ADVERTISEMENT

The Kentucky Cope

Jack_Tferro34

Letterman
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2017
I want to preface this by saying there exists a possibility where Cal never makes it out of the first weekend at Arkansas, NIL funds dry up, and nothing of significance happens during his tenure. I don’t think that’s what will happen, but I’m not delusional about our basketball program and where we stand in the landscape of college basketball.

BUT, the mental gymnastics being done by Kentucky fans over the last few weeks would out-do Simone Biles. They’re convinced Cal never actually wanted to be here, got told no when he tried to come back, and is now miserable here. Which of course immediately falls apart when you acknowledge that Cal is so down in the dumps that he convinced half of his roster to come with him. Additionally, they’ve now convinced themselves they told Cal to take a hike with the master plan of striking out on every candidate of significance and bringing in an alum that no other reputable program wanted. And now they applaud every white guy they bring in like they’re putting together the white dream team.

It’s honestly sad to see a once proud program stoop to this level. I thought they had higher expectations for themselves. They should have higher expectations for themselves. With that being said, mental health is a crisis in this country and if you see a Kentucky fan in need be sure to point them in the direction of resources that could help them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News