ADVERTISEMENT

The 2016 Instate Class

Trey Biddy

Publisher
Jul 1, 2001
Fayetteville, Arkansas
arkansas.rivals.com
It really is a well-rounded group aside from the OL, especially considering the positions that were targeted last year. I mean, Arkansas isn't going to produce that many SEC level players each year, so it would hurt a little if there were more great TEs for example because Arkansas loaded up there last year.

2015 was a huge year for TEs with Gragg, O'Grady and possibly even Bell and then Sprinkle was an option. There's not a known major D-I guy in this bunch at TE.

There weren't any RBs last year aside from Dancy, who Arkansas didn't offer. This year there are some options in T.J. Hammonds, Damarea Crockett and possibly Cleo Floyd. Hammonds already has an option. I see him as an AP back (not because he's small because he isn't, but because he's versatile).

Last year was solid on WR, but they missed the top instate guy in KJ Hill. This year they've already got the top instate guy on board at WR.

There was a big-time QB instate last year, no QB this year.

Arkansas did well with a nice DE last year, and they could add another one in Agim and Tate if they offer.

They did not have a huge year at DT other than Froholdt and Dean is more of a transitioning player, and the numbers are a little tight there, so adding Capps is big. plus Cameron Murray is one to watch.

Arkansas added some good-looking out of state corners last year and they'll need a couple more still this year, and there are some options legit options in the state. There are also players to consider at safety, like Floyd, possibly Crockett and David Beasley who I think has a shot. I expect Greenlaw to play SAM, so to me there's a need at safety in 2016.

Aside from OL, a lot of things mix well between the 15 class and the 16 instate group.

This post was edited on 3/9 9:47 AM by Trey Biddy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News