ADVERTISEMENT

Wow

HawgsRUs

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2002
Anyone that knows me in person would bust out laughing at the thought of me being racist...but to quote Charles Barkley there are as many black racists as white ones...

I can't believe our President (who I voted for mostly because both candidates sucked balls & felt he was the lesser of two evils) went public with this quote. This doesn't help to heal anything...it only flames it.

Obama also suggested that the outcome of the case could have been different if Martin were white. "If a white male teen would have been involved in this scenario," he said, "both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different."

I realize we don't want to bring politics to the board, and I am certainly not trying to incite a riot...but how can he say "it might have been a different" & then claim the jurys decision was just? If you go looking for racism everytime you walk down the street...or in a department store...you will probably find it.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/19/19563211-obama-trayvon-martin-could-have-been-me-35-years-ago?lite

Did he have his teleprompter in front of him when he made these remarks? If not, I think he spoke from his heart and expressed his personal belief.

I did not vote for him and have not voted for any Democrat since Jimmy Carter in 1976 and I voted for him only because he was a southerner.

Originally posted by Pigasus22:

HRU, I just wanted to say Hi before this topic gets locked or deleted. :)
Hey girl...yah...probably shouldn't have posted it. But this only sets things back, it doesn't help. And that hurts my heart.

Originally posted by HawgsRUs:

Anyone that knows me in person would bust out laughing at the thought of me being racist...but to quote Charles Barkley there are as many black racists as white ones...

I can't believe our President (who I voted for mostly because both candidates sucked balls & felt he was the lesser of two evils) went public with this quote. This doesn't help to heal anything...it only flames it.

Obama also suggested that the outcome of the case could have been different if Martin were white. "If a white male teen would have been involved in this scenario," he said, "both the outcome and the aftermath might have been different."

I realize we don't want to bring politics to the board, and I am certainly not trying to incite a riot...but how can he say "it might have been a different" & then claim the jurys decision was just? If you go looking for racism everytime you walk down the street...or in a department store...you will probably find it.
This is the first time I've seen someone publicly admit they voted for him.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

The whole country is flapping their gums about the outcome, but it's painfully obvious that the vast majority didn't watch the trial. The outcome has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with the fact that the prosecution didn't do their job. Not saying it was easy, but they left the door wide open for the defense to show reasonable doubt. Plain and simple. The media are the ones that are flaming the racism flame, and now the Prez is doing the same. Great.

Originally posted by Jeff38138:

Did he have his teleprompter in front of him when he made these remarks? If not, I think he spoke from his heart and expressed his personal belief.

I did not vote for him and have not voted for any Democrat since Jimmy Carter in 1976 and I voted for him only because he was a southerner.
He did not have it. I watched the whole thing.

I'm still shocked that people are surprised by Obama acting like a fool. He literally brings nothing and never did. I'm not at all surprised by these VERY reckless and detrimental comments.

Bad deal.

Originally posted by StanzDaMan:
The whole country is flapping their gums about the outcome, but it's painfully obvious that the vast majority didn't watch the trial. The outcome has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with the fact that the prosecution didn't do their job. Not saying it was easy, but they left the door wide open for the defense to show reasonable doubt. Plain and simple. The media are the ones that are flaming the racism flame, and now the Prez is doing the same. Great.
EXACTLY...If you want true equality, then the decision was just. If you want special treatment, then the decision was not.

Pretty simple.

If someone is bashing my head into the ground, white/black or otherwise...and I have a gun...you are getting shot.

COULD the Hispanic male who shot the black kid have avoided the confrontation? Absolutely. Was their sufficient evidence to convict or fully exonerate? No, there was not. Hence reasonable doubt.

This was a sad loss...a young man got killed and it didn't need to happen...but it was not a clear case of murder.

Originally posted by HawgsRUs:

Originally posted by Pigasus22:

HRU, I just wanted to say Hi before this topic gets locked or deleted. :)
Hey girl...yah...probably shouldn't have posted it. But this only sets things back, it doesn't help. And that hurts my heart.
Yeah, my heart hurts too, Tony. I'm just so sad. All we can do is our own individual part to be the change in the world that we want to see and to teach our children to do the same.

I find it funny he says we live in a nation of laws and the jury has spoken. We accept it. BUT the AG Holder is gonna investigate?

Hope that's not mackeys picket fence Prez.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I was pretty pissed when I saw the excepts on TV but then watched the speech. What he said, and I paraphrase, was that the African-American community views these things through a different prism due to latent racism in our country. He went so far as to say that he has experienced people locking their car doors when he was in Chicago and walking down the street toward their car.

I didn't vote for President O and don't really think much of him. But, if you watch what he really said - and not the talking heads analyzing what he said, it is hard to disagree with him.

I think we have made a lot of progress in our country but there is still a lot of pain in the black community. That is just the truth unfortunately.

After watching it, I think he did the right thing and sent a good message to the country.

Originally posted by DaxC:
I was pretty pissed when I saw the excepts on TV but then watched the speech. What he said, and I paraphrase, was that the African-American community views these things through a different prism due to latent racism in our country. He went so far as to say that he has experienced people locking their car doors when he was in Chicago and walking down the street toward their car.

I didn't vote for President O and don't really think much of him. But, if you watch what he really said - and not the talking heads analyzing what he said, it is hard to disagree with him.

I think we have made a lot of progress in our country but there is still a lot of pain in the black community. That is just the truth unfortunately.

After watching it, I think he did the right thing and sent a good message to the country.
If I'm on the streets of Chicago...and a 6'5" guy is walking towards my car...I lock the doors too...and I'm really not easy to intimidate...

Stupid statement, IMHO...

@razrback5. Acting like a fool? Lol wow
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

The problem is that 80% of the country will hear it from the media's spin. He should have never addressed it.

Obama is 6'1 and looks like Urkel. You wouldn't lock your door with him walking towards you
smile.r191677.gif

Obama is 6'1 and looks like Urkel. You wouldn't lock your door with him walking towards you
smile.r191677.gif
You seen Urkel lately???

I get your point...its just not a black thing...if you DON'T lock your doors when a stranger approaches you might need to rethink your actions.

smile.r191677.gif
I have to work in Chicago and my doors are always locked! That city is not far behind Detroit.

If you knew me, you wouldn't believe that I would be defending this President. I think that he is an economic trainwreck that we will deal with for 20 year.
But he is the first black President and we have a major race issue that has blown up. He didn't create the issue, didn't ask for it. He had to have a position and I actually think that his statement will sooth some raw emotions. I know that I am in the minority on this one here but I applaud him for standing up.

Originally posted by hogminer:

The problem is that 80% of the country will hear it from the media's spin. He should have never addressed it.

If you knew me, you wouldn't believe that I would be defending this President. I think that he is an economic trainwreck that we will deal with for 20 year.
But he is the first black President and we have a major race issue that has blown up. He didn't create the issue, didn't ask for it. He had to have a position and I actually think that his statement will sooth some raw emotions. I know that I am in the minority on this one here but I applaud him for standing up.

Just debating, ain't hating Dax. I think the issue has been handled very well. Few riots. Not a lot of ultra anger. Now he comes out with this?

I expect race baiters like Jackson & Farrukan capitalizing on this...but not the POTUS. Not well thought out at all. End of term President, so he can say what he wants...and maybe it helps his future appearance fees.

And thanks to the posters in the thread for not turning it into a hate thread. Some very level headed responses on both sides of the issue.

And how is OUR president acting like a fool.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

MLK said he had a dream that his children would be judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. The folks that love to scream racism at every turn see nothing but the color of skin. Obama has made it clear he is one of those.

BO did not have to have a position on the TM/GZ situation. As potus, it does not fall anywhere near his spectrum of responsibility. Everyday in this country there are blacks killing blacks, whites killing whites, blacks killing whites, etc. somewhere. What makes this case more important than any other?

The prez has a law degree and he knows better than to ignore evidence, hide evidence, and skew the truth if justice is to prevail. He has made ridiculous statements, sicked his watchdog(Holder) onto the situation, and has continued to fan the flames since the verdict. And the last thing he wants is truth and justice.

Truth- TM was a thug/punk. He was into drugs, gangsta life, mma, and violence. He had been caught with stolen items in his locker at school(though they were designated as "found" rather than stolen), been in trouble at school numerous times, and was nothing like the innocent looking 12yo the media keeps showing in the pictures.

Zimmerman OTOH, lead a life that made him look anything but a racist when his past is looked into. Much like the misleading pic of TM, the media refused to tell any of the real story of GZ and instead put up a mugshot pic of him, usually next to the pic of 12yo TM. Take the time to look at the crime scene pics. GZ got the crap beat out of him. His face was bloody, the back of his head was busted open, and he was a mess. Those pics haven't had much play in the national media, but they exist. GZ had every right to believe this kid was going to beat him to death.

Under pressure from the WH and the DOJ, lots of background stuff on both men was left out, including the internet rantings from TM that showed him far differently than the sweet little boy we keep hearing about, his history of trouble, and the fact that his innocent sounding skittles and tea were two of 3 ingredients he had described on the internet as the makings of a drug cocktail. By the time the media got done with it, he was just a little kid eating candy that got gunned down by the evil racist for no reason.

Obama knows better. He knows that partial truths are as good(or bad) as lies in pushing his agenda and this case is no different. The only reason this has been blown so far out of proportion is b/c those that DO only see color want it to be. The prez represents the country, not just the parts of it he aligns with. What he has done in this case has been shameful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT