ADVERTISEMENT

You Knew Bielema Was Gone When...

ThePositivePig

Your friendly neighbor when times get tough.
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2017
Curious to see the moment in time when as a fan you realized the end was near.

Should provide perspective on how long fans may have endured the agony of knowing he wasn't going to turn the corner.

For me it wasn't truly until his final season. The reaction of the crowd after Hedlund hit the cross bar after failing to score within the 3 yard line with a "power football scheme" to then have the noise of the upright and groans from the fans send me to my breaking point.

The year before is when it actually happened for me and the TCU game only further solidified things. I'll provide a video clip of what I'm referring to against VT that had me ready for something new..

After spoiling the 24-0 lead against VT I was very concerned.

This celebration by Bielema after winning this review and the reaction of Fuentes I knew we were in trouble. It had the look of the Waterboy scene and Fuentes viewing Bielema's head as a baby.

How Fuentes had to be looking at Bielema. They go into halftime and come out a completely different team. While we acted like we had it made already. The game previously being up 24-0 to Missouri as well. The writing was on the wall going into that off-season.

Even his best season had the losses to Toledo and Texas Tech which could've been avoided had he not focused on Ohio State's weak schedule prior to playing a mid-major from Ohio.

Then likely thinking he was going to run over Kingsbury yet again this time at home. Because the spread teams don't use a fullback and he made an ass of himself at the TXHS coaches event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Honcho
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News