ADVERTISEMENT

Will Bob Costas now call for prohibition and ...

BOSSHOGFREE

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 22, 2005
The federal government mandating public transit and the removal of private transportation? Or was it just a stupid decision by a single person? What do ya think Bob.......

This post was edited on 12/9 11:07 AM by BOSSHOGFREE

He is also scheduled to call for knives to be banned because people are being stabbed to death.

Forks and spoons are next because they make people fat.

Following that, pens and pencils will go because people can't spell right!

Wow and all this time I thought I was just terrible at spelling. Its the inadequate pens, pencils, and key boards fault. You know they say the pen is mightier than the sword. LOL!!!

Originally posted by Luke Matheson:

Following that, pens and pencils will go because people can't spell right!

I'm not saying Costas was right one way or the other... but you're giving false analogies for an argument. In other words, it's a bad argument.

Originally posted by PsyDHog:
Alcohol is the problem and I imagine he recognizes that.
Wrong. Irresponsibly is the problem. People and nothing else are responsible for their actions.

Originally posted by JuJu HAWGshaw:
Wrong. Irresponsibly is the problem. People and nothing else are responsible for their actions.
Wrong. In this analogy it is alcohol. In both incidents it is human action.

Originally posted by g&h hog:
You right Boss! I think he should be fired for his comments!
So you're saying you believe in the right to bear arms but not in the right of free speech?

Extremism is extremism no matter which part of the political spectrum you are on. It's just as bad to be one way as it is the other.

That being said, how does what Costas say effect me and my personal life? It doesn't. Haven't given it second thought until I saw this thread. Regardless of whether I agree or disagree with him, I get to chose how I feel and react to the world around me and to those who's opinions are different, or are the same as mine. I chose not to let someone that has no significance in my life rent space in my head (other than this post), and believe what I believe regardless.

I don't think anyone is interested in taking your guns away Shane. Maybe your automatic rifles and pistols, the ones that serve zero purpose except to kill. But your hunting weapons will be OK. For now. Rednecks.

The basic analogy of the OP is flawed. The primary purpose of vehicles is to transport people or things from point A to point
B, while the primary purpose of handguns is to kill people. Death is not the intended result of the use of a vehicle, but it is precisely the intended result of use of a handgun. Bound to be a better analogy out there.

Costas laid blame on the gun. Thus the reason the OP has made the post in the way he has.

Costas laid blame on the gun. Thus the reason the OP has made the post in the way he has.
My point is that based on further discussion his issue is with legislation. Therefore, alcohol legislation and DUI/DWI laws would be the focus here for Costas (in an analogy). The OP's sarcasm was not lost on me.

My point is that based on further discussion his issue is with legislation. Therefore, alcohol legislation and DUI/DWI laws would be the focus here for Costas (in an analogy). The OP's sarcasm was not lost on me.
I think the OP was refering to Bob being an idiot more than the point of legislation, I mean it takes idiotic people to conjure idiotic legislation. But,Ok, defer to the substance or object. Anything to take the focus off of the person. People do stupid things always have and they always will. You can't legislate that.

I think the OP was refering to Bob being an idiot more than the point of legislation, I mean it takes idiotic people to conjure idiotic legislation. But,Ok, defer to the substance or object. Anything to take the focus off of the person. People do stupid things always have and they always will. You can't legislate that.
Totally agree!!!

Originally posted by YoHogbo:

Originally posted by g&h hog:
You right Boss! I think he should be fired for his comments!
So you're saying you believe in the right to bear arms but not in the right of free speech?
Freedom of speech means the the government cannot retaliate against you for expressing your views. Inother words, you can't be thrown in jail or arrested for saying something...

It does NOT protect you from being fired by your boss for saying something he doesn't agree with. Or, you say something and it hurts his bottom line...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT