ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari says UK, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, UGA are top 5 jobs in SEC

Italian Arkie

IT Guy Extraordinaire
Dec 5, 2017
Reposting from SECRant:

“Georgia’s a great job in our league. They have everything. Great location, facilities, academics. I think it’s one of the top 3 jobs in our league. Great town. It’s close to Atlanta. They’ve redone all the facilities. Tom’s going to do a great job there.”

Calipari was then asked what the second best job in the league is, with the assumption obviously being that Kentucky ranks first.

“I think Florida, Tennessee and Arkansas are all great jobs. They are the second best jobs, any of them can be number two, depending on fit. If you have a guy like Rick Barnes at Tennessee or some of the great coaches Arkansas and Florida have had and have they can jump up and be great jobs. All of them have the support and ability to win a national championship with the right fit, so it’s hard for me to single one of those three out. I’ve been friends with Rick for 30 years, we talk every week. I told him Tennessee was a great job when the deal with Texas happened. I wish I hadn’t said anything now. He beat me three straight times so I shouldn’t have said anything. But it makes the league better. Florida’s a great job too and Arkansas is unbelievable every time we go there.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News