ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoff selection committee's condensed games

STLhawg

Letterman
Jun 12, 2002
from link below:
"Committee members were also given iPads, which will have all of the
games downloaded, and they have access to condensed versions of
televised games that they can watch in an hour.
"

So I wonder who is condensing all these football games? It would seem they could influence the committee pretty easily without them even realizing (depending on how the edit the games).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11586555/wisconsin-badgers-athletic-director-barry-alvarez-offers-glimpse-college-football-playoff-criteria

I suspect since they are now running college football, ESPN will provide the info. And I agree, there is room for sneaky things to happen.

I have asked and still do not know, will the NCAA officially recognize the winner of this system as true National Champions, I suspect not, but have not seen anything definite.

As long as people pick who get to play for the title I'll always consider it a mythical title. The only fair way is for teams to earn their way in by winning their conference championship. The playoff should be all and only the conference champs, which would include the lower tier conferences having a shot at it.

If all conf champs get in then we need to be in the sbc.....just sayin'

I would be fine with 1 spot being allocated to a small conference champ (or more if they earn it on the field).....but not for rewarding a bunch of teams from weak conferences.

This post was edited on 9/27 12:02 AM by Batesville Hogfan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT