ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Checking in with four-star Bryant defensive end TJ Lindsey

masonchoate

Publisher
Staff
Sep 1, 2021

Head coach Sam Pittman and the Arkansas Razorbacks locked down two priority in-state prospects on Friday when four-stars Courtney Crutchfield and Charleston Collins committed to the Hogs.

There is still work to be done in the class, though, especially in the state of Arkansas. Three four stars remain uncommitted with the Razorbacks still on their list, including Bryant four-star defensive end TJ Lindsey.

The 6-foot-5, 265-pound edge rusher told HawgBeat that he talked with Collins and Crutchfield on Sunday.

"Me and Charlie was one FaceTime yesterday and Courtney told me we can turn the city up," Lindsey said. "I was like 'Yeah, maybe.' When we talk, we really don't ever talk about football. That's all we do, so we just talk normal."

While Lindsey has his own decision to make, he did get the point across that he's happy for Crutchfield and Collins.

"I'm happy for them," Lindsey said. "Those are my guys. I've known Courtney forever. Like forever. We've been hooping against each other since like the second or third grade. Charlie, that's my guy too. I think it's a good fit for both of them. And it's definitely helping out Arkansas getting high recruits like them."

Lindsey did send out a tweet on Saturday while on an unofficial visit to Notre Dame saying "the hill looking good...stay home?" seemingly in reference to Collins and Crutchfield committing.

The last time the Bryant High School product was on campus was back on March 16 for an unofficial visit, when he was able to check out Arkansas' spring practice and chat with Pittman.

"I went during a spring practice," Lindsey said. "I think they were scrimmaging. I just got to see coach (Deke) Adams coach. I got to talk with coach Pittman for like an hour in his office. Just talked to some of the players a little bit before and that was it."

Defensive line coach Deke Adams received a raise and signed a two-year contract extension over the offseason, making him Arkansas' first retained defensive line coach since 2018-19, when Steve Caldwell held the position under the Chad Morris regime.

Adams signed his extension and got to work on the recruiting trail, where he's landed three 2024 commits so far. On top of the 2024 commits, Adams has helped the Razorbacks land three important transfers on the defensive line for this fall.

"I like coach Adams," Lindsey said. "We've definitely developed a relationship. I think he's a really good coach. Their d-line was amazing last year. I know the team struggled a little bit after they started getting injured, but their d-line was definitely a bright spot."

The recruiting success is not just Adams, though. New defensive coordinator Travis Williams seems to be a player-favorite and it's paying dividends with future prospects.

"I can tell coach Williams is a good, high intensity coach," Lindsey said. "Very passionate from what I saw. I haven't seen him coach too much in a game, but he's pretty good. He seems like one of the people that once you get to know him, he'll care about you a lot."

While Collins and Crutchfield chose to stay home, that doesn't seem to be a big factor in Lindsey's recruitment.

"With me it's really not where it is, it's just what's best," Lindsey said. "Arkansas being in Arkansas is obviously an advantage, but I'm just looking for what's best anywhere."

As far as schools that stand out to for the four-star defensive end, he told HawgBeat seven schools that came to his mind.

"I would definitely say (Texas) A&M, Texas, Auburn, Miami, Michigan, Oregon and Tennessee," Lindsey said.

Lindsey told HawgBeat about three official visits he has set so far. He will hit Auburn the first weekend in June, the second weekend isn't booked yet, the third he will visit Texas A&M and the fourth weekend will be Texas. Lindsey has not set an official visit with Arkansas yet.

So far this spring, Lindsey has checked out Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, LSU, Arkansas, Missouri, SMU, Ole Miss, TCU, Texas A&M and Notre Dame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News