ADVERTISEMENT

Think about this ( zimmerman )

hoginhotsprings

Letterman
Jan 20, 2011
Last night 5:15 in th e morning a friend of mine had his car blocked and stole all 4 wheels off his highlander

A neighbor sees it calls police and they are slow to respond!

What if you woke up saw this man doing this 5 feet outside your kids window?

It made me think of Zimmerman,

if crime is bad in your neighborhood and you are on a neighborhood watch group
you walk up see this what do you do..

Nobody knows the confrontation that took place. Your neighborhood, your car, your yard

What do you do???

What are your answers???

Huh? It was a gated community not a problem area. He was following him 911 operator told him to stop he didn't. He won't be guilty but it was dumb what he did.

Omg what is going on. Liberial lol bc I think it was dumb to go after someone for no reason. He wasn't doing anything wrong. I didn't say the guy should go to jail bc it sounds like he was getting his a$$ beat but why not just get your a$$ beat instead of shooting the kid?

Either way I don't think he gets convicted but you label me as liberal hilarious.

I'm with you jro...for the op TM wasn't stealing from GZ. Also stealing tires isn't cause for death.

There was a rash of robberies in the neighborhood. That is why they formed the neighborhood watch.

No one was robbed but there were burglaries 8 in 14 months. 260 houses in the community I guess that's a rash idk I don't know what normal in areas but 1 burglary every 1.75 months wouldn't seem huge to me but again I don't have a clue.

You call the police. Video the crime, if possible.

Your neighbor needs to call his insurance company.

Worth noting - your example involves witnessing a criminal action. George Z did not witness a criminal action. Just a black kid in a hoodie walking around in his neighborhood. The two incidents are not the same.

And for the record, had TM been committing a crime when George Z followed him, I would be of an entirely different opinion and that George Z was probably defending himself.

I'm very conservative and believe in protecting what is yours and the 2nd amendment. Following a kid is one thing if you think he is suspicious. Obviously he followed the kid because he was black and racial profiling, which honestly I would probably do myself if the kid looked out of place for the community he was in. Now you follow the kid to a point and you can determine his intention. I would expect if the kid was going to break in a home you would know by how he was walking through the area. The guy was out of line to get out of the car and keep following the kid and any ass kicking he deserved. I think the guy should get 2nd degree murder because he put himself in the situation. If I am carrying a gun and I pick a fight with someone and they start kicking my ass, it isn't self defense to kill them. Now maybe if I shoot them in the leg or arm or say I'm going to shoot you if you don't stop, but to kill the guy is out of line and I deserve what I get. Regardless of what people think, a neighborhood watch is not a police force. It is a WATCH to call the police for suspicious activity. The guy thought we was Chuck Norris or some crap and the ones that think what he did was ok are either extremely racist or sociopaths yourself.

Originally posted by Eldawghawg:
I'm with you jro...for the op TM wasn't stealing from GZ. Also stealing tires isn't cause for death.Actually if the tires wereanywhere oj your property and you told the person to leave and they became aggressive then the castle law states they are there for the sole purpose of doing you and your family harm and you have the right to shoot them where they stand.

Sooooo.... dont steal shit from house because if you do and youre a punk about it I know and will exercize my right to defend my family.

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:
Originally posted by Eldawghawg:
I'm with you jro...for the op TM wasn't stealing from GZ. Also stealing tires isn't cause for death.Actually if the tires wereanywhere oj your property and you told the person to leave and they became aggressive then the castle law states they are there for the sole purpose of doing you and your family harm and you have the right to shoot them where they stand.

Sooooo.... dont steal shit from house because if you do and youre a punk about it I know and will exercize my right to defend my family.
Not true. It has to be IN or attempting to enter you home. Quit giving bad advice.

"The right of an individual to defend himself or herself and the life of a person or property in the individual's home against harm, injury, or loss by a person unlawfully entering or attempting to enter or intrude into the home is reaffirmed as a fundamental right to be preserved and promoted as a public policy in this state." ~ Arkansas Criminal Code § 5-2-620

I go start a fight, and when I get my bitch ass whipped, I shoot the person dead.

I win.

I go start a fight, and when I get my bitch ass whipped, I shoot the person dead.

I win.

Yeah boss hog don't do that if they aren't in your doorway. If they fall bk you need to pull them forward into your house.

I live in Missouri where the law states "premises" not home or dwelling and is described as.....

[(3)?](4) "Premises", includes any building, inhabitable structure and any real property[.];

This can also include your car, boat , land or any other real property. I know this as I just went through ccw certification. In all states a Tent, camper, or hotel room is also consixered your dwelling at the time of occupancy.

jro, From January 1st, 2011 through February 26th, 2012 police were called to that complex 402 times. That's basically once a day. In the year prior there had been 8 burglaries, 9 thefts, and 1 shooting. There had been numerous reports of attempted break-ins which had created an atmosphere of fear. Hence, the creation of the neighborhood watch in the first place. I'm fairly none of that could be considered "normal."

