ADVERTISEMENT

Get ready

J.C. Rose

Starter
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2003
Rest easy, we are about to get a good football coach. I'm fired up about the plan in place to have a football coach this weekend. JCP has been running point on the process, but all those involved (yes a small committee that was not announced) have been working really good this entire week. The coaching search guy they brought in last weekend has really been invaluable in helping navigate the process.

Here's what I posted Monday in regards to @hawgclucker saying its Norvell.

"Because I think Gus is too much of a long shot, I think this happens. Gus is still target 1 and his to turn down if they lose Saturday. Auburn in a stronger spot to keep him than we are to get him. Nothing is happening this week as both our top targets are coaching this weekend. First domino is Auburn losing to Georgia and I just don't see.it. Once that outcome is final we will be in position to move quickly on Norvell, who finishes his season Saturday also. Sexton is going to be a bi$ch to deal with here, controlling both coaches.

Since I posted this, there has been a rumor every day. Gus one day, Norvell the next, Venables the next, Chad Morris, etc.

The list has not changed from the beginning, and neither has the strategy - "make Gus say no." Gus will have an offer before kickoff Saturday. He will have less than 24 hours to decide. From there its Norvell then Morris (there is 1 MAJOR booster pushing Morris).

The ONLY thing that derails this is if Auburn wins, and Gus still says he wants to come but wait until January. Personally I don't see this happening but they have a very tough call to make at that point. Pressure may be too much to wait.

I was wrong about one thing in my post from Monday, Sexton has been really good to work with on his 2 candidates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News