ADVERTISEMENT

Guns and criminals

479deerhunter

Signee
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
If you own a gun you had better hide it. If it is a semi auto you better throw it away. Obama is coming to get you.

Originally posted by 479deerhunter:

If you own a gun you had better hide it. If it is a semi auto you better throw it away. Obama is coming to get you.
179bfbf98858f25d948b6c59ef213e09_pub.gif

Originally posted by original hambone:

Originally posted by hpharri1994:

Originally posted by 479deerhunter:

179bfbf98858f25d948b6c59ef213e09_pub.gif
So, what's the difference between the action of my semi-auto hunting rifel and an assault weapon?
I believe pharri happily resides in San Francisco which is pretty telling . Also telling is that his little dig could serve as a mini biography for his elected spokesperson Nancy Pelosi. I would love tosee her in a fair debate with Beck. It would be ugly if you were a Nancy fan.

One difference Ham, is, the hunting rifle was made to hunt game and the assault rifle was designed to kill as many people as quickly as possible. I have no idea other than a collector, as true collector, why any one would want military assault weapons.

Originally posted by bobhawg:
One difference Ham, is, the hunting rifle was made to hunt game and the assault rifle was designed to kill as many people as quickly as possible. I have no idea other than a collector, as true collector, why any one would want military assault weapons.
While that is technically true, in real life applications there is little difference. You can rig a hunting rifle to hold a bigger magazine and they are generally more accurate long range than a so-called assault rifle. Assault rifles are called that b/c they have short barrels and the capability to be fully automatic already built in. What the lefties call an assault rifle in public hands is actually a short, cooling looking rifle with a big clip. A nutjob school shooter could do just as much harm in a much nastier way with a couple of shotguns and a few boxes of buckshot. Whether private citizens keep assault rifles or not is of exactly no significence to school or any other shooting. There are still going to be plenty of alternatives for folks determined to kill somebody.

And on the magazine thing, only those who know nothing about guns could possibly buy into that. A would be school shooter can easily fill his pockets with 5-10 round clips. It takes 2 seconds to drop a clip and slam in another one. Heck, a guy in an unarmed place like a school could take a couple of revolvers and pockets full of ammo and have nothing to stop himfrom reloading over and over. These folks act like if you take away 30 round clips these crazies are going to start bringing muskets. Outlawing 30 round clips will not save a single life, and that isn't the real motive anyway.

This gun control witch hunt is a farce. Chicago is a posterchild for the impact of strong gun laws. It's sad how easily our leaders have become comfortable simply dismissing any truths that don't fit their agendas. The truth is just an obstacle that gets in the way in Washington and beyond these days.

Assault style weapons are often used by young hunters, women and the elderly. They are easier to carry and easier to shoot, easier to control and safer for a small or weak person. The fully automatic real version used by the military is illegal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT