ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Upcoming commitment dates for Arkansas targets

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019

Sam Pittman and his coaching staff are working to solidify the class of 2024, and the Hogs are in on some highly-rated prospects who are coming down to making a decision in the near future.

Last weekend, Arkansas hosted seven recruits on official visits, with two of those having already committed to the Razorbacks.

This coming weekend the team is going to host even more. So far, at least 16 recruits will be on campus to take a closer look at the Arkansas program for the final weekend in June.

Here’s a closer look at which recruits are planning to make their decision in the near future.

Kobe Branham - Offensive Lineman - June 26​

Branham is scheduled to take his official visit to Arkansas this coming weekend and will announce his decision the following Monday on June 26.

The Fort Smith Southside product was on campus last weekend to watch some of his teammates participate in Arkansas’ camp. He has a top 5 of Arkansas, Ole Miss, SMU, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M.

The 6-foot-6, 320-pound guard has taken official visits to Oklahoma State, Ole Miss and SMU earlier this year. He’s also taken a few unofficial visits to Texas A&M.

Arkansas offered Branham during an unofficial visit during one of Arkansas’ Prospect Days on March 11. He said he was at a loss for words when Pittman extended the offer.

"I was speechless, really," Branham said. "He was talking about other stuff then he just said that. I really didn't know what to say."

Branham has received a forecast by HawgBeat to commit to Arkansas.

Kendall Jackson - Defensive Lineman - July 20​

Originally planning for an August commitment, three-star defensive end Kendall Jackson announced Monday that he is pushing his commitment to July 20.

The Gainesville, Florida, native took an official visit to Arkansas the weekend of June 9-11, and he has also been to Kentucky and Florida. Jackson has plans to visit Miami (Florida) this coming weekend.

Jackson said after his official visit to Arkansas he was surprised on his first trip to the Natural State.

"I wasn't really expecting everything that I'd seen," Jackson said. "The coaching staff is great, amazing coaches. Love them a lot. That one visit, they really spoke life into me."

As a junior playing for Buchholz High School last season, Jackson reports he tallied 65 tackles, 22 of those for loss and 12.5 sacks. He intercepted two passes, one of which was returned for a touchdown. He also forced two fumbles and broke up three passes.

While he was somewhat unfamiliar with Arkansas, he was familiar with first-year defensive coordinator Travis Williams, who had recruited Jackson while he was the defensive coordinator at UCF.

"Great coach, love him," Jackson said. "Just a great dude overall. He shows he cares more about the player. He brings them around his house more and just brings them in as family."

CONTINUE READING BY CLICKING HERE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News