ADVERTISEMENT

Do yourselves a favor. Do not tell ANYONE about the firearms you possess

Yellow M&M

Signee
Dec 12, 2012
The government is going to try and make you tell them exactly what firearms you own so they can confiscate them at their discretion. Screw that.

When you buy a gun don't post pics of it on Facebook or whatever social media you fiddle around on. It is NOBODYS BUSINESS what firearms you own. You would be doing yourself a favor by keeping your little secret between you, your family, and God.

That's my .02

And I bet you voted for every one of the incumbents on your ballot last election.

This isn't about politics. It's about your rights as an American

Regarding your question, no I did not. I'm struggling to think of a single incumbent I voted for.

Originally posted by Yellow M&M:

The government is going to try and make you tell them exactly what firearms you own so they can confiscate them at their discretion. Screw that.

When you buy a gun don't post pics of it on Facebook or whatever social media you fiddle around on. It is NOBODYS BUSINESS what firearms you own. You would be doing yourself a favor by keeping your little secret between you, your family, and God.

That's my .02
I work in the beltway and I agree,

And dont fool your self into thinking along the lines of Democrat and Republican, whom both are in the same league....

We as a country have become scared of our shadow. We allowed our government who did nothing when warned about 9/11, to pass the Patriot Act because they kept us in constant fear of terrorism. No one wants your shotgun or even your hand gun but tell me why anyone needs an assault rifle? If you plan on over throwing the government then get on with it! In the mean time, continue to contribute to the NRA, they certainly profit for this discussion.

You got that right. If the voters would break away from their parties and take a look, they would see the 2 parties are the problem. You must be one or the other to be President. Problem solvers don't come in either of those flavors. It's the fight between the parties that is the problem. We need to kick all current elected officials from both parties out of government and start over with no parties. Remove the labels and elected officials actually serve the people for a change.

If you paid any attention to how society behaved in New Orleans post Hurricane Katrina, you would know why an assault rifle is necessary. If we have another depression how do you think society will behave this time?? Lawlessness and chaos. You have it and people will be coming to take it. Have fun depending on the police to keep you and yours safe. Call me nuts, but people are not nearly as civil as they were in the 30's.

Then you need to figure out how to keep assault rifles out of the hands of the crazy! If you're paranoid about the end of the world and you're sane, then how does society handle the nuts who want these weapons to kill the innocent? Any nut can go to a gun show and buy anything they want. There has to be a way to somehow identify people who should never be armed!

Like I said in my previous post, the government tries to create fear in their citizens to justify things like the Patriot Act that allows them to spy on us. I would not be surprised that they will create a database of assault rifle owners especially since the only solution the NRA and its members have is to arm everyone. It reminds me of the bible when Moses told the Pharoh that the next plague will come from the mouth of the Pharoh, so will it come from the mouth of the NRA.

Assault Rifles are illegal. Hunting rifles with cool assault rifle like accessories are not illegal. They are also ideal for women and youth hunters and even smaller framed men because the stock can often telescope making it one size fits all and they often have less kick when shot.

Originally posted by hogzilla22:
If you paid any attention to how society behaved in New Orleans post Hurricane Katrina, you would know why an assault rifle is necessary. If we have another depression how do you think society will behave this time?? Lawlessness and chaos. You have it and people will be coming to take it. Have fun depending on the police to keep you and yours safe. Call me nuts, but people are not nearly as civil as they were in the 30's.
I fear this guy is right and yes, I am old by many of your standards. But I am fit, run everyday and I am armed and I wouldn't go back to being 20, 30 or 40 again for all the proverbial tea in china.

Even more importantly than not telling the government about your guns Yellow M&M is to remind everyone not to shot other human beings with them. Priorities and all that.

Go Hogs!

Originally posted by Razornutt:
Even more importantly than not telling the government about your guns Yellow M&M is to remind everyone not to shot other human beings with them. Priorities and all that.

Go Hogs!
If they don't know I have guns.... they won't come and try to take them from me...

Threatening my family... by trying to take my stuff (guns etc) creates a high likely hood that someone is going to get shot.

Therefore, not telling them I have guns is actually going to decrease the chance someone get's shot...

Can you make the connection... between entering my house unauthorized and getting shot?

Sure Hambone. I can make the connection because I have common sense.

I also understand Cold War rationalization.

And I also understand that (as a gun owner myself) we are at a tipping point as a society and changes have to be made, and I am not talking about gun laws. There has to be some sanity in this mess and it isn't paniced messages to not tell the government about your guns, or to be "I'll pop a cap in your ass" as our first response. In my opinion it should be a message of personal responsibility to ourselves and our children. Do the right thing. Never kill another human being except as a last resort. Compassion isn't weakness.

The most important ability a person owning a gun should have isn't to shot at a marksman level, but the ability to think intelligently.

Priorities and all that....

Go Hogs!

And I also understand that (as a gun owner myself) we are at a tipping point as a society and changes have to be made, and I am not talking about gun laws. There has to be some sanity in this mess and it isn't paniced messages to not tell the government about your guns, or to be "I'll pop a cap in your ass" as our first response. In my opinion it should be a message of personal responsibility to ourselves and our children. Do the right thing. Never kill another human being except as a last resort. Compassion isn't weakness.

The most important ability a person owning a gun should have isn't to shot at a marksman level, but the ability to think intelligently.

Go Hogs!
Would you really allow someone to enter your house unauthorized....

And stand iidely by?

The anti-gun folks want this to be about guns but it's not. Guns have been around alot longer than school shootings have been the norm though that seems to be an inconvenient reality that tends to go ignored. The real issues IMHO:

We have raised a bunch of touchy feely kids that believe that they are entitled.

We have slowly removed personal responsibility from the raising of children. We are so careful to avoid letting our youth feel inferior in any way that we don't keep score in youth leagues, everybody gets a particicpation trophy, and everybody gets X amount of playing time. Gone is the notion that talent, work ethic, and desire earns anything. Everybody is equally entitled. This does not prepare kids for the real world. It actually does just the opposite. A common thread among school shooters is that they feel the world they live in has done them wrong, that they have been shafted by society, and that they have been unjustly stuck with the plight they have actually created for themselves. They have been denied one of the most basic lessons in life- For every winner there is also a loser.

And then you feed them with violent rap music, ever more graphic video games in which killing equals winning, and movies that further feed the notion that blood and guts are cool. You remove the moral compass of right and wrong by removing God from society and replacing religion with whatever feels good to you is OK. And then we teach them that if they are unhappy it must be somebody else's fault. A toxic recipe' for disaster.

And now we act shocked at the results. It must be the guns. Well, it's not. It's us, it's the school systems, it's political correctness, it's making everybody a victim that is not a victor. It's raising kids to be ill prepared for a real world in which others are smarter, more gifted, more fortunate, better looking, richer, etc. It is a failure to teach them that sometimes life isn't fair and sometimes when it is fair you still lose. Life is tough and it requires toughness to survive it. We as a society seem to think if we pretend it's not tough it will cease to be tough. That is insane.

When I was in HS in the 70's it wasn't at all uncommon during deer season for kids to show up for school straight from the woods with guns still in the rifle racks of their trucks. We never even thought about it as a threat. These days, when a 6 yo can get suspended for sexual harrassment for telling a teacher she is pretty, we live in constant fear that a kid will snap and shoot up a school at anytime at any school. It wasn't the guns in the 70's and it's not the guns today. It is us.

Go Hogs!
That's great in theory, but theories don't always translate in the real world. As a middle aged gun owner, I can honestly say I have never shot another human being or even threatened one with a gun. OTOH, I have never broke into somebody's house, never abducted anybody, never held up a store, never raped anybody, and never molested a child either. But there are people out there that don't see the world as we do, and if they encroach on me or mine, they will do so at considerable risk. That is not a chest thumping macho thing on my part, it is simply a fact. I won't say I will never be victimized, but I will say I won't be an easy target b/c I won't be unarmed.

I have no stats to back this up. I believe that most intruders or those that intend to assault that are met with a gun back down, retreat or escape by fleeing without a shot being fired. Most of these successful defenses are never reported.

Originally posted by PeteJC:
I have no stats to back this up. I believe that most intruders or those that intend to assault that are met with a gun back down, retreat or escape by fleeing without a shot being fired. Most of these successful defenses are never reported.
I agree Pete. Murders, rapes etc etc prevented... merely because the potential victim showed the perpertrator that they had a gun is NOT reported.... And totally ignored by the liberals.

I agree 7777. Those people who act out and murder a bunch of random people are angry at society for doing them wrong...

Society has drilled into their head what they deserve and in theri minds, they have been screwed by society... and they are gettin' even...

Originally posted by rzrbk7777:

The anti-gun folks want this to be about guns but it's not. Guns have been around alot longer than school shootings have been the norm though that seems to be an inconvenient reality that tends to go ignored. The real issues IMHO:

We have raised a bunch of touchy feely kids that believe that they are entitled.

We have slowly removed personal responsibility from the raising of children. We are so careful to avoid letting our youth feel inferior in any way that we don't keep score in youth leagues, everybody gets a particicpation trophy, and everybody gets X amount of playing time. Gone is the notion that talent, work ethic, and desire earns anything. Everybody is equally entitled. This does not prepare kids for the real world. It actually does just the opposite. A common thread among school shooters is that they feel the world they live in has done them wrong, that they have been shafted by society, and that they have been unjustly stuck with the plight they have actually created for themselves. They have been denied one of the most basic lessons in life- For every winner there is also a loser.

And then you feed them with violent rap music, ever more graphic video games in which killing equals winning, and movies that further feed the notion that blood and guts are cool. You remove the moral compass of right and wrong by removing God from society and replacing religion with whatever feels good to you is OK. And then we teach them that if they are unhappy it must be somebody else's fault. A toxic recipe' for disaster.

And now we act shocked at the results. It must be the guns. Well, it's not. It's us, it's the school systems, it's political correctness, it's making everybody a victim that is not a victor. It's raising kids to be ill prepared for a real world in which others are smarter, more gifted, more fortunate, better looking, richer, etc. It is a failure to teach them that sometimes life isn't fair and sometimes when it is fair you still lose. Life is tough and it requires toughness to survive it. We as a society seem to think if we pretend it's not tough it will cease to be tough. That is insane.

When I was in HS in the 70's it wasn't at all uncommon during deer season for kids to show up for school straight from the woods with guns still in the rifle racks of their trucks. We never even thought about it as a threat. These days, when a 6 yo can get suspended for sexual harrassment for telling a teacher she is pretty, we live in constant fear that a kid will snap and shoot up a school at anytime at any school. It wasn't the guns in the 70's and it's not the guns today. It is us.
BRAVO!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT