ADVERTISEMENT

Florida and LSU

No. They're actually doing better than I had expected so far this year considering the people we had to replace from last year, the fact that our more experienced def backfield wasn't that good the last couple of years either, more experienced now but still the same people. Austin has really surprised me since he barely got any mop up duty last year, so he was pretty much an unknown quantity coming into the season. Losing Kody Walker for the rest of the season hurts and I hope Austin's knee isn't as bad as it looked in the game, the backup QBs clearly aren't ready yet. I also noticed Devwah come up limping late in the fourth quarter but haven't heard anything about the extent of his injury. We haven't had kickoff coverage worthy of the name since before BB came here, but the punt coverage is doing pretty well and we may finally have found a decent placekicker to take some of the anxiety out of FG attempts longer than an extra point.

YES! The Auburn loss alone should put him there. Every running QB team blows him out. New OL hire was a big miss. Anderson does not have control of the players. Team quit before halftime. Next year needs to be SECC (or 10 wins including Alabama and aTm) or bust for BB.

The tone is like we are 3-5 instead of 5-3.
We have won and lost the games we were expected to in many people's opinions.
I did drink a little kool-aid on the Auburn game but all the details add up for the loss. But--- no excuse for 56-3 gap.

Actually HOGS are 1-3 where it matters most. Barely beat a below .500 OM. Got blown out by running QBs in the other 3. Defense and OL are not even average SEC. They are Sun belt level. So HOGs just need to get to a bowl game which will come down to the last 2 games. Then BB will need to prove himself. So far he has been average at his best. I also think Jeff Long needs to ride the hot seat. The whole sports' program has run in the ditch.

No team is trending up. we need to leave coach in place to build the program up. There will be a step back game or year now and then. Think we still may get more wins than last year which would mean more wins every year since Coach B has been here.

People have been spoiled by the age of instant gratification we live in. Time was most fans understood it takes time to build a program and didn't start grumbling until after a coach had five years of bringing in his kind of players for his system in, but now they seem to think of it like it's a game of Madden where you can step in and win a championship with the worst team in the game right off the bat. If a newer coach's system is similar to that of the one he is replacing then it won't take as long, but when BB came in we had had two years of handicapped recruiting and his system was much different than BP's and JLS's, but progress has been made each year. I was expecting a dropoff this year considering who all graduated and left early so to me this year has been better than expected. I'm disappointed with the losses, but what fan wouldn't be, especially the total lack of effort in the Auburn game, but how many of you were predicting we would win those particular games during the pre-season? We were even the underdogs against TCU and probably will be again next year.

The Program is trending upward??? Bc we might win 8 games in a year that Ole Miss really isn't that good and Mississippi St and mizzu are just terrrivle?? Ohh we might get that special 8th win against some not really good team in a bad bowl game. And ohh BTW, looking like a sunbelt team on nataional tv when we play the likes of A&M, Aubby, and Alabama. Do We REALLY think this program is trending upward??

Believe what you want, I'm not going to waste my time and effort trying to convince you of anything, but if you can't see the difference now from the year BP was fired and the failed one year experiment with JLS then all I can do is suggest you make an appointment to have your eyes checked.

I agree this is year 4. Next is year 5. It will be time to prove his worth. He would have made over 20 million dollars by then. He is going to need 10 total wins. He will need to beat aTm or Alabama. He will need to be in every game in the 4th quarter. If not he needs to ride the hot seat in year 6 after making coaching changes for the ones not up to par. OL Coach Anderson is not up to par. He is in over his head.

Team is trending up because we have won 3 games against teams who were in top 15 when we played them. Tied for most at this point with Alabama. Could win out and finish with 10 wins after bowl game even though 9 more likely. Also we are playing one of toughest schedules in the country year in and year out. If you can't see hogs trending up your just a pestimist.

The main game for me now is MSU. BB has not beat Alabama, aTm or MSU. Alabama I can understand, the other 2, going 0-4 is a problem. Especially since all 3 of those schools have out coached the HOGS late in games. As for Alabama, a good coach will beat all yearly teams at least once in 5 tries. HOGS should beat MSU this year. A loss will be a bad end to the season. Even with a Missouri win.

HOGS quit on Coach B for second time this season. This time in final HOME game. Both sides of the ball.

Team quits again in last game. This time the whole team quits. Coaches' have lost this team. Coaches unable to adjust in 2nd half leads to players losing confidence. Changes must be made. The DC this year and BB next year if he fails to get 9 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT