ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Florida DB James Monds enjoying early Razorback recruitment

nikkichavanelle

Hall of Fame
Staff
Sep 21, 2014

I caught up with Fort Pierce, Florida cornerback James Monds who the Razorbacks offered in June. Fort Pierce is about 2 hours north up the coast from Miami. His recruitment kicked off in February with an offer from Western Kentucky and he's earned 20 more since, including Miami, Tennessee and Mississippi State.

He said he talks a lot with Scott Fountain whom he really likes. He said Fountain thinks he'll be a great fit in the defense that uses a lot of DBs and he said he thinks the program is in good hands now with the players Arkansas is bring in and the new staff.

Arkansas will be one of the schools at the top of his list to visit once they're allowed again, as well as Virginia Tech, Tennessee and Mississippi State.

I asked him if Florida was showing interest but despite several visits, he said, "maybe I'm just not what they're looking for."

He's run a 4.5 40 and looks like an early favorite for the staff.

He said he's been chatting with Lucas Coley about what Arkansas is like and he's been active on social media about the Razorbacks but it's still early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News