ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas Baseball (Hogs/HS/Recruiting)

PorkRyan12

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2005
Grant Koch is the best pure hitter on this team, imo. We overcaught him due to Gosser's injury and it killed his production at the plate. Now that he is rested he is showing what he can do. We need Gates and Arledge to get going at the plate and I think we can make a deep run in the tournament. Pitching is looking better by the weekend. Knight has still been good but not as sharp as he was early. Stephan has been dominant of late and Taco gave us hope on Sunday. We haven't seen that velocity from him since he has been on campus. Reindl is hot or cold but you can usually tell in about 4 pitches. Kopps has been very dependable in his last few outings. Maybe I am a homer but this is the best I have felt about this team all season. I couldn't enjoy the early success due to the bullpen issues. It's still not great, but it's the best it has been all year. This team cannot take an early loss in a regional and play through the loser bracket. We don't have the depth for that.

7A final will be Cabot vs Har-Ber. Har-Ber will throw 2019 Hog commit Blake Adams. Cabot has been the best team in 7A all season. They have 2017 hog commit Evan Hooper and two young stars in the 2020 class.

6A will be Sheridan vs Jonesboro. I'm sure Jonesboro will throw 2019 recruit Zane Ryne Neves and Sheridan will go with 2018 recruit Tyler Cleveland. Cleveland 1 hit my Greenwood Bulldogs today.

5A will be Vilonia vs defending champs Magnolia. Don't know much about either team. I was hoping for a Greenbrier vs LR Christian match up to see the Hog recruits and commits play.

2020 class in state is just ridiculous. Four kids already have offers to Arkansas and at least 5 others have D1 offers. For comparison the 2019 class has two kids with Arkansas offers and two others with D1 offers. On top of that the 2020 class in Oklahoma is even more impressive. Razorback recruit and top 50 player DJ Fulton threw a CG to win the 6A title as a Freshman. Nate Wohlgemuth is the #1 player in the country according to PBR. Jace Bohrofen is ranked in the top 25. All have offers. When the in state classes are good, we go to the CWS. 2018 and 2020 in state classes look great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News