ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Four-star QB Air Noland says Arkansas 'way better than people expect'

DanielFair

Football Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Dec 6, 2019

Arkansas is still in the market for a quarterback in the class of 2024, and it hosted Fairburn, Georgia, quarterback Air Noland on Monday and Tuesday.

One of the most-coveted quarterbacks in the country with over 30 offers, Noland told HawgBeat after his visit to Arkansas that it isn't what people expect it to be.

"The visit went great," Noland said. "I think the outcome that I got, the information I got is that Arkansas isn’t what a lot of people expect until you get down there. Arkansas really stood out with coach (Sam) Pittman and coach (Dan) Enos."

Head coach Sam Pittman and offensive coordinator Dan Enos spent a lot of time detailing to Noland how he would fit into the offense, and he saw the possibility for early play time at Arkansas.

"Really just showing me around Arkansas and showing how I would fit into the offense," Noland said. "How, if I was to go and compete for a job, it’ll be easier you know, cause, you know, they have KJ and he’s leaving, I think the chances of me playing early in the year are very high, and that’s a big factor."

In addition to Pittman and Enos recruiting him, Noland also has a long relationship with running backs and associate head coach Jimmy Smith, who Noland spoke highly of.

"I’ve been on coach Jimmy ever since I was in the eighth grade," Noland said. "Got a chance to meet him in ninth grade. He’s been a great person for me. He’s been knowing me for a while, so me and him have a great relationship."

Noland's mom was also on the trip with him, and he said she loved the school, not just the football side of things.

"She loved the way we was treated," Noland said. "Loved the people around Arkansas, not only form the on the field staff but also the college and the education."

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound signal caller also told HawgBeat about Enos' ability to develop quarterbacks.

"I think coach Enos and the offense he runs is very detailed," Noland said. "The way he coaches his quarterbacks. I love the way he puts his offense and his quarterbacks in the best situation. The way he develops the quarterbacks is another thing. Just the passion he has for playcalling and developing quarterbacks."

With over 30 offers, Noland is still deciding his options. He said he has plans to visit Ohio State, Alabama, Texas A&M and Miami this spring. A return trip to Arkansas on an official visit is also likely.

"That’s something I have to take into consideration, but most likely I will," Noland said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News