ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops Top 100 Razorback basketball players of all-time: 25-11

jacksoncollier

Hawgbert Financial Expert
Staff
Dec 22, 2018
Little Rock, AR
To commemorate the 100th season of Arkansas basketball, I took on the task of ranking the top-100 basketball players in program history.

It was very much a passion project, and I'm sure there will be plenty of disagreements, but I tried to be as objective as possible while also taking into account stats and accolades from individual players across all eras.

Here is 25-11:

25. Clint McDaniel (1991-1995)

~ Career stats: 8.1 points, 2.3 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 1.8 steals

~ Best season: 11.5 points, 3.1 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 2.8 steals

~ Accolades: NCAA Champion, NCAA All-Region, NCAA All-Tourney, Third-Team All-SEC, 1.000 point scorer, 1st all-time steals in a single season in program history, 6th all-time steals in a career in program history.

Yet another member of the national championship team finds his way onto the list, and he definitely won't be the last. Clint McDaniel was a crucial piece of the championship team, providing excellent defense, as well as being the team's fifth leading scorer.

The championship season alone, Beck was better than McDaniel, but for a career, I gave the ever-so slightest edge to McDaniel. They played different positions, but were almost interchangeable on this list, in my opinion.

24. Almer Lee (1969-1972)
~ Career stats: 17.3 points, 3.3 rebounds

~ Best season: 19.2 points, 3.9 rebounds

~ Accolades: SWC Sophomore of the Year, High School All-American

This is a ranking where stats and accolades factored in heavily, mainly because I was nowhere close to being born to even watch Almer Lee play college basketball. Being both a high school All-American and Sophomore of the Year in the SWC, paired with his scoring ability, really made it hard to ignore his status as a Razorback great.

He managed to score that much without the three-point line, which will factor in to some players' rankings later on in this list, as well.

23. Derek Hood (1995-1999)

~ Career stats: 9.5 points, 7.6 rebounds, 1.6 assists

~ Best season: 12.4 points, 10.3 rebounds, 1.8 assists

Accolades: Second-Team All-SEC, Third-Team All-SEC, All-SEC Tournament Team, High School Parade All-American, 2nd all-time rebounds in a single season in program history, 2nd all-time rebounds in a career

Perhaps the greatest rebounder in Razorback history (although there is some debate), Derek Hood had well-balanced stats throughout his career, as well as the accolades to back up his performance.

CONTINUE READING HERE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News