ADVERTISEMENT

So do we

thetus

Letterman
Sep 4, 2005
Fire Dustin McDaniel? What he did was every bit as bad as Bobby. Plus he is an elected official, not just a football coach. He was banging an attorney who was representing a group suing Arkansas. They won by the way.

There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

Originally posted by bcranebcrane:
THIS!

Man, that women is a ho! Did you see all the guys she was accused of "seeing"?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

The attorney general of Arkansas Jj. Everyone knows the affair is not what bobby got fired for. What McDaniel did is just as bad. Sleeping with an attorney who is suing the state you are representing is every bit as shady as what bobby did.

Originally posted by d_luv76:

The affair is NOT what got Bobby fired
I am so sick of that kind of crap. What was he fired for then? And explain how the attorney for the state nailing a private attorney is not way more of a potential conflict of interest than BP hiring his mistress? You don't think that private attorney would have a decided advantage in any litigation with the state?

Originally posted by rzrbk7777:

I am so sick of that kind of crap. What was he fired for then? And explain how the attorney for the state nailing a private attorney is not way more of a potential conflict of interest than BP hiring his mistress? You don't think that private attorney would have a decided advantage in any litigation with the state?
He was fired for hiring his mistress and giving her an unapproved 20K bonus. And lying to his supervisor about all of it...

If the wreck had happened a week earlier... before JD went to work under BP... I think he would still have his job...

Originally posted by original hambone:

Originally posted by rzrbk7777:

He was fired for hiring his mistress and giving her an unapproved 20K bonus. And lying to his supervisor about all of it...

If the wreck had happened a week earlier... before JD went to work under BP... I think he would still have his job...
He gave her the 20k months before she was hired. Last time I looked it was still OK in this country to give YOUR money to whoever you see fit. Non issue there. And if you want to get technical about it, he didn't have the authority to hire his mistress. Jeff Long hired her.

Having witnessed workplace affairs throughout my adult life I can safely say that if JL didn't grasp what was going on before the wreck, he is the blindest man on the planet. Those things are never as discreet as the parties think they are. After several months of a young RF employee spending way too much time with BP, tons of phone calls, etc., if JL had no clue that BP had special reasons for reccommending JD, well, I don't know what to say. Common sense tells me that JL didn't give a flip until he thought the fallout might land on him and then he played dumb and acted as shocked as everybody else that DIDN'T work in the Broyles Complex.

I cannot vote in Arkansas, but if he insists on running for Governor, the people of Arkansas have the opportunity to answer your question.

I for one, think they both deserve scorn and yes, a head coach and a government figure should in fact, be above reproach.

They both deserve the ax.

That's not the way I heard it. I heard that he promised her a 70K job and when Jeff Long only approved a 50K salary, BP made up the difference..

Do you think Jeff Long would have approved the hire if he'd know JD was his mistress and that he gave her a 20K bonus? You are right, it is a technicality to say that Jeff Long hired her. He hired the person that Bobby Petrino wanted...

Like I said, if he has the wreck when JD was still working for the RF... he's still HC.

That's a new one on me. All I have ever heard(and I have heard it from about everybody numerous times) is that he gave her 20k to buy a car months before she was hired. Your post is the first I've heard otherwise.

As far as Long knowing, while nobody can say he did, I have never seen an affair that wasn't the worst kept secret around. And always a prime topic of gossip as it becomes really obvious to everybody except the two cheaters that everybody knows. I mean, is it normal for a RF employee to constantly need to be around the HC? Is it normal for a RF employee to come by his office, meet him for lunch, show up for practice, assist at functions, be exceedingly flirty and chummy with the HC?

After it all came out lots of media guys and folks around the program said they suspected something wasn't right for awhile. How in the heck could Long have remained oblivious through all of that? I find it far more reasonable that Long chose to look the other way as long as his cashcow was happy. Ever hear of plausible deniability?

More details came out today. His GF was representing someone who was suing the state of Arkansas. They won their law suit. She is also part of an investigation of a murder that occurred in front of her house. She also had quite a list of bed fellows as were described in her divorce decree.

I doubt JL and BP ran in the same circles. I also doubt that BP was one to take micro management and in his 4th successful year JL probably wasn't one to start micro managing either. You trust your multi million dollar coach to know the HR rules and when you ask if the hire is good, it's more than good.

Remember, this wasn't an office affiar. Prior to her employment at the Broyles Center, she worked at the Razorback Foundation...

And, it's my understanding that they (proably JD) had broken off the affair... probably at some point before she got engaged to the swim coach...

I really don't know how much contact the RF employees have with the HC... I would think, not very much except the RF employees go with the coach when he goes to Razorback Club functions and place there are opportunities to raise money. Out side of that, I would be suprised if they had much face to face contact...

Also did it not say in BP contract or at least in the university policy that a superior can not use personal money to supliment a subordinates salary?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT