ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2022 prospect to keep an eye on

AlexTrader

Recruiting Analyst
Jun 25, 2021
We're beyond the midway point in the 2021 season, and with that comes prime "flipping time" for the 2022 class. There are some rumblings that Arkansas may be in the mix of trying to sway defensive end Curlee Thomas IV back into the mix. Thomas, who committed to Cal back in June, was offered by Arkansas but the team moved on over the summer. Even after committing to the Golden Bears Thomas had planned an official visit to Fayetteville but was unable to attend due to extenuating circumstances. The hometown prospect says he largely lost contact with the staff after that.

"Being born in Pine Bluff I’ve always had interest," Thomas said. "I believe the communication kinda fell off after I wasn’t able to attend the OV"

With Sam Pittman's staff rumored to be going through a change of heart, it'll be interesting to see what may come out of turning up the heat. As well as being born in Pine Bluff, Thomas lines up opposite of major 2023 target Kaleb James at Nolan Catholic (Texas). With James picking up two FutureCasts to Arkansas this week and scholarships opening up in the '22 class, the staff may be looking to find a two-for-one in Fort Worth.

Though nothing is set in stone, Thomas was interested in the idea of making a visit later in the season. As far as his thoughts on the possibility of a flip, he wants to keep all options on the table.

"I’m open to any opportunity God provides me," Thomas said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News