ADVERTISEMENT

OT Gotta share this - 40th birthday

mcbmd

Ozark Mtn Daredevil
May 3, 2018
Goshen, AR
So my 40th birthday was yesterday. My wife asked me a while back what I wanted to do. We'd been talking about going down to visit some friends in Texas and I said let's just do that - mainly so she didn't feel pressure to put on any big shindig. So, we drive down to Van Alstyne, TX, north of McKinney. We go out with friends Friday night. Saturday we just hang out by the pool and watch football, which was awesome until it wasn't. After the Arkansas game, our friend's got brisket catered in which was phenomenal. I go back outside and I'm sitting by the pool watching Ole Miss/Alabama when everything gets kinda quiet. So for those of you that don't know, 90% of what I listen to is Red Dirt music and my favorites are all female - Courtney Patton, Kaitlin Butts, Sunny Sweeney, Bri Bagwell, etc. (most of y'all have never heard of any of those). But my favorite by far is a girl named Jamie Lin Wilson. So, everything gets quiet (there are probably 20 people in the backyard), and lo and behold who should walk through the backdoor with a birthday cake? Ms. Jamie Lin Wilson. I don't know what I did. I think I might have cried. I damn sure couldn't figure out what to say. My wife had booked her for a 90 minute private concert, which was literally the highlight of my life. Then she hung around for a couple more hours talking, taking pics, etc. She is as amazing as a person as she is as a singer. Anyway, my wife is the greatest and I just wanted to share that amazing experience that in one nanosecond made me forget all about the ballgame!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News