I thought you had moved to Arkansas. Either way I assure you that it would be hard to determine if stealing wheels is harming you. Just saying I wouldn't take the chance over wheels.

Originally posted by jrohawg35:
I thought you had moved to Arkansas. Either way I assure you that it would be hard to determine if stealing wheels is harming you. Just saying I wouldn't take the chance over wheels.
No not really. If someone I dont know and have never met is on MY PROPERTY conducting illegal behavior. Which by kaw they are already breaking by being on my property refuses to leave my property after notification of contacting the police or by the property owners simple command then the law in my state not only supports the use of a deadly weapon to protect your property bit it also states that individual means me bodily harm. In the state of Missouri if you break in a home or trespass after notice you are LEGALY threatening the life of the property owner. ........

Think about that. If you are committing a crime on someone elses property then you are putting the property owner in danger of their lives. Now that just makes to much sense doesnt it. So dont do it here or you will be told to leave followex by a count to ten and the sound of me clikcing off the safety on my 12gua

I am going to ask this question because I honestly do not know the answer. I have been working very long hours and have not kept up with this story. Those of you that are criticizing Zimmerman for getting out of his car and following Martin, didn't Martin also turn and confront him when he could just as well walked on or just talk to him? Couldn't both of them helped to avoid a confrontation?

Originally posted by Texashog0605:
I am going to ask this question because I honestly do not know the answer. I have been working very long hours and have not kept up with this story. Those of you that are criticizing Zimmerman for getting out of his car and following Martin, didn't Martin also turn and confront him when he could just as well walked on or just talk to him? Couldn't both of them helped to avoid a confrontation?

So you have a problem with the kid asking the man why he was following him? After he had run from him once.

Shouldn't the FEAR of getting your thieving ass killed while stealing the wheels keep people from going around looking for opportunities to victimize other people. If a few more people got shot doing it and we didn't prosecute the innocent then MAYBE even the idiots would STEAL LESS! How about that?

No not really. If someone I dont know and have never met is on MY PROPERTY conducting illegal behavior. Which by kaw they are already breaking by being on my property refuses to leave my property after notification of contacting the police or by the property owners simple command then the law in my state not only supports the use of a deadly weapon to protect your property bit it also states that individual means me bodily harm. In the state of Missouri if you break in a home or trespass after notice you are LEGALY threatening the life of the property owner. ........

Think about that. If you are committing a crime on someone elses property then you are putting the property owner in danger of their lives. Now that just makes to much sense doesnt it. So dont do it here or you will be told to leave followex by a count to ten and the sound of me clikcing off the safety on my 12gua
I think he is actually agreeing with you that is the law, just that you still have a good chance of going to prison if you kill someone because now there isn't just the burden on the prosecution to prove you are guilty of murder/manslaughter, but you now have a burden to prove you adhered to the letter of the law. The point is, you're still taking a big chance if you were to shoot someone. You can find case after case where people are charged with excessive force

Thanks Coward I also am a concealed carry man but I wouldn't take the chance unless my family not my property were in danger.

Originally posted by Coward88:

I think he is actually agreeing with you that is the law, just that you still have a good chance of going to prison if you kill someone because now there isn't just the burden on the prosecution to prove you are guilty of murder/manslaughter, but you now have a burden to prove you adhered to the letter of the law. The point is, you're still taking a big chance if you were to shoot someone. You can find case after case where people are charged with excessive force

Again in the state of Missouri the law states just the opposite. Not only is it understood that an unauthorized person on my property means me harm it is defined as such by the law. In fact In the justification clause of the Missouri castle law section 563.026 I only need to fear "injury" from said intruder at not fault of my own. And it goes on to state .....nthe desirability of avoiding the injury outweighs the desirability of avoiding the injury sought to be prevented by the statute defining the crime charged.......

In other words potential injury to the property owner is valued above the life of the person who has unlawfully entered.

Don't commit crimes on other peoples property unless you are willing to get shot. Its just that simple.

Look if I can I'm telling you to get your stuff and leave. I'll call 911 etc but if youre going nuts and getting close and I don't know you.......run very fast

I was not there obviously, but he had his day in court, the evidence was put before the jury and he is not guilty and that is that... The process worked!!

You can not shoot someone stealing your property.

They also don't have to be in your house. Who's gonna wait for them to get all the way in before shooting? If you caught them coming in I would suspect you'd be fearful enough to shoot then.

Your home is defined as your daily travels.

Originally posted by passmore:

They also don't have to be in your house. Who's gonna wait for them to get all the way in before shooting? If you caught them coming in I would suspect you'd be fearful enough to shoot then.

It has to be IN or attempting to enter your home.

"The right of an individual to defend himself or herself and the life of a person or property in the individual's home against harm, injury, or loss by a person unlawfully entering or attempting to enter or intrude into the home is reaffirmed as a fundamental right to be preserved and promoted as a public policy in this state." ~ Arkansas Criminal Code § 5-2-620

Originally posted by ermackey:

If you can quote a law why can't you READ what I wrote?

Would you wait for intruder to get all the way IN your house?

Huh? It was a gated community not a problem area. He was following him 911 operator told him to stop he didn't. He won't be guilty but it was dumb what he did.

You know that Zimmerman lost visual contact with Trayvon..

Trayvon told his girl friend by phone that he was home or very near home.

Now, if Trayvon had simply went on in the house.... nothing happens.

BUT, Trayvon chose to go back and teach that "Creepy ASS Cracka" a lesson.. He assaulted Zimmerman.

But, none of that really mattered. The only thing that mattered under Florida law was the whether or not was it reasonable for George Zimmerman to have felt that his life was a stake or that he was about to receive grievous bodily harm at the time he shot Trayvon..

If you are familiar with the testimony of Zimmerman's trainer, you know that George is a very poor athlete. Trayvon. on the other hand, was quite athletic. There were no wounds on Trayvon's face or body.. other than the gun shot wound. Meanwhile, Zimmerman has a broken nose and lacerations to the back of his head. It doesn't appear that Zimmerman was fighting back. he was in his first fight... he was getting pounded... tasting his own blood. Blood running down his throat... he was scared shitless and he shot Trayvon..

Now, if you have evidence or testimony that is contrary, I'd love to hear it. If OTOH, all you've got is emotion, which is what the who defense's case was based on... That isn't going to stand up when the facts and evidence is to the contrary.

Originally posted by ermackey:

If you can quote a law why can't you READ what I wrote?

Would you wait for intruder to get all the way IN your house?
I can read it fine. I was just clarifying that they could be entering. Could you not read MY post?

I've stated several times that he shouldn't have followed him like the 911 operator told him not to. Also yeah I think getting out of your truck looking for him is skeptical if someone does that to me I'd be like wtf following me then getting out of your car to come find me. Lastly I think you should take your @$$ whipping like a man and not shoot a kid bc you lost a fight

original hambone I am so glad you are here with some sanity

a few others here need their head pounded into the sidewalk and see how calm they stay

This is a classic case of 2 fools meeting Zimmerman was a wanna be hero who was gonna save the neighborhood and TM was a straight up hard thug who was gonna defend his street cred. Never a good ending to 2 fools meeting

Originally posted by SpudM70:

This is a classic case of 2 fools meeting Zimmerman was a wanna be hero who was gonna save the neighborhood and TM was a straight up hard thug who was gonna defend his street cred. Never a good ending to 2 fools meeting

Lol @ straight up hard thug. He wasn't perfect and that is obvious. He was an honor student set to start college this fall but you will never hear that. Hard thug? Lmao.

Originally posted by MR_ARKANSAS:

Originally posted by Texashog0605:

So you have a problem with the kid asking the man why he was following him? After he had run from him once.

Exactly. Why did he run? That's wouldn't seem suspicious at all. You just explained why he followed him. TM said you got a problem? You do now and started a fight with the smaller guy. Sad situation that both could have avoided. But this racial baiting has got to stop. Zimmerman considers himself Hispanic for gosh sakes. This is not a white black issue. Any real racism gets looked at skeptically because unjustified times like this the race card is played until the corners are rounded and the edges frayed.

Originally posted by hoginhotsprings:
Last night 5:15 in th e morning a friend of mine had his car blocked and stole all 4 wheels off his highlander

A neighbor sees it calls police and they are slow to respond!

What if you woke up saw this man doing this 5 feet outside your kids window?

It made me think of Zimmerman,

if crime is bad in your neighborhood and you are on a neighborhood watch group
you walk up see this what do you do..

Nobody knows the confrontation that took place. Your neighborhood, your car, your yard

What do you do???

What are your answers???
I guess you do what Zimmerman did. You grab a gun, follow someone else who looks like a criminal, provoke him to react or overreact, and you kill him

I'd bet money most the ones saying he got his head pounded into the ground have never been in a fight. 1" and a 1/4" laceration isn't that big I've done that hitting my head on a cabinet door. If I was pounding someone's head on the concrete they'd have more and bigger cuts than that. If you think he had his head pounded to the ground I just laugh. I'd say most have never been I'm a fight his wounds weren't life threatening, or anything other than a fight. He looked a lot less injured than some guys I've seen get beat up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT