ADVERTISEMENT

OT Serious question

I hope everyone that is licensed around me is packing. there is only one way to stop a nuttjob with a gun shooting people. that is someone else with a gun that knows how to use one. common sense to me. you don't see people shooting up places where there are guns do you?

I hope everyone that is licensed around me is packing. there is only one way to stop a nuttjob with a gun shooting people. that is someone else with a gun that knows how to use one. common sense to me. you don't see people shooting up places where there are guns do you?

I understand your logic, but I'd rather that person that stop them be a law enforcement individual as opposed to someone who has undergone an 8-hour conceal carry course. I hope we never find out, but do you honestly believe there wouldn't be collateral damage when discharging a weapon in a stadium with 72K people in it, even when done trying to protect people? It's signed into law now so we all have to deal with it, but I would have preferred opposite legislation enhancing measures to prevent firearms in public places such as Razorback stadium.

Honestly not trying to pick a fight or single you out, just replying to your rationale here.

I'm not worried about terrorists at Razorback games, honestly.
And I'm not worried about you good guys with guns.
I'm worried about the irresponsible drunks with guns.

Well, that's a felony so no one should be doing that.

Will it happen? Maybe, but it won't be common.

I'm not sure if I will carry or not. I don't drink so it would be within my rights. IDK though one drunk idiot pulling a gun and shooting a ref would be terrible. Man I am not sure on this one here..Guns and alcohol don't mix well.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that kind of logic.. I do agree that you don't see mass shooting at places where a lot of other people have guns. But that's because there are other places where people don't have guns.. but if everyone has a gun everywhere at all times do you really think there would never be a crazy person that that would try to shoot other people?

I understand your logic, but I'd rather that person that stop them be a law enforcement individual as opposed to someone who has undergone an 8-hour conceal carry course. I hope we never find out, but do you honestly believe there wouldn't be collateral damage when discharging a weapon in a stadium with 72K people in it, even when done trying to protect people? It's signed into law now so we all have to deal with it, but I would have preferred opposite legislation enhancing measures to prevent firearms in public places such as Razorback stadium.

Honestly not trying to pick a fight or single you out, just replying to your rationale here.
8 hour conceal carry course? Shoot most of the people that I know that have their CCL(myself included) spent less than 4 hours. That's going over the paper work, class room and shooting.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that kind of logic.. I do agree that you don't see mass shooting at places where a lot of other people have guns. But that's because there are other places where people don't have guns.. but if everyone has a gun everywhere at all times do you really think there would never be a crazy person that that would try to shoot other people?
That's the problem. Lot of stupid people out there.

Reactions: Game_of_Hawgs
Yea and let's get them all carrying guns... that will make the world a safer place. I'm all for gun rights but only for people who have demonstrated good judgment over their lives. Not just and 8 hour course

I for one don't believe I will and honestly I don't agree with the decision. I don't know if they can or not but o would be surprised if the university didn't over rule the law.

Reactions: NMHOGG
Yea and let's get them all carrying guns... that will make the world a safer place. I'm all for gun rights but only for people who have demonstrated good judgment over their lives. Not just and 8 hour course
Well...I'm guessing no one will be able to have a gun if there's only going to be gun rights for people who have demonstrated good judgment over their lives. :D

Reactions: NMHOGG
Can you please link the last time an irresponsible drunk with a CCW shot a pistol and killed somebody in Arkansas?

Reactions: Luke_Hawg
It's hilarious at the stupid s*** people worry about nowadays. We live in the safest time in America in the last 60 years, and people want to worry about someone shooting a gun in front of 72k people? Go look at the drop in crime rate and get back to me.

I'm all for gun rights,I'm a gun nut myself, but a sporting event where the majority is liquored up is not the place to have everyone packing heat.
Everyone will not be packing. People worried about the same thing when the open carry laws come into effect.

I keep mine in my truck. As long as someone doesn't open fire near me there it won't get pulled. My father in law carries his everywhere and it annoys the piss outta me. IMO he's not someone I'd feel could protect me haha.

How does one differentiate the "good guys" when everyone's packing?

How was your trip Lolly?
It was awesome. People in Ireland so friendly and willing to help tourists. Amazing patriotism. They are so proud of their beautiful country.
And, they hate Trump. Pretty embarrassing until they learned we do, too.
More than once I was asked about our Electoral College and "How can he be your president when he lost..."

It was awesome. People in Ireland so friendly and willing to help tourists. Amazing patriotism. They are so proud of their beautiful country.
More than once I was asked about our Electoral College and "How can he be your president when he lost..."
Anti gun and hates Trump. Makes sense now.

QUOTE="rbridew, post: 1254655, member: 6148"]I understand your logic, but I'd rather that person that stop them be a law enforcement individual as opposed to someone who has undergone an 8-hour conceal carry course. I hope we never find out, but do you honestly believe there wouldn't be collateral damage when discharging a weapon in a stadium with 72K people in it, even when done trying to protect people? It's signed into law now so we all have to deal with it, but I would have preferred opposite legislation enhancing measures to prevent firearms in public places such as Razorback stadium.

Honestly not trying to pick a fight or single you out, just replying to your rationale here.[/QUOTE]

Of course you would rather it be law enforcement. Unfortunately, that has seldom been the case when mass shootings have occurred. If you could ask them I would bet the victims of those mass shootings would have been thrilled to have had an armed citizen come to their defense.

And it is more than an 8 hour course. You must pass an FBI background check and the sheriff in your county can veto you for a speeding ticket if he wants to. It's not as if it's like getting a fishing license,

Personally I would see little need to carry a gun inside RRS, but the folks who legally can and want to are protecting me as well as themselves and they tend to be responsible people. I know many folks with CCP's and don't know of any who are the least bit trigger happy or don't take the rules and responsibility seriously. Respect for laws is why people get the permits in the first place.

You have to get fingerprinted too.
Can someone please show me the last time somebody with a concealed carry permit shot someone in the act of a felony in the state of Arkansas. 2 in the last 5 years? Out of thousands of CCW holders? Bees kill more people annually than someone that with a concealed carry permit. So do mosquitoes. Are you going quick going outside now for the fear of being bit by mosquito or stung by a bee? Vending machines have killed people too. Are you going to just avoid them altogether as well?

Last edited:
That's an extra 8 hour course, but I digress, they will soon sign another bill or two to outlaw carrying where alcohol is sold. Hide and watch......

Well, hopefully you educated them of the genius of the electoral college

I hope everyone is packing with this deer overpopulation... Imagine a doe breaking up a game winning play, we can't have this.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
I carry most places because I like freedom and being able to defend myself when law enforcement might be a few minutes away. (That's too far if someone wants to kill me) That freedom shouldn't be restricted because 70,000 people are watching a football game . It's a fact that mass shooters target gun restricted zones. Do I feel there is a likelihood a mass shooter will open fire in Razorback stadium? No. But I'm sure Va tech never thought they'd be the campus that became victims of a mad man. Someone that wants to kill people won't worry about a CCL. Like @Mr.Razorback said how many CCL holders go around shooting people? The only time I ever hear of them shooting someone is when they are shooting the bad guy.

I hope everyone is packing with this deer overpopulation... Imagine a doe breaking up a game winning play, we can't have this.
The same deer that people on here are so proud of killing? Taking photos of them like they're elusive or something. I've killed 3 with a 1/2 ton AUTOMOBILE in the last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corporal Upham
I carry most places because I like freedom and being able to defend myself when law enforcement might be a few minutes away. (That's too far if someone wants to kill me) That freedom shouldn't be restricted because 70,000 people are watching a football game . It's a fact that mass shooters target gun restricted zones. Do I feel there is a likelihood a mass shooter will open fire in Razorback stadium? No. But I'm sure Va tech never thought they'd be the campus that became victims of a mad man. Someone that wants to kill people won't worry about a CCL. Like @Mr.Razorback said how many CCL holders go around shooting people? The only time I ever hear of them shooting someone is when they are shooting the bad guy.
I've found 5 TOTAL felonies committed by CCW holders. 5. 2 in 2012, 2 in 2010 and 1 in 2009. In 2014 there were over 165,000 CCW holders in the state. Let's keep that account and start since 2009 that's eight years times 165,000 holders that's over 1.3 million opportunities to commit felonies. 5 have. Lol, the Clinton's are FAR more dangerous.

How many of you gun owners will now be packing at Razorback games just because you can?
That's a very slippery slope. My first thought was of the Little Rock golf course crowd (not the peaceful ones) but I guess they have them out there if they carry anyway.

QUOTE="rbridew, post: 1254655, member: 6148"]I understand your logic, but I'd rather that person that stop them be a law enforcement individual as opposed to someone who has undergone an 8-hour conceal carry course. I hope we never find out, but do you honestly believe there wouldn't be collateral damage when discharging a weapon in a stadium with 72K people in it, even when done trying to protect people? It's signed into law now so we all have to deal with it, but I would have preferred opposite legislation enhancing measures to prevent firearms in public places such as Razorback stadium.

Of course you would rather it be law enforcement. Unfortunately, that has seldom been the case when mass shootings have occurred. If you could ask them I would bet the victims of those mass shootings would have been thrilled to have had an armed citizen come to their defense.

And it is more than an 8 hour course. You must pass an FBI background check and the sheriff in your county can veto you for a speeding ticket if he wants to. It's not as if it's like getting a fishing license,

Personally I would see little need to carry a gun inside RRS, but the folks who legally can and want to are protecting me as well as themselves and they tend to be responsible people. I know many folks with CCP's and don't know of any who are the least bit trigger happy or don't take the rules and responsibility seriously. Respect for laws is why people get the permits in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a CCP but, if I am ever in a situation where there is an active shooter, I hope like everything that I am with one of my friends that does.

They are good guys. Level headed, responsible people.

Well, yeah, they loved Bill Clinton because he has Irish coonnections. Thus,, they liked Hillary.

Well, yeah, they loved Bill Clinton because he has Irish coonnections. Thus,, they liked Hillary.
Umm, you do know it's not just Ireland. The whole world is laughing at us because Trump was elected.
Except the Russian government.
(It was just interesting to hear it expressed by outsiders.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT