ADVERTISEMENT

Society and how it has changed

optimisthog13

Letterman
Jan 15, 2012
Jonesboro
growing up in the 70's and 80,s the importance of education and discipline was the driving force for a person to succeed not only in professional world but also in their private life. I started noticing a change when the discipline was taken out of education and the rights of a child became more important than a parents natural right to discipline their child. The kids today know that if mom and dad are limited in how they can be disciplined then they also know that a school system is even more restricted. So, when a child is forced to go to school then they become disruptive and becomes a cancer to a classroom that affects the students that are there to learn. The government input to a families life is the first brick in the wall of society slow degradation. Yes, I agree that children need to be protected from abuse but the problem is abuse is a broad term that can be given to a simple spanking in the perception of a government official. People of poverty do not use education anymore as a way to improve their life but rather depend on social services to help them to maintain their current living condition. Then they want to blame the everyone else for their problems besides reflecting on their own life and remembering where their life choices lead them to there current situation. There are multiple variables that can exist that could turn someone's life from good to bad but discipline is needed to reverse that process. Social service were created as a hand up to keep someone living until they can change their circumstances. It was never designed as a hand out. When the government starts to let parents parent their children, put power back into our schools. reestablish vocational programs in school, for the child or person that is not college material, and establish objectives for a person receiving social services to meet then our society will continue decline. These objective can be based on the grade and the attendance of the recipients children, the parent establishing a positive work history, or if the parent themselves are trying to improve their life through education. This problem is one based on race or anyone's religious affiliation. The reason why I say that is because their are a lot of non-white people that are highly successful mainly because of education and the discipline that is required to be successful. IMO

back-in-my-day_o_244475.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT