ADVERTISEMENT

Sergio really needs to Shut Up

I will say anyone making fun of someone for eating Watermelon, Chicken, Ribs, or BBQ is retarded bc that $hit is awesome. And if you don't like that there isn't something wrong with them there's something wrong with you!

Sorry I digress, I understand completely gbbaber and I'm with you 100% I just had to add in no matter what people say it is funny that certain people like certain foods I'm not being mean it's just funny. You shouldn't use that to make fun of a person or their ethnic back ground at all.

wow just freaking wow. I could understand some of these posts if he truly meant it as a racial slur but last time I checked (true I have only lived in Louisiana) everyone eats freaking eats it in the South, Blacks/Whites/Latino.

I am sure he wouldn't have given two shits if someone asked him if he was going to serve Pincho for a meal. I don't even like the guy at all but this is just BS IMO.

If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me if I was going put some shrimp on the barbie ,and countless other things I would be a rich freaking man. I would slap someone senseless from home if that was offensive to them in anyway whatsoever.

To the guy that said the jokes on BET about white people are actually a great thing and whites should be proud of it and their culture (basically), I say yes to it and maybe others should try to do similar.

This world is just so out of whack at the moment with all the PC it is out of control.

Just this morning I got a coffee on the way to work and the lady said "your early today, did you ride your fast Kangaroo?" lol .

Should that or should that not be considered racist or sterotypical hence forbidden to say?.

Originally posted by RazorbackDundee:
wow just freaking wow. I could understand some of these posts if he truly meant it as a racial slur but last time I checked (true I have only lived in Louisiana) everyone eats freaking eats it in the South, Blacks/Whites/Latino.

I am sure he wouldn't have given two shits if someone asked him if he was going to serve Pincho for a meal. I don't even like the guy at all but this is just BS IMO.

If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me if I was going put some shrimp on the barbie ,and countless other things I would be a rich freaking man. I would slap someone senseless from home if that was offensive to them in anyway whatsoever.

To the guy that said the jokes on BET about white people are actually a great thing and whites should be proud of it and their culture (basically), I say yes to it and maybe others should try to do similar.

This world is just so out of whack at the moment with all the PC it is out of control.

Just this morning I got a coffee on the way to work and the lady said "your early today, did you ride your fast Kangaroo?" lol .

Should that or should that not be considered racist or sterotypical hence forbidden to say?.
Dundee shut up and get back to the Outback Steakhouse you run, and drink a Fosters while you're at it mate
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by LaHoggaNostra:

Dundee shut up and get back to the Outback Steakhouse you run, and drink a Fosters while you're at it mate
3dgrin.r191677.gif
lol I hate Fosters. It is actually a bloody Kiwi (New Zealand) beer, so that stereotypical "Australian for beer" crap should be considered racist correct? .

I am totally joking around here lol (not about Fosters being a Beer from New Zealand, as it is) , I just find it somewhat ridiculous all the hoo haa about nothing at all.

The even funnier thing is I totally think Sergio is a whining little bitch that should have his card yanked because he is just annoying lol.

Originally posted by LaHoggaNostra:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
lol I hate Fosters. It is actually a bloody Kiwi (New Zealand) beer, so that stereotypical "Australian for beer" crap should be considered racist correct? .

I am totally joking around here lol (not about Fosters being a Beer from New Zealand, as it is) , I just find it somewhat ridiculous all the hoo haa about nothing at all.

The even funnier thing is I totally think Sergio is a whining little bitch that should have his card yanked because he is just annoying lol.
I agree ,Dundee, about everything you just said. It is all overplayed. Personally I will eat a shrimp on the barbie all day every day. Yep Sergio is a little beeyotche fo sho

Originally posted by gbbaber:

Originally posted by hogatexan:

Okay I get why most believe that what Serg and Fuzzy said was racial... but let's think about this for a sec....

People are making fun of what other people eat.... is that in itself racial? When, as a society, did everyone become SO sensitive that we can not make or poke fun at what someone eats? Is it a racial slur to laugh at Wang Chow because he likes egg rolls? What if Tiger was white and Serg inserted hot dogs and apple pie where fried chicken was? Would that have been acceptable? People make fun of what I eat and I don't take offense because I am a cracker... I have friends of all ethnic backgrounds and we all make fun of each other and I guarantee none of us are either racist or bigots...

Is it just the context in which it was used? If Serg was black would it have been a big deal? I do not like Serg in the least so I am not taking his side in this but it is not like he called him names or anything... I agree he does need to shut up and be a grown up... I just think our society has gotten a little too sensitive maybe... maybe I am wrong?

This post was edited on 5/22 2:46 PM by hogatexan
Okay. Saying "Wang Chow" for a random Chinese person is racially insensitive. So the idea that you think that's OK to throw that out there tells us most of what we need to know about your understanding of the subject. It's not about talking about what people eat. It's about stereotyping groups of people.

It's funny how white people always get so up at arms when someone takes offense to a racist comment. "You can call me a cracker, I don't care." You also didn't spend the history of this continent being oppressed. You also haven't been belittled for the color of your skin or laughed at for your customs. "Look at me, the poor white man, always getting the short end of the stick." Ha!

And drop the "I've got friends of all ethnic backgrounds line." No, you don't. And you don't sit around a fire with your black, Mexican, and Chinese friend and tell racist jokes. Nobody believes that.

This post was edited on 5/22 2:56 PM by gbbaber
I don't give a shit what you believe or don't believe... you are the one that is all fired up over this not me... you just keep proving my point about being overly sensitive... I do not have to prove shit to you... just because you are not white does not mean you are the only person or group of people that has suffered any kind of discrimination, give me a break with that crap... there is discrimination all over the place and I have had my share of it throughout my life too but I don't go around all angry and wanting to pick fights because of it... Nor do I call people liars either... Who said anything about racist jokes? And, yes, I do have all kinds of different ethnic friends... they are just not angry and uptight like some I know...

Life is too short...
I'm not really fired up over it. It's a tired old argument. Something racist gets said or done, a bunch of 45+ white men get upset that anyone thinks it's racist, then before you know it everybody has a best friend who is black and who isn't sensitive at all. Believe it or not, you're not the first person to go through that progression.

You don't care what I believe, fine. But why did you try to justify your stance? If you don't care what I or anyone else believes, why say anything on the subject at all? Why start talking about not having to prove stuff? If that isn't the point, then what is?

Do you honestly think that as a white person you've faced the same type of discrimination in this country as a typical non-white person? Seriously? I can't imagine that you really feel that way, so once again I'm lost as to the point you are trying to make.

You don't have to be racially sensitive. You can be as racist as you want. That's the great thing about this country, we get to believe what we want to believe. But with that sort of outlook you're going to have people take exception, so if you want to talk about it you have to realize that everyone's not going to agree with you. Racism, insensitivity, stereotyping...that's not really the direction we're going to be taking as a society. Sorry.
First of all, don't assume that you know me, know who I hang out with or who my friends are...or that I am a 45+ white male. Also, don't presume that I am "a typical white person". Is that not an insensitive racial remark? What does that even mean?

I believe that what Serg said was in fact an insensitive racial remark. Whether he meant it or not. I also believe that people make comments that are not racial in tone but are taken that way by overly sensitive people. That was my point.

I asked a simple question with a simple explanation as to why I was asking. I got from you that I was lying about who my friends are, that I couldn't possibly have been discriminated against more that you or other non-white people and that I'm a racist, just for asking the question. You stopped reading after Wang.

Are you so short sighted to think that you, as non-white person, are the only group of people that gets discriminated against?
Or that has some bigot try to beat the crap out of you? This is not some pissing contest to see whom has been discriminated against the most. You act as if, just gathering from what you've written, that discrimination and bigotry are reserved only for non-white people. Nobody could ever possibility be more discriminated against than you, or other non-white people. Which is laughable at best.

I certainly do not need to come on a sports message board and tell my life history just to prove to someone that I'm not lying about being discriminated against. That is one reason that I don't care what you think, that wasn't the point. It's truly laughable that someone could be considered a racist simply for asking other peoples opinions about our society becoming overly sensitive. Try not being so defensive, taking a step back, and look in the mirror.

I did not resort to name calling. You did that all on your own. Sorry you feel the way you do...you could not be any further from the truth.

Sorry to everyone else for the rant. I felt I had to defend myself. I do think Sergio is an ass...Carry on.
This post was edited on 5/22 9:30 PM by hogatexan

Okay I get why most believe that what Serg and Fuzzy said was racial... but let's think about this for a sec....

People are making fun of what other people eat.... is that in itself racial? When, as a society, did everyone become SO sensitive that we can not make or poke fun at what someone eats? Is it a racial slur to laugh at Wang Chow because he likes egg rolls? What if Tiger was white and Serg inserted hot dogs and apple pie where fried chicken was? Would that have been acceptable? People make fun of what I eat and I don't take offense because I am a cracker... I have friends of all ethnic backgrounds and we all make fun of each other and I guarantee none of us are either racist or bigots...

Is it just the context in which it was used? If Serg was black would it have been a big deal? I do not like Serg in the least so I am not taking his side in this but it is not like he called him names or anything... I agree he does need to shut up and be a grown up... I just think our society has gotten a little too sensitive maybe... maybe I am wrong?

Okay. Saying "Wang Chow" for a random Chinese person is racially insensitive. So the idea that you think that's OK to throw that out there tells us most of what we need to know about your understanding of the subject. It's not about talking about what people eat. It's about stereotyping groups of people.

It's funny how white people always get so up at arms when someone takes offense to a racist comment. "You can call me a cracker, I don't care." You also didn't spend the history of this continent being oppressed. You also haven't been belittled for the color of your skin or laughed at for your customs. "Look at me, the poor white man, always getting the short end of the stick." Ha!

And drop the "I've got friends of all ethnic backgrounds line." No, you don't. And you don't sit around a fire with your black, Mexican, and Chinese friend and tell racist jokes. Nobody believes that.

I don't give a shit what you believe or don't believe... you are the one that is all fired up over this not me... you just keep proving my point about being overly sensitive... I do not have to prove shit to you... just because you are not white does not mean you are the only person or group of people that has suffered any kind of discrimination, give me a break with that crap... there is discrimination all over the place and I have had my share of it throughout my life too but I don't go around all angry and wanting to pick fights because of it... Nor do I call people liars either... Who said anything about racist jokes? And, yes, I do have all kinds of different ethnic friends... they are just not angry and uptight like some I know...

Life is too short...
I'm not really fired up over it. It's a tired old argument. Something racist gets said or done, a bunch of 45+ white men get upset that anyone thinks it's racist, then before you know it everybody has a best friend who is black and who isn't sensitive at all. Believe it or not, you're not the first person to go through that progression.

You don't care what I believe, fine. But why did you try to justify your stance? If you don't care what I or anyone else believes, why say anything on the subject at all? Why start talking about not having to prove stuff? If that isn't the point, then what is?

Do you honestly think that as a white person you've faced the same type of discrimination in this country as a typical non-white person? Seriously? I can't imagine that you really feel that way, so once again I'm lost as to the point you are trying to make.

You don't have to be racially sensitive. You can be as racist as you want. That's the great thing about this country, we get to believe what we want to believe. But with that sort of outlook you're going to have people take exception, so if you want to talk about it you have to realize that everyone's not going to agree with you. Racism, insensitivity, stereotyping...that's not really the direction we're going to be taking as a society. Sorry.
First of all, don't assume that you know me, know who I hang out with or who my friends are...or that I am a 45+ white male. Also, don't presume that I am "a typical white person". Is that not an insensitive racial remark? What does that even mean?

I believe that what Serg said was in fact an insensitive racial remark. Whether he meant it or not. I also believe that people make comments that are not racial in tone but are taken that way by overly sensitive people. That was my point.

I asked a simple question with a simple explanation as to why I was asking. I got from you that I was lying about who my friends are, that I couldn't possibly have been discriminated against more that you or other non-white people and that I'm a racist, just for asking the question. You stopped reading after Wang.

Are you so short sighted to think that you, as non-white person, are the only group of people that gets discriminated against?
Or that has some bigot try to beat the crap out of you? This is not some pissing contest to see whom has been discriminated against the most. You act as if, just gathering from what you've written, that discrimination and bigotry are reserved only for non-white people. Nobody could ever possibility be more discriminated against than you, or other non-white people. Which is laughable at best.

I certainly do not need to come on a sports message board and tell my life history just to prove to someone that I'm not lying about being discriminated against. That is one reason that I don't care what you think, that wasn't the point. It's truly laughable that someone could be considered a racist simply for asking other peoples opinions about our society becoming overly sensitive. Try not being so defensive, taking a step back, and look in the mirror.

I did not resort to name calling. You did that all on your own. Sorry you feel the way you do...you could not be any further from the truth.

Sorry to everyone else for the rant. I felt I had to defend myself. I do think Sergio is an ass...Carry on.
You tell me not to assume that I know anything about you, but all I did was assume you were an older white male. You're assuming I'm not white, which is odd because I'm about as white as they come. You quoted "typical white person," but I didn't say that. I was saying that the average non-white person faces more discrimination over his lifetime than an average white person. That's not my opinion, that's just the way it is.

I never said that bigotry was reserved only for non-white people. But, as a sensible white person, I recognize that people who aren't white have had to deal with a lot more crap over the years. I still am not quite certain what you're trying to argue. Like I said earlier, you can say whatever you want, just don't call foul when someone calls you out on it.

I also don't think I called you any names. It's possible that something slipped out, but I re-read the thread and I don't think that anything did.

Do you think that maybe the question you asked was poorly timed, and maybe poorly placed? I mean, this is a thread about a Spanish guy being racist towards a black guy. Do you think that maybe that has to do with the way your question was perceived? A good rule of thumb is that if what you are about to say or type could be possibly taken as racist, don't say or type it. Its pretty easy.

I agree w/ Dundee.....much to do about nothing. This political correctness thing has gone too far. Yes it was very ignorant of him to say that and he made this comment w/ malice in his heart. This is not good but certainly not the end of the world.

I know someone who is in the fast food fried chicken business and guess who the larger base of customers are....yep you guessed it, the Hispanics.

Originally posted by Mrs.Whiskey:
i used to like outback

not so much anymore
He was actually joking Mrs Whiskey, I don't really own an Outback Steakhouse Restaurant
wink.r191677.gif
hahahaahaha! i KNOW you don't own an outback steakhouse! that's so funny

i might have been trying to change the chicken thread into a trey biddy steak recipe thread. i don't remember though

Life is too short...

You tell me not to assume that I know anything about you, but all I did was assume you were an older white male. You're assuming I'm not white, which is odd because I'm about as white as they come. You quoted "typical white person," but I didn't say that. I was saying that the average non-white person faces more discrimination over his lifetime than an average white person. That's not my opinion, that's just the way it is.

I never said that bigotry was reserved only for non-white people. But, as a sensible white person, I recognize that people who aren't white have had to deal with a lot more crap over the years. I still am not quite certain what you're trying to argue. Like I said earlier, you can say whatever you want, just don't call foul when someone calls you out on it.

I also don't think I called you any names. It's possible that something slipped out, but I re-read the thread and I don't think that anything did.

Do you think that maybe the question you asked was poorly timed, and maybe poorly placed? I mean, this is a thread about a Spanish guy being racist towards a black guy. Do you think that maybe that has to do with the way your question was perceived? A good rule of thumb is that if what you are about to say or type could be possibly taken as racist, don't say or type it. Its pretty easy.
When someone responds to something by saying: "And drop the "I've got friends of all ethnic backgrounds line". "No you don't." "And you don't sit around a fire with your black, Mexican and Chinese friend and tell racist jokes." "Nobody believes that." How would that come across to the average person? That is you calling me a liar... I take offense to that as you do not know me or who I "sit around a fire" with... I never said that I sit around a fire and tell racial jokes... You just make stuff up as you go for effect..

You missed the "point" I was trying to make from the get go and started in with all of this "Do you honestly think as a white person you've faced more discrimination in this country than as a typical non-white person?" "Believe it or not you are not the first person to go through that progression." Blah Blah Blah... etc... Instead of just saying what you wrote in the very last paragraph of your last entry... You are out of tune with society if you really believe that only non white people are discriminated against... even through "the history of this continent"... that is a fact not just my opinion..

You can disagree with how, when or even that I asked a question at all but don't get all high and mighty about discrimination etc when my point was not even about that in the first place... It was and has been about OVER SENSITIVITY.... by going over the top with your first response to that, you proved my point. Although I can tell it is quite lost on you... The last paragraph I wrote in my entry with my original question, you should read it again here is some of it... "Is it just the context in which is was used?" "I just think our society has gotten a little too sensitive maybe... maybe I am wrong?" Simple yes you are wrong would have sufficed...

So I will just agree to disagree on that point and leave it alone.... But a good rule of thumb for you would be that it would probably not be a good idea to 'call someone out" by calling into question their integrity especially if you know nothing about them... pretty easy...

i used to like outback

not so much anymore
He was actually joking Mrs Whiskey, I don't really own an Outback Steakhouse Restaurant
wink.r191677.gif
hahahaahaha! i KNOW you don't own an outback steakhouse! that's so funny

i might have been trying to change the chicken thread into a trey biddy steak recipe thread. i don't remember though
That would actually be a relief...

Trey! What is your best meat loaf recipe????
3dgrin.r191677.gif

On Steve Czaben's Yahoo Sports Show this morning a black guy called in and said, "I don't understand, doesn't Tiger like fried chicken? I love fried chicken. If someone invites me for a dinner of fried chicken, I say 'what time!?'"

I thought that was perfect.

As to Sergio, that comment is a little window to his soul. It also proves without a shadow of a doubt that Sergio is an idiot. Regardless of his is actual beliefs, who in his right mind would make a comment like that in a public setting? How could he not know that this would go exactly like it has gone? He's an idiot and it is impossible for feel sorry for him.

I LOVE THIS! Another thread about that LOATHSOME individual that everyday brings shame upon a "Gentleman's Game"

Originally posted by Richmond Hog:

On Steve Czaben's Yahoo Sports Show this morning a black guy called in and said, "I don't understand, doesn't Tiger like fried chicken? I love fried chicken. If someone invites me for a dinner of fried chicken, I say 'what time!?'"

I thought that was perfect.

As to Sergio, that comment is a little window to his soul. It also proves without a shadow of a doubt that Sergio is an idiot. Regardless of his is actual beliefs, who in his right mind would make a comment like that in a public setting? How could he not know that this would go exactly like it has gone? He's an idiot and it is impossible for feel sorry for him.
152% agree with this...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT