn the corner to
health, but it is a much bigger battle than giving up the tobacco and ganja weeds.........sigh

Call me what you want. When it comes up in the state I live in, im voting no. I know how it affects people. They don't coin the term "pothead" for nothing.

Are you for prohibition of alcohol as well? I'm pretty sure it affects people adversely, yet still legal. What about oxycontin? It's legal with a prescription and has killed many, many more people than marijuana.

As a side note, if I am suffering from an incurable disease, who is anyone to tell me what I can and cannot take...marijuna, heroin, whatever.

I don't think there is a single legitimate argument for making marijuana illegal for medical purposes and, in truth, I dont' think there are many legit arguments for it being illegal for recreational use.

If we start prohibiting everything that makes people lazy then we should prepare for the gov't to start seizing our LCD televisions....and the Edge should be prepared to be shut down...hell, eating lunch after 1:30 will be a crime against humanity because I know I can't get sh*t done when I eat a late lunch.

Originally posted by Eight three:

no flame.. jmho
Didn't mean to lead on like I was getting into the MJ biz. It was half a joke about the sales people I compete against. I think I put 3 different thoughts into one paragraph. Sorry for the confusion. I have zero problem with MJ and hope all the pot stocks take off like a rocket.
New to this board, Whiskey.. and understand your half joke........ bottom line:

You get stopped by the police; if drunk, by the time the cop asks you for your license, you are STILL drunk.... MJ, on the other hand--seeing red lights is like eating a pizza in 35 seconds---straighter than an arrow by the time he asks for your ID

Of course.. this is something "I heard"
wink.r191677.gif

I know there may be uses as a drug, but I have seen, on many occasions, first hand how lazy and useless it makes you as a person.
That's true of alcohol,all pain killers & all anti-depressants. The issue isn't whether marijuana can be abused & be harmful. We all know it can be. The issue is what is the best way to deal with it. Seems to me legalization is much better than the fruitless war on drugs we've had for 40 years. I don't like the way it is being legalized. By that I don't like the idea of it becoming a marketed, promoted substance. I'd prefer the state monopolize dispensing it, but that's another issue altogether.

Originally posted by Pigasus22:

Processed foods are bad for you. 75% of the processed foods have GMO ingredients. Grow your own, cannibas or food it's the only way to know what you are putting in your body.

You'll get no argument from me about the pain killers. My comment was simply to those who don't think depression or lack of motivation could be a side effect to some. Btw I'm for its medical use , but on the fence recreationally.

Now watch it mtsu......you might start making way to much sense here! If they make it legal they better tax the shi_ out of it to cover all the additional expense it is going to take in indirect cost of the stuff.

You'll get no argument from me about the pain killers. My comment was simply to those who don't think depression or lack of motivation could be a side effect to some. Btw I'm for its medical use , but on the fence recreationally.
Fair enough, and me personally I think the medical marijuana is a must.

Originally posted by GoHogs3:
Now watch it mtsu......you might start making way to much sense here! If they make it legal they better tax the shi_ out of it to cover all the additional expense it is going to take in indirect cost of the stuff.
Colorado has am 11% and 6% and 3% tax on it. That is taxing the sh%t out of it.

For starters...the meat we eat.

http://www.psr.org/chapters/oregon/safe-food/industrial-meat-system.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/12/14/the-fda-is-cracking-down-on-antibiotics-at-farms-heres-what-you-should-know/

http://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/threat-report-2013/pdf/ar-threats-2013-508.pdf

The GMO seeds are grown for crops to feed the animals--- the animals that we all EAT for dinner. This map should explain a lot. Oh, and notice who owns some pharmaceutical companies to help us get all better just in case we get sick from ingesting anything.
The site:
http://www.cornucopia.org/

THE MAP-----the seed (feed) companies and who owns what (A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words)

http://www.cornucopia.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/seedindustry.jpg

Within 5 years 3/4 of the state of CA will be prescriped Medical MJ and the cost to the state will never cover its cost to tax payers. But, I quess that is the case for 95% in that they will not have to pay for their drug of choice. If MJ is going to become legal than it should not be a medical drug and covered by insurance. People drink a shot of Whiskey to help with pain and they pay full price and the tax on it as well.

This is referenced pretty often, but if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and read:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/portugal-drug-decriminalization/

Obviously, it's a different country with a different culture, but intriguing nonetheless.
I read it , annnnddddddd what?. They catch someone using drugs and a panel decides if they get a small fine/go to a recovery clinic (which in the states would cost billions and billions of dollars) . They just don't go to jail.

However the growers/dealers etc do still go to jail and it is still against the law.

So your crack smoking 10 Y/O will get put in a rehab center instead of going to juvy, WTG sir.Good luck paying that off lol.

I just watched a show on T.V. about it and one of their high ranking law enforcement guys said "The people that are already using are pretty much a lost cause anyway , we have just taken away the fear of prosecution so we can get the big fish in jail","we have turned around some peoples lives and got them help , although that does not happen very often as we will see them back out there in a week or two but above all else we lock up the people growing and dealing".

Great link Hogswell lol.

How may kids do you know that had very responsible parents but still had a beer/cigarette before the legal age? .
Have a good night.
This post was edited on 3/11 5:30 PM by RazorbackDundee

Coming back around to the legalization issue.

I think people confuse it with, ok I love pot and you should too.

I don't drink much, because if I have just a bit to much Im liable to be an incorrigible prick, though of the benign variety. Which is hilarious (apparently) if you know me, but has gotten me into more than a couple dust ups over the years.

As an aside, Ive found the trick is to let the other guy punch you in the face, and in the great non-violent tradition, remind him that he is now on the hook for simple battery and then repeat whatever awful thing you said to get yourself punched in the first place.

But back to legalization,

If we stipulate that all these criticisms of Marijuana are occasionally true. It still seems that the amount of resources dedicated to prohibition.... Police resources, prison costs, court costs.... etc. are wasted, because they aren't achieving any of the desired benefits, and just represent an additional cost.

Medically, it has benefits, but I don't think people are nuts for being skeptical about claims that pot is a panacea for all the worlds ills. But regardless of how you feel about it, its going to be available either way, like booze was during prohibition, as is evident from those of you relating negative stories about it effects... ITS AROUND. So it just seems logical to stop spending the money on what is fundamentally a fantasy, making it unavailable.

If you think its inadvisable for some people to use it, you are probably right in some cases, maybe even a bunch, but somebody explain to me how that problem dictates the current solution we have in place.

Now somebody might respond that the same argument can be made for any drug, and your right.

CATO Institute- WHERE MY CONSERVATIVES AT!?!?!?

Where itt did any "lib" try to infringe on your free speech? Not agreeing with you does not rise to that level. By the by I am a social liberal and a fiscal conservative. Too many assumptions made by many itt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT