ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Arkansas leaves solid impression on 2023 4-star OL

AlexTrader

Recruiting Analyst
Jun 25, 2021

A final game in Razorback Stadium to close out the 2021 regular season meant one more opportunity for Arkansas to show recruits what they might be missing on the Hill.

One such visitor was Rock Island, Ill., offensive tackle Charles Jagusah. The four-star offensive lineman picked up an offer from the Razorbacks back in October and was able to make his first trip to Fayetteville for the Razorbacks' season finale.

“I had a lot of fun, you can tell that everyone there is super invested in their tradition,” Jagusah said. “I didn’t get to see much of the city itself, but I’m hoping to get back up sometime and get a better sense of Fayetteville.”

While the gameday atmosphere left its mark on Jagusah, the chaos of a holiday weekend limited his ability to see what the university has to offer away from the football field. With no immediate plans for another visit, he's "really just hoping to see more of the campus."

As far as what he did gather from the Razorbacks' 34-17 win Missouri in the Battle Line Rivalry, Sam Pittman was a clear area of focus for the 6-foot-6 tackle.

“He’s done a really good job turning around the program, especially within the short amount of time he’s done it,” Jagusah said.

“Obviously, I want to win but as of right now it’s not so much about the record this season and more about how well they can develop me and get me around other guys that want to be great.”

That belief bodes well for the Razorbacks, who recently added their fourth commitment in the 2023 class in Anthony Evans III.

With Evans joining four-star tight end Shamar Easter and three-stars Joey Su'a and Jaden Hamm, the class is currently fifth in Rivals' team rankings.

As solid as Arkansas' 2023 class is looking, the Hogs will have some major competition for Jagusah from around the country. An offer sheet that consists of Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Wisconsin will prove a tall task for any coach to come out of on top, but Jagusah holds the Razorbacks in high esteem.

“I’m really (not) too sure, especially just because of how much everything changes, but they’re definitely up there,” Jagusah said, when asked where Arkansas stacks up so far.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News