ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting UGA trying to steal 2023 WR Commit Anthony Evans III

DaltonG

Letterman
Gold Member
Mar 1, 2018
Tontitown, AR
Well…I guess this happened over the weekend. :( Hopefully we can keep him in the fold, love his speed.
Verified marks of 4.3 seconds in the forty-yard dash and 10.6 in the 100-meter are times that will capture the attention of anyone.

Those marks laid down by wide receiver and track star

Anthony Evans III have recently grabbed hold of the focus of both Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken and wide receiver coach Bryan McClendon.

Evans III has been committed to the Arkansas Razorbacks since November of last year. But the speedster from Converse, Texas, has plenty of Georgia ties. This past weekend Evans III visited Athens with important members of his support system. The Class of 2023 receiver headed back to the Lone Star State with an offer from Georgia that will now factor into his recruitment.

UGASports interviewed Evans III before his flight back and has the details from his trip to the Classic City.

"I came up yesterday (Saturday) to watch the scrimmage," Evans III said. "I talked to Coach Monken. I came up here with my mom. She's a big, diehard Georgia fan being that she's from Savannah, Georgia. Maybe last week, I was talking to Quincy Carter. He's actually one of my trainers. He said I should do it, go visit Georgia. He's been telling me that there is no place and no other like Georgia and basically telling me I need to become a dog."

After arriving in Athens and taking in a pass-happy Georgia scrimmage, the speedy receiver got the opportunity to meet with Monken and McClendon.

"Coach McClendon, he basically told me straight up that I had been on his radar for a while," Evans III said. "He loves my game and that I truly fit what he is looking for. He's been telling me that he wants me to make the best decision for me. So did Coach Monken. They were very cool people, very genuine. They kept it real. Coach Monken was saying he was really impressed with my film. Last week was my first time running the 100m since ninth grade. He saw that and said thought 'Oh yead, he can roll.'"

Evans III remains committed to Arkansas, but a return visit to Athens, and maybe even an official visit, could be in the works. If Evans III's mother has anything to say about it, that visit will happen. Evans III recalled the excitement that came over this mother when Georgia extended the offer in person.

"She was in there dancing in the coaches' office last night," Evans III said. "We were up there talking when he (Monken) offered me. She was in there going crazy."

Despite his current commitment, Georgia is going to be an offer to heavily consider going forward for Evans III.

"Definitely," Evans III said. "Especially with the talent that has gone through the University of Georgia, the success they've had, and the history."

Evans III shared that depth at receiver is a concern for McClendon and the Georgia program at this time. The opportunity to make an early impact is part of Georgia's pitch to the newest offeree from Texas. Also, Evans III intends to run track in college as well as play football. That is something that Georgia is well versed in during the Kirby Smart era with Mecole Hardman, Arian Smith, and CJ Smith all participating in both sports at UGA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News