ADVERTISEMENT

the sad state of American society

optimisthog13

Letterman
Jan 15, 2012
Jonesboro
The fact that companies and people get so caught up over a battle flag but yet they do not care that Wal Mart, Sears, Amazon, and other retailers are selling 90% or more of their goods from foreign companies. These companies could help create another industrial revolution if they just sold 50% of American made products. American people do not care about creating jobs for other Americans which could help low economic people more than a removing a flag. I guess as a liberal society debating over an ancient symbol will help them more.I guess our economic health is not as important as the fear of a battle flag waving in the air. IMHO.

Industrial revolution, eh?

you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

Reactions: acpk1
Absolutely agree with you 100% .... the flag is not the issue -- poverty, employment, opportunity, freedom --- THESE are the issues.

The Romans had a term for it .... bread and circus ...

This flag nonsense is media sensationalism and the lemmings just follow suit. They don't even understand what they're really outraged over.

As far as domestic products, some companies are doing a better job trying to support domestic but it's not like it's a minimal savings. It's the difference in being profitable and being able to sustain a company or not. Until that gap is significantly closed, it'll remain this way.

Don't disagree but I wonder how 50% American would effect those companies bottom line? Idk their typical operating thins but I doubt they could afford it.

If obama keeps raising taxes on businesses, and you'll see more than foreign goods in stores, you'll see those stores moving off shore or over seas, that'll be a big help for the unemployed. Course government has gotta make em pay their fair share, funny thing is government will NEVER define "fair share" because if they did they couldn't keep taking more and more once that amount was reached. Maybe the definition of "fair share" should just be "more". Biggest threat to this once great country is politicians. Can't think of one problem in this country that politicians haven't made worse.

Reactions: boopl
If obama keeps raising taxes on businesses, and you'll see more than foreign goods in stores, you'll see those stores moving off shore or over seas, that'll be a big help for the unemployed. Course government has gotta make em pay their fair share, funny thing is government will NEVER define "fair share" because if they did they couldn't keep taking more and more once that amount was reached. Maybe the definition of "fair share" should just be "more". Biggest threat to this once great country is politicians. Can't think of one problem in this country that politicians haven't made worse.

I am such a dunce with politics. I didn't even realize the POTUS could raise taxes. Thanks for your informative addition to this valuable discussion.

There are plenty of jobs in America, people just would rather not do a lot of them because they think they are to good for certain types of work or just plain lazy.

1. With respect nobody thinks the flag is the "cause" of anything...it's not appropriate to be flown over buildings that are intended to serve everyone fairly and equally. You want to fly the flag at your home, that's your right...but it's not a flag of our government/state/nation and has been bastardized to represent something perverse and disrespectful to sensible people. If you want faux outrage, get mad at the people who took the flag and made it a symbol of hate.

2. Those companies can't afford to pay American's to produce their goods because it's far more expensive, simple as that. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, it's not my company...just telling you why.

So good to be back in Arkansas, where liberal hypocrisy & ignorance abound. I'd honestly forgotten.

1. With respect nobody thinks the flag is the "cause" of anything...it's not appropriate to be flown over buildings that are intended to serve everyone fairly and equally. You want to fly the flag at your home, that's your right...but it's not a flag of our government/state/nation and has been bastardized to represent something perverse and disrespectful to sensible people. If you want faux outrage, get mad at the people who took the flag and made it a symbol of hate.

2. Those companies can't afford to pay American's to produce their goods because it's far more expensive, simple as that. I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, it's not my company...just telling you why.

Those companies can afford to pay Americans. They choose not to. Those companies could do very well selling American products and just make less profit for themselves and their shareholders. People in this country ate just not willing to have a little less forthemselves to benefit the masses.

Look at the state of New York, they are either reducing or eliminating state taxes to influence businesses to come there. All I am saying is we need to invest in America again.

I am such a dunce with politics. I didn't even realize the POTUS could raise taxes. Thanks for your informative addition to this valuable discussion.

You ever hear of the "BUSH" tax cuts?

You ever hear, "I got a pen and a phone"?

Obama campaigned on getting rid of the "Bush" tax cuts. then, once elected. he extended them twice.

Obama has been killing us by talking about raising corporate and individual taxes. Businessmen like stability. Obama has managed to create a lot of instability.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT