ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

I know jack shit about Asa and his politics and I don’t know if I have ever heard him speak in anything else before Corona but the guy has handled this really well for the state of Arkansas. Direct, clear, and frequent updates. I think he has made a very positive impact during this whole fiasco.

I know jack shit about Asa and his politics and I don’t know if I have ever heard him speak in anything else before Corona but the guy has handled this really well for the state of Arkansas. Direct, clear, and frequent updates. I think he has made a very positive impact during this whole fiasco.
He's doing a helluva lot better job than Stitt over here in Oklahoma

Reactions: Mass31
Don't sell ourselves short there bubba, WE are beating those wimpy projections into a fine pulp

Reactions: Lowcountry Hog
I have absolutely refrained from making any posts that could be construed as political. But I would agree here. And Nate Smith is one of the finest human beings you will ever meet. Cut his teeth as a medical missionary in East Africa. He is actually an ordained minister too.

Reactions: Mass31
he has done a good job of keeping people informed, im just glad he hasn't said anything optimistic

Sad that our media hasn't done this. They're having too much fun picking apart every word Trump says instead of focusing on the real culprits and putting pressure on Congress to start ending our dependence on China.
Much like our dependence on foreign oil, our reliance on China is a national security issue.

As I mentioned in another thread I’m hopeful that this horrific episode in our history will make us re-evaluate our relationship with China and look to produce medications/equipment in America.

Trump is such a dullard..... why would anyone spend time picking apart what he says, anyway.

Reactions: NMHOGG
Bloomberg wins the DUH award for today.

082.gif

ummmm, don't know if you heard but nikki has informed us that they know for certain what the projected numbers would be.
This model assumes social distancing through May, I'd love to see the difference in models depending on how long you close

Reactions: HTHog
ummmm, don't know if you heard but nikki has informed us that they know for certain what the projected numbers would be.
Do you not understand that the projection is taking into account our preventative measures...

Do you not understand that the projection is taking into account our preventative measures...
sure I do but what the heck does that have to do with the subject? You're getting all excited and jumping around subjects again like you did the other day.

Reactions: nm33091992
https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Arkansas projected 562 deaths by August, 0 shortages of beds in hospitals.

I think we can be confident this will go down
I’ve been following this site a good bit. It projects 93k total deaths in the US as of today. That’s a big deal.

It also says 31k ventilators needed across the US and 9k in NY. If that’s even close why was Trump ripped by folks for saying he didn’t believe NY needed 40,000 ventilators?

I’ve been following this site a good bit. It projects 93k total deaths in the US as of today. That’s a big deal.

It also says 31k ventilators needed across the US and 9k in NY. If that’s even close why was Trump ripped by folks for saying he didn’t believe NY needed 40,000 ventilators?
You won't hear a peep from them.

Yeah a range of 40,000 to 180k dead. Makes these models hard to pay too much attention to, I'm still guessing we end up under 60k

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Arkansas projected 562 deaths by August, 0 shortages of beds in hospitals.

I think we can be confident this will go down

Another GREAT sign is that thus far, Arkansas ACTUAL hospitalizations as of March 30th were in the 62 range, while that model projected 211 beds required on that same day. Same for here in GA, where the model has the need for beds overstated by over 2x.

This would indicate, to me, that what we are doing is working and we need to keep it up. I would live to be on the a$$ end of this thing finding out that we crushed the models as opposed to the alternative.....

You won't hear a peep from them.
Maybe I’m readying it incorrectly but he was destroyed for saying that. From me looking at the data, it appears Trump would kill thousands if he sent 40k to NY as requested at the expense of other states.

"Yes man, it's already known for certain. You think we're just doing this for shits and giggles? Try another argument cuz this one aint it".
You said we didn't know for certain if the measures are working. Yes, we do know. Please attempt to keep the argument straight if you're going to misquote me

Maybe I’m readying it incorrectly but he was destroyed for saying that. From me looking at the data, it appears Trump would kill thousands if he sent 40k to NY as requested at the expense of other states.
Cuomo is such a joke. Yelling about needing 30,000 ventilators all the while already having a stockpile of them that aren't being used. Then when he gets called on it, has the audacity to say" Well of course we don't need them now, that's what we need in the future".

Well act like it then Mr. Drama king, freaking out and acting as if thousands are going to die if you don't get your ventilators tomorrow.

You said we didn't know for certain if the measures are working. Yes, we do know. Please attempt to keep the argument straight if you're going to misquote me
holy crap you completely misunderstood what I was saying. Now it makes sense why none of your comments to me have made sense.

You said "do you think the numbers would be the same if everything continued as it was?"

To which I responded "those numbers would never be known for certain"

holy crap you completely misunderstood what I was saying. Now it makes sense why none of your comments to me have made sense.
You said you think the measures are too much, I say they're what's keeping the numbers of fatalities down, you disagreed. That's the gist to catch u up

I don't see an issue

I guess you don't see the need to maintain social distancing, got it.

Another GREAT sign is that thus far, Arkansas ACTUAL hospitalizations as of March 30th were in the 62 range, while that model projected 211 beds required on that same day. Same for here in GA, where the model has the need for beds overstated by over 2x.

This would indicate, to me, that what we are doing is working and we need to keep it up. I would live to be on the a$$ end of this thing finding out that we crushed the models as opposed to the alternative.....

Thus the problem in Arkansas, we are not taking preventive measures seriously the same way GA is. You drive by a Lowes here, parking lot full, same for Home Depot, parks, and all the other places that have been limited in other states. We are 4th lowest per captia in the country in testing and have a high percentage of positives compared to other states our size. Once the influx in test results start really coming back for our state, which there are more than 3,500 out there it could look pretty bad. I'm afraid we as a state are really going to see that we should have been more stringent when it comes to social distancing and closing non essential businesses.

You said you think the measures are too much, I say they're what's keeping the numbers of fatalities down, you disagreed. That's the gist to catch u up
still though, you don't know for certain what the numbers would be without the restrictions. It's all a guess at this point but you keep saying that you know what would have happened if the restrictions weren't put in place. Who are you, God? You don't know what those numbers would be. Give us a break.

I guess you don't see the need to maintain social distancing, got it.

Thus the problem in Arkansas, we are not taking preventive measures seriously the same way GA is. You drive by a Lowes here, parking lot full, same for Home Depot, parks, and all the other places that have been limited in other states. We are 4th lowest per captia in the country in testing and have a high percentage of positives compared to other states our size. Once the influx in test results start really coming back for our state, which there are more than 3,500 out there it could look pretty bad. I'm afraid we as a state are really going to see that we should have been more stringent when it comes to social distancing and closing non essential businesses.
Dude Home Depot is full here in Houston too and we have only had 11 deaths out of 7,000,000 people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT