ADVERTISEMENT

Almost scammed.........Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumleehog

Letterman
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
I've been looking for some tickets to the Bama game and put my email up on the ticket exchange. I got an email from a gentleman about 6 season tickets in section 104 lower level 50 yd line pretty much, needless to say I thought they were too good to be true, but he told me his dad had been a professor at the UA and they had season tickets for nearly 40 years. I agreed to buy the tickets and he told me he would fedex them overnight and then stuff started getting weird. This guy gave me a different last name than his email stated, called from an unknown number and would not give me a phone number and wanted me to moneygram the funds saying tomorrow when I received my package that all I had to do is send the receipt with the confirmation number so he could access the funds. He tried to pressure me into not talking to the customer service rep which I did anyway, and she informed me that all he needed was my name and phone number which he already had, to mail the tickets, and he could get the money confirmation number or not. I told him to forget it like I should have in the first place. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is, I just can't believe how close I came to getting suckered for big bucks off of our very own ticket exchange.

Wow, glad you didn't get the shaft. What a Jackleg that dude is. Just proves that you gotta be smart and skeptical, there are some REALLY shifty people out there. Thanks for sharing the story, it just may help someone else out.

Never buy stuff with Western Union or Moneygram. Its almost always a scam. I always insist on buying tickets face to face with cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT