ADVERTISEMENT

dolphin player find and susupended based on Michael Sam tweet

Luke_Hawg

Starter
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2009
This is getting beyond ridiculous. Micro managing grown men's twitter accounts for having an opinion that they have the right to have. One word, "horrible", got this man suspended and fined. I'm against homosexuality based on what the bible tells me but I'm not homophobic. I don't have a hatred for homosexuals. I am , however, sick of this being forced in my face. Do I think two men on national television kissing is disgusting? Absolutely. Do I want my kids to see something like this? Absolutely not. What is this society coming to? I'm sure I will be attacked for this but I could care less. It's time to take a stand.

story

Michael Sam getting drafted was on the front page of the AR DemGazette yesterday. Hocker, Smith, and Small being drafted was on page 7 or 8. That is unacceptable, unless somehow we have now deemed gay players from other schools more important than the Razorback players in the state newspaper
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Luke_Hawg:

This is getting beyond ridiculous. Micro managing grown men's twitter accounts for having an opinion that they have the right to have. One word, "horrible", got this man suspended and fined. I'm against homosexuality based on what the bible tells me but I'm not homophobic. I don't have a hatred for homosexuals. I am , however, sick of this being forced in my face. Do I think two men on national television kissing is disgusting? Absolutely. Do I want my kids to see something like this? Absolutely not. What is this society coming to? I'm sure I will be attacked for this but I could care less. It's time to take a stand.
Agree.

Please don't throw that freedom of speech shit in our faces. You can say what you want, but you have to face the consequences. They should just shut their mouth. They are getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport.

Why is that? Why should there be a consequence for not agreeing or voicing your opinion just because it isn't considered acceptable. ..

And for the record, i never said i agreed with the fine/suspension. I just hate it when people bring up freedom of speech when that has nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by alabamahawgfan:
But it does..
Do you know what freedom of speech is? Do you understand the ways in which freedom of speech is protected by the 1st amendment? It would appear that you do not.

Originally posted by hpharri1994:

Originally posted by alabamahawgfan:
But it does..
Do you know what freedom of speech is? Do you understand the ways in which freedom of speech is protected by the 1st amendment? It would appear that you do not.
nope, he's clueless. And you could copy and paste the exact language which is pretty clear; i did it in the other thread. Conveniently, they just couldn't comment on that.

10246564_10152149472456638_8478056901724961647_n.jpg

Originally posted by WMFC:

Please don't throw that freedom of speech shit in our faces. You can say what you want, but you have to face the consequences. They should just shut their mouth. They are getting paid millions of dollars to play a sport.
You seem pretty bitter regarding the 1st amendment. What is the root of this bitterness? He said "horrible". If someone cant say "horrible" on their twitter account without "consequences" I have an issue and I'd be glad to throw a double dose in your face. The double standard here is pretty glaring.

This my point exactly..not even gonna argue..it's pointless unless you have the same opinion of the clueless oops meant masses. .

Originally posted by WMFC:

You seem pretty bitter regarding the 1st amendment. What is the root of this bitterness? He said "horrible". If someone cant say "horrible" on their twitter account without "consequences" I have an issue and I'd be glad to throw a double dose in your face. The double standard here is pretty glaring.
Because i can't stand being around idiots who just throw out certain terms because everybody else does. Freedom of speech relates to the government. You can say whatever you want, but you have to answer to your EMPLOYER. I think the fine/suspension is a little harsh but you can't blame his EMPLOYER for taking action.

I am 100% behind this statement.

Your Bible tells you to kill homosexuals. Do you believe in that part too?

Originally posted by President_Camacho:

Your Bible tells you to kill homosexuals. Do you believe in that part too?
Can you give the address for that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT