ADVERTISEMENT

Allen

True nuff. Has guts for sure. Now here is the question, is an injured BA better than a healthy AA? If so, then the coaches did not do a good job of preparing AA. I'm not sure a healthy BA can put the team on his shoulders to win a game. I hope the dual threat freshman we signed last year out of MO hangs around next year to compete. Mizzu is the better team. They made a lot of mistakes and won. Hogs have to be virtually perfect to win.

Honestly, your team is talented and probably the hardest hitting team we faced. You're gonna be a force next year. Your QB showed a lot of guts.

What killed us was in the first half, we completely dominated them but only led 14-6 at half. We were up 14-3 with 5 min til half with the ball around the 50, a chance to go up 21-3 and then getting the ball to start the 2nd half with the chance to be up 28-3. We simply didn't put them away when we had the chance and they came out and dominated us in the 2nd half. I think we win if BA was healthy. I really think the injury tightened up on him or something at half. He started 7-10 and finished 13-30, that means 6-20 over the last part of the game including only 1 completion in the 3rd quarter and the throws weren't even close. Big picture though is that the program's rebuild is way ahead of schedule and headed in the right direction.
WPS

He should have been replaced, it was obvious he was hurting too much to throw accurately. Also, our lack of depth on def really showed up in the second half. Hopefully that will be fixed with some of the incoming class being able to contribute.

CBB said he asked BA if he could go and he said he could even though his accuracy was way off and he was showing pain. When a player is selfish and a coach can't make a head coaching decision for the good of the team, then we have a problem! Don't get me wrong, I love and admire both but this is a team sport and you do things for the good of the team.

Originally posted by Count Hogula:

He should have been replaced, it was obvious he was hurting too much to throw accurately. Also, our lack of depth on def really showed up in the second half. Hopefully that will be fixed with some of the incoming class being able to contribute.
You are absolutely right and that is not a shot at Brandon Allen. A competitor is always going to insist to stay in a game if he can breath. It's the Coaches responsibility to pull him and have a backup ready to play. Coach B has no balls in this regard. Either that or our backups are far from ready and that is also on the coaches.

Coach Petrino's third string QB came off the bench yesterday to throw for a ton of yards and won them the game.
That's how you coach your QB's! I remember Tyler coming off the bench and throwing for 300 yards against Auburn. That is how you prepare a team.

Brandon is a warrior and shouldn't want to come out of the game but when he is overthrowing wide open receivers by 5 yards then it was time. He played horrifically in the second half and that was the difference in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT