ADVERTISEMENT

Clay Travis: Brilliant...Moron...or both?

That is priceless, the looks on those 2 robots faces. I love the fact the other guy started playing JH as a victim instead if addressing what she did.

Reactions: Lefty8
My wife is very liberal and I am very not, and we both agree that he's on the right side of any argument 99% of the time.

Think about it. What better way to prove you're a first amendment absolutist than to say something controversial on live tv?
It's just genius.

I know he's a "shock jock"...and I like the fact that's he's standing up for the 1st Amendment...but wow...

7ac.jpg

Reactions: LoneStarHog
His morning show runs from 5am - 8am on Fox Sports Radio.

Definitely worth a listen.

Even ripped Bielema pretty extensively twice this week.

Reactions: Camhog
It's just genius.

Like Clay said after the interview, you have to be on a certain playing field to understand the irony behind saying "I believe in the first amendment" and then following that with "and boobs."

He's one of those guys that you have to be halfway intelligent to appreciate, IMO. I don't mean that as disrespect against anyone who can't stand him, but those who like him will get what I'm saying.

Like Clay said after the interview, you have to be on a certain playing field to understand the irony behind saying "I believe in the first amendment" and then following that with "and boobs."

He's one of those guys that you have to be halfway intelligent to appreciate, IMO. I don't mean that as disrespect against anyone who can't stand him, but those who like him will get what I'm saying.
The guy just gets it. It's like he's saying, I love the first amendment and here is why, and the hot chick and the "guy on the left" just couldn't grasp what was going on. It's glorious.

Reactions: Danny West
I know he's a "shock jock"...and I like the fact that's he's standing up for the 1st Amendment...but wow...

Het old the truth. Boobs nourish life. There is a reason why we love them, they bring men comfort. The fact that people cannot handle the truth is evident in this video. He also proved by making that statement, the right he has under the first amendment.

Last edited:
Reactions: GiveEmtheTusk
His obsession with ESPN is getting very old though he needs to move on.
I don't think so at all, but that's obviously just my opinion.

It's potentially the biggest, landscape changing story in sports. It works on multiple levels:

1: ESPN has forgone their base viewership -- 15-35ish males -- in an effort to bring in fringe viewership. Their efforts to bring in more viewers could be the bulk of what brings them down.

2: ESPN has made itself a company of political commentary. Their base viewership is largely conservative and they are quite clearly the opposite. Disney will have a decision to make in the near future about their worth as a voicebox versus their blemishes on the earnings report.

3: They have billions and billions of dollars of broadcast rights committed to several leagues for the next decade and beyond, and their ad/subscription revenue is coming up short. Couple that with the fact that they're losing their 'mailbox money' from passive subscribers, as well as promoting essentially the opposite of whatever their viewership wants, and you have a tenuous situation at best.

All that said, if ESPN fails for any reason, they're taking a lot of what we love with it. Yes, other networks will step up, but it will not be to the degree that we've been spoiled with over the years.

I'm a 27 year old, white, conservative male. I am ESPN's target audience. I used to watch the same SportsCenter three times a day and love it, and I haven't watched a full one since my teens.

The fact that me, and my demographic, don't watch ESPN except when our team is on doesn't bode well for them. And in the broader scheme, it doesn't bode well for sports, either. I think that's a huge story.

His obsession with ESPN is getting very old though he needs to move on.
Probably does but ESPN was quite the topic this week. Why did she spell boobs? Was she just trying to play victim and act offended?

Might have been the most beatiful thing I've ever seen and heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1947hog
I think he's great. Pointing out hypocrisy and trolling the hell out of those people is hilarious.

I don't think so at all, but that's obviously just my opinion.

It's potentially the biggest, landscape changing story in sports. It works on multiple levels:

1: ESPN has forgone their base viewership -- 15-35ish males -- in an effort to bring in fringe viewership. Their efforts to bring in more viewers could be the bulk of what brings them down.

2: ESPN has made itself a company of political commentary. Their base viewership is largely conservative and they are quite clearly the opposite. Disney will have a decision to make in the near future about their worth as a voicebox versus their blemishes on the earnings report.

3: They have billions and billions of dollars of broadcast rights committed to several leagues for the next decade and beyond, and their ad/subscription revenue is coming up short. Couple that with the fact that they're losing their 'mailbox money' from passive subscribers, as well as promoting essentially the opposite of whatever their viewership wants, and you have a tenuous situation at best.

All that said, if ESPN fails for any reason, they're taking a lot of what we love with it. Yes, other networks will step up, but it will not be to the degree that we've been spoiled with over the years.

I'm a 27 year old, white, conservative male. I am ESPN's target audience. I used to watch the same SportsCenter three times a day and love it, and I haven't watched a full one since my teens.

The fact that me, and my demographic, don't watch ESPN except when our team is on doesn't bode well for them. And in the broader scheme, it doesn't bode well for sports, either. I think that's a huge story.
He just comes off as a whiney conservative fox employee after a year of bashing ESPN he rarely even talks about actual sports anymore and I've listened to Clay for years back to his local Nashville show was a fan not so much anymore.

Maybe both.

I lean towards moron, but there is obviously a market for what he does.

He's always been a provocateur. I remember when his main schtick was making fun of redneck/white trash fan bases. We didn't care much for him then. I still don't care for him.

The targets of his ridicule and his audience might have changed, but it's the same basic concept. Be funny, outrageous and insensitive and you'll have people who want to read you.

Reactions: kj0N
He's right about a lot of things especially the BS in Mizzou. He makes broad sweeping generalisations a lot though which is a simple mind person's way of thinking.

The clip is funny. What he said was funny. I think the guy knows exactly what he's doing. He knows that clip will get views and his fans will love that he rattled some cages and was a little uncouth. He's a controversy machine, no differentbtgan someone like Skip Bayless or Stephen A Smith. He's just more interesting. What I don't like about the clip is the decline of intelligent, adult conversation. It's getting harder and harder to have conversations of substance personally or in the media. It's all about getting a clip that can go viral and generate views. CNN knows what they're getting when they book him. They want controversy so they can get viewers. So both parties are getting what they want. But it's sad, the descent of discourse to a more base level. Having said that, I do absolutely love boobs.

The clip is funny. What he said was funny. I think the guy knows exactly what he's doing. He knows that clip will get views and his fans will love that he rattled some cages and was a little uncouth. He's a controversy machine, no differentbtgan someone like Skip Bayless or Stephen A Smith. He's just more interesting. What I don't like about the clip is the decline of intelligent, adult conversation. It's getting harder and harder to have conversations of substance personally or in the media. It's all about getting a clip that can go viral and generate views. CNN knows what they're getting when they book him. They want controversy so they can get viewers. So both parties are getting what they want. But it's sad, the descent of discourse to a more base level. Having said that, I do absolutely love boobs.

Disagree, Thought it was a brilliant piece of work, intelligent, clever and had an abundance of substance. CNN also canceled his upcoming appearance Monday

Reactions: kj0N and tennhog21
This one simple statement "I believe in 2 things fully the first amendment and boobs" he fully exposed the hypocrisy of the average leftist media member as it relates to the 1st amendment. They support the first amendemt except when discussing any topic that makes them feel uncomfortable. Yes there are plenty of hypocrisies on the right as well. But this is one of the most glaring that the left has. As a favorite pundit of mine says often.... "facts don't care about your feelings, they will still be facts"

Last edited:
It was a planned (well thought out) self promotion, just like asking Tebow if he was a virgin. Twitter, the MSM all exploded with coverage of this and Clay got exactly what he wanted.
I must admit, initially, the irony of the situation went over my head but, the reaction from the CNN clone was priceless.
If you want more of this read Man- The Book by CT. It's the perfect bathroom reading companion, nothing put short hilarious quips.

Disagree, Thought it was a brilliant piece of work, intelligent, clever and had an abundance of substance. CNN also canceled his upcoming appearance Monday
I'd say it's clever, not brilliant. I think he's a smart guy who, beneath the shock jock stuff, has some thought provoking content. I don't listen to him admittedly. I'll ocassionally catch a take of his posted here or on the Main Board.

Probably does but ESPN was quite the topic this week. Why did she spell boobs? Was she just trying to play victim and act offended?

Her or the person in her ear, were wanting to make sure they heard him right on boobs.
She also spelled out booze, thinking maybe they misunderstood him.

I just don't understand what they are so surprised by. Clay should have asked the other dude if he likes boobs point blank, I bet he does...so why can't he say it?

Those 2 people are too busy feigning being outrageously offended to even be able to carry on with the conversation. Sums up perfectly what being a liberal has devolved into in 2017.

I don't think it was brilliant. I think he was just doing what he's always done amd just so happened to strike irony gold in a conversation about the 1st amendment, and the 2 half-wits ate it hook line & sinker. Don't have to be brilliant to troll these people

That was great! The look on the faces of the other two were priceless. He knew exactly what he was doing, and it worked like a charm.

I am sure that I am missing something obvious but if this was an attempt to prove he was a staunch defender of the 1st admendment (and not a juvenile way to get clicks) then wouldn't he have defended Jemele Hills stupid comments? Wouldn't he had bashed the office of the president (the government) saying it was a "fireable offense"?
Again I am sure I am missing some aspect of the action. It just seems contradictory to his previous Hill/White House comments

I could watch a 24 hour mash up of CNN reporters and their feigned disgust at things said by others. Always playing the victim. This was glorious and i disagree with only 1 thing Clay said. Jamelle should absolutely be fired for her racist remarks, its not like its the first time she has said controversial things

I am sure that I am missing something obvious but if this was an attempt to prove he was a staunch defender of the 1st admendment (and not a juvenile way to get clicks) then wouldn't he have defended Jemele Hills stupid comments? Wouldn't he had bashed the office of the president (the government) saying it was a "fireable offense"?
Again I am sure I am missing some aspect of the action. It just seems contradictory to his previous Hill/White House comments
He said it was a fireable offense based on ESPN's firing of Curt Schilling for tweeting his conservative views and then feeling it made the network look bad. He even stated she had the right to say what she did.

He said it was a fireable offense based on ESPN's firing of Curt Schilling for tweeting his conservative views and then feeling it made the network look bad. He even stated she had the right to say what she did.
This guy gets it. Its a horrible way to run a business, doubke standards galore. Its not just Schilling that has been a victim of their left leaning views either, even the man himself, Iron Mike

Reactions: lsmhog
I could watch a 24 hour mash up of CNN reporters and their feigned disgust at things said by others. Always playing the victim. This was glorious and i disagree with only 1 thing Clay said. Jamelle should absolutely be fired for her racist remarks, its not like its the first time she has said controversial things
I dont have a problem with calling out DT for getting in bed with a bunch of white supremacists. He benefitted from it even if he probably isn't one himself, so he should face the consequences.

If ESPN is going to fire Schilling for an opinion that doesnt reflect theirs, however, Hill should've been fired too. ESPN isn't even trying to hide their political bias these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT