ADVERTISEMENT

Why no Jason Collins posts?

RazorbackDundee

Starter
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Call me a bigot/narrow-minded/living in the 50's or what ever. I just know that most guys would love to be in the female locker room and showering with them because it was PC now for that to happen.

I don't give a damn what they do if it does not affect anyone else but it does as it is a locker room with people they are attracted to showering etc.

Why does anyone not address that issue but rather be all concerned with being P.C.?.

What if the school where your daughter went to started co-ed showers because it was P.C.?. I know people will say that is apples and oranges (or way worse lol) but is it really?.

Do we have different showers and locker rooms for gays?. I for one sure as hell would feel very uncomfortable in the showers with a guy that was gay.

I might be totally ignorant because I do not understand it and it may not be the same thing as male/female type attraction?.
The reason I don't know is people are too P.C. to actually discuss it. I would love to know if Homosexuals get the same feelings as a heterosexual would if he was showering with a bunch of females?.

post is out of line IMO. CoEd showers in HIghschol?? really? Come on that IS apples to oranges. Who cares what someones sexuality preference is. Collins was a fine team mate/ person and athlete before he "came out" so now that changes?? GMAFB We will see if it affects his ability to re-sign with another team, but hes 35/36 3rd string Center, so his career might have been close to over any ways

K. thanks. I really thought it is sports related and if people really discussed it it would be way better.

There was a multiple page post removed earlier today because some redneck biggots couldn't help themselves from spewing their ignorance and it got out of hand. It was discussed immediately and at length until the ignorant went too far. So much for your theory.

Originally posted by tcoach24:
There was a multiple page post removed earlier today because some redneck biggots couldn't help themselves from spewing their ignorance and it got out of hand. It was discussed immediately and at length until the ignorant went too far. So much for your theory.
No worries as I really don't know/understand hence me asking. If it is going to keep being swept under the rug then so be it, no sin of my nose.

Near everyone is applauding him for coming out and making public but some asking a question is a taboo subject?.

As to the poster that said it was apples to oranges , is it really?. I don't know if a homosexual would get the same feeling as I would showering with 30 females?.

Originally posted by JABecton:
post is out of line IMO. CoEd showers in HIghschol?? really? Come on that IS apples to oranges. Who cares what someones sexuality preference is. Collins was a fine team mate/ person and athlete before he "came out" so now that changes?? GMAFB We will see if it affects his ability to re-sign with another team, but hes 35/36 3rd string Center, so his career might have been close to over any ways
Post is out of context for this board but it is not out of line. He states his opinion which he is entitled to and then asks a valid question. He didnt say HighSchool he said if your daughter were in school. What if your daughter was in college playing sports with the same situation? As for apples to oranges I disagree. The obvious call out would be that boys in most cases can overpower girls. What if one of the gay guys was say 6'3 330 lbs? Doesnt mean anything at all would happen but the same scenario is valid. Why can we not have valid discussions on ANY topic anymore without both sides lining up to burn the other side to the ground? Just so tired of the way we huddle people into groups and tell them to stay in their own circle.

Originally posted by RazorbackDundee:

As to the poster that said it was apples to oranges , is it really?. I don't know if a homosexual would get the same feeling as I would showering with 30 females?.
How do you think the daughters of those girls would feel if their HS went to co-ed showers? That's not even apples and oranges. It's apples and melons.

For the record (not that it matters), I didn't move the original Jason Collins thread. I think it's sports related and worth talking about. I mean, it's 2013.

But there are some who revert to name-calling and hate simply because it is a very strong subject.

This thread will most likely end up there for the same reasons. Sad that we can't talk about it in a calm manner but that's the world we're in.

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:

Post is out of context for this board but it is not out of line. He states his opinion which he is entitled to and then asks a valid question. He didnt say HighSchool he said if your daughter were in school. What if your daughter was in college playing sports with the same situation? As for apples to oranges I disagree. The obvious call out would be that boys in most cases can overpower girls. What if one of the gay guys was say 6'3 330 lbs? Doesnt mean anything at all would happen but the same scenario is valid. Why can we not have valid discussions on ANY topic anymore without both sides lining up to burn the other side to the ground? Just so tired of the way we huddle people into groups and tell them to stay in their own circle.
What's happening is that you are defending a way of looking at the subject that many people view as outdated. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I think most of your posts on the subject indicate that you're pretty uncomfortable with gay people playing sports with straight people and engaging in the same locker room activities as straight people. I'm not trying to insult you for thinking that way, but you have to realize that people don't accept that anymore. You can complain that nobody will have a decent conversation with you about it, but it's because it's so obviously wrong to discriminate in any way that it's embarrassing to entertain the notions that you are certain to come up with.

I realize that after reading this that you probably still aren't going to get what I'm saying. You're going to think that it isn't fair that gay people get to say their piece and you don't get to say yours. But that's the way this works.

Originally posted by titanhawg:
Why is everyone scared of that question?
Afraid of what other people will say or call them if they dont fully agree. It seems the first amendment is only applicable if you agree 100% with not only the current social hot topics but also with how they are organized by their associated lobby groups.

Why cant people just think for themselves and not have to be told what to say or how to say it?

We are all born with sin but as long as we repent before The Lord all will be forgiven, except for gays!!!! Their sin is different!!!!' They choose to be gay!!!! I don't choose to sin!!!!! I can't help it, I was born with it!!!!! Their sin is different!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by gbbaber:

Originally posted by BOSSHOGFREE:

What's happening is that you are defending a way of looking at the subject that many people view as outdated. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I think most of your posts on the subject indicate that you're pretty uncomfortable with gay people playing sports with straight people and engaging in the same locker room activities as straight people. I'm not trying to insult you for thinking that way, but you have to realize that people don't accept that anymore. You can complain that nobody will have a decent conversation with you about it, but it's because it's so obviously wrong to discriminate in any way that it's embarrassing to entertain the notions that you are certain to come up with.

I realize that after reading this that you probably still aren't going to get what I'm saying. You're going to think that it isn't fair that gay people get to say their piece and you don't get to say yours. But that's the way this works.
My way isnt the old way but it isnt todays way either. What to people think Gay people are just going to go away? I have no want for that to even be discussed let alone forced upon anyone. I simply asked questions that deserve to be answered before a total movement on the subject is made. Because it is only a matter of time before this topic IS landing directly on high Schools in a public manor.

And in NO WAY is is discriminatory to ask the question with honest intentions in an obvious goodly intended manor as Dundee and I have. To say that there are no questions to be asked and no answers to be given regarding putting young people in potentialy sexually pressure packed situation is asinine at worst and simply oblivious at best.

Why would anyone not welcome open exchange on a topic that has been forced into closed doors for so long unless they had an agenda to push?

Originally posted by Charlie B Barkin:
We are all born with sin but as long as we repent before The Lord all will be forgiven, except for gays!!!! Their sin is different!!!!' They choose to be gay!!!! I don't choose to sin!!!!! I can't help it, I was born with it!!!!! Their sin is different!!!!!!!!
Aaaaaaannnnd we're off to the Grim Bottom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT