ADVERTISEMENT

Arkansas HS Football State Championships - Pick Em - 4A, 3A, 2A

jegreenwood

Rumor Accuracy - .01% - Good at Food Recs though
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2017
Fort Boogie, TX
The last weekend of high school football is upon us, and it is going to be a COLD one!

4A: Arkadelphia vs Robinson

2019 DE Zach Williams and the Joe T Senators, take on the defending state champs, Arkadelphia Badgers. The game will be played in the evening slot, on Saturday. Going to be a very interesting game, as Arkadelphia got off to a very slow start to the year.. but has rattled off 9 straight Ws, after losing their first 5 games of the season. Robinson has already beat Arkadelphia once, in a blowout. I think this one might be a little closer than the initial meeting. Going to be very cold, and very wet.

3A: Booneville vs Osceola

Saturday noon game, as Booneville and Osceola meet up at WMS for the 3A title game. Booneville is coming in undefeated after beating 3A favorite, Prescott, last week. Osceola beat the state's top 3A regular season team, Smackover, in the quarter finals.. then beat 2019 ATH Malik Chavis and Rison in the semis. Going to be a great game, with Booneville's power and Osceola's speed. First title game for Osceola, in 20+ years. The whole town will be in attendance, no doubt!

2A: Junction City vs Hazen

2A juggernaut, Junction City, meets up with top 2020 in-state recruit, Blayne Toll and the Hazen Hornets. This is an intriguing match up, to me at least, because I don't think Junction has a kid that can tackle the giant Toll. Mt. Ida has a bunch of BIG boys, and they couldn't seem to slow down Toll and the Hornet rushing attack. Both teams are very run heavy, which should benefit them with the rain and cold in the forecast. Like @SpudM70 had mentioned before, JC is very deep and doesn't have many kids that play both ways. That might be the deciding factor in this one, because I feel like Hazen is probably the better team.. but they have 75% of their starters play both ways. Might be a little fatiguing.. especially playing a team as fast as JC is. Hazen is 14-0 this season, while outscoring their opponents 41-7, on average :eek:. Anyone that hasn't seen Toll play yet, should go pay the $10 and watch the giant roll. The offense isn't a great reflection of what his QB abilities are (they run the ball A LOT. Mostly out of the gun, but I feel like I have seen them in some triple option sets, recently.) Toll is absolute UNIT, and very hard to bring down. Truly a man among boys, in 2A.

I am going with the following:

Robinson 28
Delph 20

Osceola 33
Booneville 27

Hazen 40
Junction 34

Reactions: gohawgsgo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series