ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

"Overall, a Pew Research Center survey conducted late last year found that about one-in-five Americans (18%) has participated in the food stamp program, formally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. About a quarter (26%) lives in a household with a current or former food stamp recipient.

Of these, about one-in-five (22%) of Democrats say they had received food stamps compared with 10% of Republicans. About 17% of political independents say they have received food stamps."

Like republicans are going to admit to being on food stamps. Surveys also said Trump had no chance at getting elected lol.

You make assumptions that are not in evidence.

You argue by fiat!

Massive study out of Massachusetts just released:
93995816_10201386328833233_8414673941771059200_o.jpg
94143662_10201386328953236_9031256165429805056_o.jpg

TLDR:
  • If you are under the age of 60, you have a 0.1% chance of being HOSPITIALIZED!!! if you are infected.
    • [(1+9+20+31+55)/100,000]*100
  • If you are under 80, you have a 0.114% chance of dying...if you get the disease...
    • [(0+0+1+2+6+22+83)/100,000]*100
@jdm889010 @hpharri1994 @HogPocket9455 @mcbmd @nikkichavanelle ...am I reading these numbers incorrectly? TIA.
Yeah, I'm not sure how that rate per 100,000 is being calculated. If you look at the numbers on their website, there have been 23,710 documented cases in patients under 60. The numbers you posted indicate 1098 hospitalizations in patients under 60. By my math that indicates that 4% of patients <60 w/ documented infection end up hospitalized. So I'm not sure how they are calculating that rate per 100k.

Edit: Again, risk of hospitalization/death is low in those <60. But 4% seems more accurate than 0.1%.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that rate per 100,000 is being calculated. If you look at the numbers on their website, there have been 23,710 documented cases in patients under 60. The numbers you posted indicate 1098 hospitalizations in patients under 60. By my math that indicates that 4% of patients <60 w/ documented infection end up hospitalized. So I'm not sure how they are calculating that rate per 100k.

Edit: Again, risk of hospitalization/death is low in those <60. But 4% seems more accurate than 0.1%.
Perhaps the wording is really shitty. I wonder if they are doing by MA population?

Massive study out of Massachusetts just released:
93995816_10201386328833233_8414673941771059200_o.jpg
94143662_10201386328953236_9031256165429805056_o.jpg

TLDR:
  • If you are under the age of 60, you have a 0.1% chance of being HOSPITIALIZED!!! if you are infected.
    • [(1+9+20+31+55)/100,000]*100
  • If you are under 80, you have a 0.114% chance of dying...if you get the disease...
    • [(0+0+1+2+6+22+83)/100,000]*100
@jdm889010 @hpharri1994 @HogPocket9455 @mcbmd @nikkichavanelle ...am I reading these numbers incorrectly? TIA.

Yeah, but what are the numbers for the 18-65 age group?

Republicans are the biggest welfare queens, bleeding heart libs just want you to be okay.

https://www.businessinsider.com/red-states-are-welfare-queens-2011-8

This is a silly argument made by people who have no justification for their liberal views or their disdain of Republicans and/or rural people.

For one, federal highway spending is included. Those are not dollars from which the states solely benefit. Interstate commerce in net donor states would be adversely affected without highway funds being spent in areas with low population density.

Second, income is generally lower in those net recipient states. So even though the states may be receiving more funding from the government, they aren't exactly sharing in the bounty of the country equally as compared to many of the net donor states.

Agricultural subsidies and expenditures also make up a large portion of the government expenditures. Let's see how well some of the population centers do without the food that states in the south and midwest provide. Part of the deal for the states to function well together includes sending resources from areas that have an abundance to areas that are lacking.

Finally, let's assume for a second that the premise of the article is correct. Even if this is all about true welfare spending, it only makes sense that people who are not receiving government aid in states with an abundance of people who do get it will be more bothered by the process. When you see a lot of examples around you on a daily basis of people who are getting by on the goodness of the government rather than their own labor, it bothers you more than it would someone who doesn't see tangible examples of the abuses of social programs.

The bottom line is that this article that you found from nearly ten years ago makes a generalization that only the truly simple minded find compelling.

Yeah, but what are the numbers for the 18-65 age group?
I know you were joking...but I thought I'd do a deeper dive since I didn't like how they worded things.

Data:
94196707_10201386777644453_4099255381602074624_o.jpg

Noteworthy Charts:
94032781_10201386774084364_6770322700062687232_o.jpg

94638404_10201386774324370_727996707563896832_o.jpg
94078669_10201386773884359_1239478139436924928_n.jpg

TLDR:
  • If you are under the age of 60, have no pre-existing conditions, and have COVID-19: you have a 0.0089% chance of dying.
  • Neat thing about this study is it noted only 27% of hospitilized patients needed the ICU
  • Massachusetts, the number three state in terms of total cases/million population, does not have a region whose medical facilities are more than 58% in use
Thanks for pointing out the inconsistencies, @mcbmd

I know you were joking...but I thought I'd do a deeper dive since I didn't like how they worded things.

Data:
94196707_10201386777644453_4099255381602074624_o.jpg

Noteworthy Charts:
94032781_10201386774084364_6770322700062687232_o.jpg

94638404_10201386774324370_727996707563896832_o.jpg
94078669_10201386773884359_1239478139436924928_n.jpg

TLDR:
  • If you are under the age of 60, have no pre-existing conditions, and have COVID-19: you have a 0.0089% chance of dying.
  • Neat thing about this study is it noted only 27% of hospitilized patients needed the ICU
  • Massachusetts, the number three state in terms of total cases/million population, does not have a region whose medical facilities are more than 58% in use
Thanks for pointing out the inconsistencies, @mcbmd
Since these stats include surge capacity, there are likely hospitals way above 58% in capacity/use. Like saying a restaurant that's full but has more tables and chairs in storage isn't operating at full capacity. Other than that v solid breakdown

Reactions: PorkshankRedemption
So the liberal mainstream media is now saying that the REPUBLICAN led Senate Intelligence Committee has now concluded that the intelligence community was correct in their assessment that Putin and Russia interfered on Trump's behalf in the 2016 election.

In before all of the "LOL" replies.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...ssessment-about-russian-interference-n1188696
It’s odd, Trumps name was not mentioned one time in the findings. Just that they agreed with the manner they obtained the information.

Here the link to the report as there’s no way NBC is going to report without emotion.

Reactions: DirkPiggler
So the liberal mainstream media is now saying that the REPUBLICAN led Senate Intelligence Committee has now concluded that the intelligence community was correct in their assessment that Putin and Russia interfered on Trump's behalf in the 2016 election.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...ssessment-about-russian-interference-n1188696

I don't think a single person has said that the Russians didn't try to interfere in the elections. They have been doing that since probably FDR. We do it in other countries' elections as well.

Where leftists and never Trumpers show their ignorance or their irrationality is when they assume Trump was a willing participant, or that there was any collusion between his campaign and any foreign entity. This is why you can't trust any partisans. They automatically ascribe the worst possible motives to their opponents, and the best to those they support, regardless of consideration of actual facts. Then they take any information, regardless of credibility, as actual fact as long as it feeds their confirmation bias, while ignoring information that may have more factual basis if it contradicts their point of view.

The only interference that article said, was to "discredit" HRC. Even, the almighty one, Obama said the Russians were interfering, (probably by providing the dossier) and he chuckled at the thought.

So the real question is, how CVNTY did the Russians make HRC appear? I personally believe they made her marginally CVNTY, meanwhile she took most of it to heart and did the majority on her own.

Also, the Russians were known to make her appear to be ill and only have 2-3 dozen people at rallies. While BDD was filling up arenas up to 2 times daily.

Reactions: hawgclucker
It’s odd, Trumps name was not mentioned one time in the findings. Just that they agreed with the manner they obtained the information.

Here the link to the report as there’s no way NBC is going to report without emotion.

Actually the link to the report was in the NBC article. They weren't trying to hide it. Most of it is redacted so it would be difficult for the general public to know who was named and who wasn't. I guess we just have to believe the GOP committee, CIA, and NSA instead of the Bolsheviks.

Actually the link to the report was in the NBC article. They weren't trying to hide it. Most of it is redacted so it would be difficult for the general public to know who was named and who wasn't. I guess we just have to believe the GOP committee, CIA, and NSA instead of the Bolsheviks.
I know, that's where I found it. I wasn't saying they were hiding the report, I was saying they would make comments on the report that were biased towards their opinions.

I don't think a single person has said that the Russians didn't try to interfere in the elections. They have been doing that since probably FDR. We do it in other countries' elections as well.

Where leftists and never Trumpers show their ignorance or their irrationality is when they assume Trump was a willing participant, or that there was any collusion between his campaign and any foreign entity. This is why you can't trust any partisans. They automatically ascribe the worst possible motives to their opponents, and the best to those they support, regardless of consideration of actual facts. Then they take any information, regardless of credibility, as actual fact as long as it feeds their confirmation bias, while ignoring information that may have more factual basis if it contradicts their point of view.

'if its what i think it is we ll love it' Don Jr

Wikileaks, we love wikileaks

"if another country come with information...you gotta listen...i think...dont you, you gotta listen I would' dumb**** in chief

"Russia if you are listening i hope you find the 30000 emails" again dumb**** in chief

I just talked with, Im standing here with...Putin, he said its not them....tell you one thing....i dont know why it would be them' on the world stage dumb**** takes Putin side over his own administration

psst Russian ambassador in the oval office, here's some top secret information on Israeli operations within Syria that i just stupidly dropped during casual conversation.

Trump's a moron and a sheep when it comes to Russia and Putin

"if another country come with information...you gotta listen...i think...dont you, you gotta listen I would' dumb**** in chief

"Russia if you are listening i hope you find the 30000 emails" again dumb**** in chief

I just talked with, Im standing here with...Putin, he said its not them....tell you one thing....i dont know why it would be them' on the world stage dumb**** takes Putin side over his own administration

psst Russian ambassador in the oval office, here's some top secret information on Israeli operations within Syria that i just stupidly dropped during casual conversation.

You have posted some groundbreaking stuff that I haven’t seen about Trump and Russia.

Reactions: BossHog1419

Wow. Convict him already.

Reactions: BossHog1419

7045900943_5761208e4f_z.jpg

This is groundbreaking!!! Quick call the people in Washington and let them know.

Thoughts on the great divider in chief telling Putin he wiuld have more flexibility once he was out of office?

Scott, do u not know that the dossier info came from either the Russian’s or Ukrainians? 2nd the repubs in Congress actually believed the dossier and McCain was one of the people that spread the info, so I don’t trust the dumb the dumb repubs and mainly ole Lindsey. He had to be in the know about what McCain was doing and probably helped. So In essence mainstream repubs were part of the coup

Last edited:
I'm sure you're going to love this @HTHog:
I feel like I'm watching a Disney show every time she speaks. She's talks like she's 12. This brilliant decision comes on the heels of back to back days with ZERO DEATHS and the lowest number of new cases, only 20, since it all started.

She's just trying to stay relevant. Abbott's upcoming exec order will supercede this stupid decision just like it did when she tried to free all of the jail inmates last month. She's a product of widespread straight ticket voting by the Democrats. She was elected when she was 27 years old. Here is her resume after she graduated college before being elected.
She moved to Thailand where she worked for the Internews Network, an international non-profit dedicated to training journalists and advocating for press freedom. After returning to the United States from Thailand, she worked as a medical interpreter at the Texas Medical Center in Houston and volunteered for the Texas Civil Rights Project.

That's it. Had never even attended a Commissioner Court's meeting before being elected. And then the democrat dummies elected her.

So the Cliffs is............. crowded rooms breed more respiratory infections than being outdoors does. Color me socked. What's next with these brilliant Canadians, they gonna tell us the Sun is hot?
Honestly, I don’t even read these things I post. I just see it and post.

Other than not being able to go on a quick weekend trip, vacation, or gym, this virus hasn’t stopped me from much.

Reactions: HTHog and hawgn02
No, I don't know that and neither do you. I don't get all of my news from Sean Hannity like you and the President do.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...nd_zero_for_russia_collusion_hoax_141479.html......https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/who-glenn-simpson-n786321.... umm ya I do sorta know when u follow the facts. And I’m pretty sure Hannity said the facts didn’t line up with the accusations from the beginning, and he proved to be right. But keep regurgitating the propaganda of fakenews and Dems and that helps u.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT