ADVERTISEMENT

Football Two Pro Hogs to play in Super Bowl 58

RileyMcFerran

Managing editor
Staff
Mar 30, 2019
Lavaca, AR

Two Pro Hogs will play on the national stage when the San Francisco 49ers battle the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl 58 on Feb. 11 at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.

Former Razorback linebacker Dre Greenlaw and quarterback Brandon Allen will look to earn the 49ers’ first Super Bowl victory since 1994 after defeating the Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions in the Divisional Round and NFC Championship, respectively.

A four-year defender for Arkansas, Greenlaw has continued to produce in the NFL with 54 starts across five seasons with the 49ers. This season, he's racked up 120 total tackles, five tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks and two interceptions.

In his two playoff matchups against the Packers and Lions, Greenlaw was an enforcer over the middle of the field with a combined 15 tackles, 0.5 passes defended and two interceptions — including this game-winning turnover against quarterback Jordan Love.

The Fayetteville native was a Freshman All-American in 2015 and a Team Captain in 2018 for the Hogs. In 40 collegiate games, he recorded 321 total tackles, 13.0 tackles for loss, four sacks, three interceptions and four forced fumbles. Greenlaw had this say following his team's comeback win in the NFC Championship on Sunday.

"I just know that these boys came out here and fought," Greenlaw said. "From start to finish, no matter the circumstances, no matter the score, we came here and fought and I'm proud to be part of this team. As long as you fight and give it everything you got, man I respect that. I can't even describe the feeling man."

Alongside Greenlaw is Allen, who did not see any game action during the regular season and served primarily as the 49ers' third-string backup. In 15 career professional games, the former Arkansas signal caller has completed 149 passes for 1,611 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Allen made 38 career starts with the Razorbacks and totaled 7,463 passing yards with 64 touchdowns and 26 interceptions. His senior season was especially electric, as he finished with a 65.9% completion percentage en route to tossing for 30 touchdowns and just eight interceptions.

Both Pro Hogs will get a chance to raise the Lombardi Trophy and claim their first Super Bowl ring when the 49ers and Chiefs meet on Feb. 11. The game is set to kick off at 5:30 p.m. CT and will broadcast on CBS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News