ADVERTISEMENT

Comprehensive List of Players Who Can be Cut

fireballsherm

Signee
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2015
As most know, scholarships are guaranteed for four years if a player signs with a power five program out of high school. However, they are not guaranteed for JUCO transfers, walkons placed on scholarship, blue shirts, gray shirts, or for redshirt juniors going into their senior seasons.

This is a list of players that Chad Morris can straight up cut from the team to open up a scholarship.

Offense:

QB: Ty Storey - redshirt junior

RB: Rakeem Boyd - JUCO transfer

WR: Chase Harrell - grad transfer; LaMichael Pettway - redshirt junior; Deon Stewart - redshirt junior

TE: CJ O'Grady - redshirt junior

OL: Colton Jackson - redshirt junior; Deion Malone - possible 6th year candidate, JUCO transfer; Ty Clary - blue shirt

Defense:

DE: JaMario Bell - redshirt junior; Dorian Gerald, JUCO transfer; Gabe Richardson - JUCO transfer;

DT: TJ Smith - redshirt junior

LB: Hayden Henry - blueshirt; Grant Morgon, walkon

CB: Nate Dalton - redshirt junior; Ryan Pulley - redshirt junior; Britto Tutt - JUCO transfer; D'Vone McClure - walkon

Special Teams:

Blake Johnson - redshirt junior; Connor Limpert - walkon

That is 21 total players who can be cut from the team under the new rules. Obviously Storey, Boyd, O'Grady and others wont be cut.

If I were running the show, I would encourage the seven players below to find a new team, and if they did not, I would cut them from the team:

WR Chase Harrell - has not made an impact, and I see no reason to have any particular loyalty to a grad transfer

WR Deon Stewart - I don't think the staff would cut him because he's from Arkansas, but I would

OL: Deione Malone - I wouldn't bring him back, even for depth purposes. If he is starting in an SEC game, we are ****ed either way. I'm sure they can find some kids to walkon to help in practice.

DE: JaMario Bel - If I were on the staff, I would actually give this kid a chance to play. But if they aren't, then let him go somehwere else.

CB: Nate Dalton - I don't think I need to explain this one.

CB: Britto Tutt - has been passed by younger players and we need the room.

P: Blake Johnson - Also don't need to explain this.

That is seven players that can be cut from the team under the new rules.

There will certainly be 7-10 others who are encouraged to find a new home after the season, but if they choose to stay, they count towards the 85.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News