ADVERTISEMENT

Eating Crow

Jun 16, 2011
After the A&M game I had posted on here how frustrated I was in the program at having been so close to winning but then to have lost not to A&M but to ourselves. STLHawg and I debated back and forth on the matter. He was clear to me that when Arkansas does well I am not on the boards congratulating abut when we are down I am definitely here pointing out those disappointments. I told him then that if Arkansas were to beat Alabama I would come on here to congratulate our team and then eat crow. Well....we didn't win....but you know what? I am eating crow anyway. We dominated that game. We have done something that few have been able to do to Bama and that was keep them at bay for a vast majority of the game. I realize that in the end we didn't get the points on the board as we should have. There were a lot of mistakes that (once again) cost us the game. But isn't that an argument Saban could have made if Bama has lost? My point here is yes I agree with STLHawg, we have indeed made great improvement over last year. In fact I heard it said from sports commentators that Arkansas is the MOST IMPROVED in the nation but the record will not show that. As frustrated as I was at not winning last night...... I did, before the game, have concerns that we would lose pretty badly. But that didn't happen. It turned out different than most predicted, including myself.
I do believe CBB has something going here. You can see it taking form but still missing a few pieces of the puzzle to complete the picture. So despite having not won that game last night I do want to say I am proud of our team and our coaches. They definitely played their hearts out. The fans were the best I have seen them in a long time. It was all there. I do believe it will happen for us.

Good post -- it helps a bit with my sour mood. After the game, I was beginning to wonder if this team was going to win another game this season (save the UAB one maybe).
frown.r191677.gif
I'm just so tired of losing conference games I guess.

But does it count against the cheerleaders and waterboys. I don't know, the last 2 games they start like they are too amped up. We are at the point where only the HOGS can beat the HOGS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT